Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 68 days remaining

Post by Aztec Hammer »

[quote="wormley]

:lol:

Holding out for world cup punts more like[/quote]

Unfortunately yeah. No chance of showing ambition like that. We moved for no reason other than to fill their pockets a bit more and try to massively inflate the value they’ll get from the sale.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

wormley wrote:
Holding out for world cup punts more like
Bring on Gary Breen mkII*

If I've reminded you of someone you've somehow managed to expunge from your memory, I apologise.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Shudders. Leaves thread until pills work.
brewster
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by brewster »

While there remains some interest in the **** stopper we have have been told he is a backup option with only a 5% chance of signing the 25-year-old this Summer.

From Claret & Hugh.

I didn't think Johnstone was that bad actually!
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

brewster wrote:While there remains some interest in the **** stopper we have have been told he is a backup option with only a 5% chance of signing the 25-year-old this Summer.

From Claret & Hugh.

:D Just read that. Why that bloke dos'nt press spell check before he posts something to his site I'll never know. Sums the website up to be honest.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Graza

Post by Graza »

brewster wrote:While there remains some interest in the **** stopper we have have been told he is a backup option with only a 5% chance of signing the 25-year-old this Summer.

From Claret & Hugh.

Imodium in goal? If he's currently plying his trade for an Argentinian second division club he might fit Sullivan's budget.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

My prefeence would be hernandez up top supported by Arnie, lanzini and one other.
Just because Arnie scored a few playing up top, doesn't mean it is his best position or one that is best for us. Personally reckon that playing hernandez and Arnie together has more potential (if we get the DMs/ Fulbacks sorted).
Arnie can play a similar role to Payet where he flits between right up top and then wider/ deeper.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

They will be going for a World Cup punt, who will be this world cups Enner Valencia ?
It won’t be a defender, defensive midfielder, in other words positions we’ve needed strengthening in for ages. Sullivan wants attacking players, ‘show biz’ signings for want of a better phrase.
Defence to him is boring. I’ll be amazed if we pay money for a defender or GK, they will be free transfers or loans if we do get anyone in in those areas.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:My prefeence would be hernandez up top supported by Arnie, lanzini and one other.
Just because Arnie scored a few playing up top, doesn't mean it is his best position or one that is best for us. Personally reckon that playing hernandez and Arnie together has more potential (if we get the DMs/ Fulbacks sorted).
Arnie can play a similar role to Payet where he flits between right up top and then wider/ deeper.

100%

Could count on 1 hand I reckon the amount of times both Hernandez and Arnie started a game together in some form or another so never had the chance to show us what they can really do together. And in the brief little cameos they have, it's looked good. It's all about what works best for the Team.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Arnie was superb up front for us last season, why would we move him further back to the detriment of his goal scoring to shoe-horn in a player who’s lazy, cheats and doesn’t want to be here?

I’d lose no sleep if we sold Hernandez.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

I can see going Egyptian.
"Must be another Mo Salah out there"
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

thejackhammer wrote:Arnie was superb up front for us last season, why would we move him further back to the detriment of his goal scoring to shoe-horn in a player who’s lazy, cheats and doesn’t want to be here?

I’d lose no sleep if we sold Hernandez.
why would it necessarily be to the detriment of his goal.scoring? The two players might score 15 each.

It doesn't have to be hernandez up front, but would still prefer an out and out striker alongside him. However, given we already have hernandez it makes things easier
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I think you’re mad to move Arnie out of the position he’s played the best football of his career in. And where he’s now looked our best striker for a decade.

Playing Arnie there is for the benefit of the team and allows us better and more flexible players behind as he does such hard work up front. Pushing that out wide doesn’t work so well.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It doesn't necessarily mean having to move him out of position. Play both as a 2 up top which Pellegrini prefers.
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:My prefeence would be hernandez up top supported by Arnie, lanzini and one other.
He was a revelation in the second half of the season playing upfront.

Bullying the best of defences and scoring more (11) than just «a few». Plus six assists. The freedom of having less defensive duty/tracking back seems to have given him an extra gear going forward. We should build around that rather than mess with the Arnie-formula.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:@OMoS

trouble is mate, how did the last lot of freebies/loans do ?? Last less than a year some of them..the rest have all gone ...............

Randolph
Fletcher
Nordviet
Tore
The Algerian bloke who, like the 3 Tenors, I can't remember the name of.....Feghouli !!!!

anyone else I have missed ??

They were loans and freebies, I reckon that EVERY player either a freebie or a paid for person, still demands a signing on fee. The amount differs if they cost nowt.
On Skye Sports just now - West Ham are said to be interested in a couple of Spanish midfielders and a big Italian Goalkeeper -

Carreras - Domingo - Pavarotti
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
On Skye Sports just now - West Ham are said to be interested in a couple of Spanish midfielders and a big Italian Goalkeeper -

I wonder how much that'll cost......
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

We actually haven’t struggled to score goals for a while now. We just haven’t been able to stop them at the other end. To me it’s irrelevent which combination of £15m plus strikers we play whilst we have freebies and midfielders playing at the back.

Even Allardyce couldn’t stop us conceding and he was playing a 4-5-1 every week. That’s how little the owners were prepared to spend on cover.

For as long as I can remember we’ve needed a defensive midfielder, a right-back and a keeper

My guess is that y the end of the window we’ll have spent the square root of f*** all on those three positions and once again we’ll be moaning about a manager who can’t get us to defend whilst he has three attacking midfielders to pick from as a defensive shield.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:

“Faithless” wrote: I wonder how much that'll cost......
£30

3 x Tenners