Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 66 days remaining

Post by Het-Field »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:According to the Evening Standard, Palace are looking to sell Benteke.

Puts head in hands...

His stock has fallen after a poor season and omission from the Belgian WC team. Also, I would suspect Palace are going to try and cobble together a lucrative package to offer Chelsea for Loftus-Cheek Cheek, and selling Benteke would eat up at least half of what would be required.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

D C wrote:We've stood still or arguably gone backwards for 4 windows ....
Unarguably gone backwards imho and we haven’t had a good window for three years - I make it five poor (I’m being kind) windows on the spin.

Fully agree it’s showing. For all sorts of reasons they can’t afford another one.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

chigwells finest wrote:we need 4/5 quality players , at todays inflated prices £ 75 million :D aint going to crack that , squad is painfully thin , we all saw that , defensively we are down to proper bare bones and sick notes , midfield needs more than the defence , and as of today i dont see nobody holding up a shirt and smiling
if we can sell Byram [ £7m ] , Antonio [ £22m ] , Hugill [ £12m ] , Snodgrass [ £8-12m ] that's another £49m minimum we'd get to add to the kitty making it a £124m chest .

Sam Johnstone [ Goalkeeper ] - Free
Ryan Fredericks [ RB ] - Free
Jonny Evans [ CB ] - £3m
Rodrigo Battaglia [ DM ] - £22m
Jack Wilshere [ CM ] - Free
Ross Barkley [ AM ] - Loan with a view to buy .
Joao Mario [ CM ] - £25m
Felipe Anderson [ AM ] - £43m
Tammy Abraham [ Striker ] - Loan .

Total cost - £93m with £31m to spend on loans .

If £43m is too much for Davey - Boy to part with then replace Anderson with Nacer Chadli [ £17m ] .

Move over M Husillos there's a new kid on the block . :)
Patito

Post by Patito »

westlondonhammer wrote:
Wouldn't you say Obiang or Noble can do 1 of those provided a more energetic, defensive focused CM comes in? I'd say both have the quality to do the job... I do agree they'd sit deep, ala Yaya. The focus however would be different to the other that takes that position

Yes, definitely westlondonhammer, but I reckon we'll sign someone to sit next to Noble or Obiang not play both together.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Iron-on-transfer wrote: You missed out January 2018 vs. Palace programme.....

DS:- "The Joint-Chairman has insisted everyone is working tirelessly to add to Joao Mario's arrival as the team target a strong end to the Premier League season."

:lol:
Damn it! Well spotted! These are all from the Official Site. Same spin, different day
Ben wrote: What would be interesting is to add the players signed after these statements were made
I might give it a go later. They're basically the comments before/during the summer (plus 1 winter) transfer windows since 2012. Although they didn't work tirelessly in 2014 as far as i can tell so it might be interesting to see that window in isolation ;)

It was more just an act of frustration that they don't even bother to change the wording of the spin each window. Also if, as they themselves say, they've been effectively working nonstop to identify targets since Summer 2012 is our recruitment such a shambolic piece of :thdn:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1084 likes
Total likes: 1396 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

OMS...

If we can get 7 million for Byram I will be in utter shock :wink:

Also, Sam Johnstone isn't available on a free... however shouldn't cost too much (I've seen 5 in places). The sort of English prospect we should go for in my eyes - one who hasn't caused enough stir yet to command the usual English tax but done well enough in the Championship to be worth a punt. If he was owned by Villa and not Man U we'd be looking at a number above 10 million
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

artlin wrote:I now see that SKY are saying the Pastore deal is in jeopardy because of wage demands.

"According to Sky Sources" should read "according to KUMB members"

More lazy journalism.

Repeat rumours from a fans forum and pretend it is real.

:eh:
Sky actually reported it yesterday, whether we knew it on here before then I’m not sure, I’m not trawling back to find out. Possible lazy journalism, definitely lazy foruming :D
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1084 likes
Total likes: 1396 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Patito wrote:Yes, definitely westlondonhammer, but I reckon we'll sign someone to sit next to Noble or Obiang not play both together.
Completely agree... it's a must

They can't play together regularly
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Even with Sully at the wheel you gotta think we can tie this one up....
“I don’t want to try again,” Mario told Gazzetta dello Sport of a return to Inter.

“I hope we can find a solution as soon as possible, maybe even before the end of the World Cup."

“In football, as in life, one must be honest in understanding when things end. And with Inter it's over.”

“I’m evaluating things and the Premier League would be ideal, it’s a spectacular environment; a physical and technical competition at the same time,” he added.

“That’s the first idea, then La Liga. West Ham could be an idea, but now it's too early to make a judgement.”
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

I kinda feel like I don't want us to sell anyone yet after what happened under Slav when we sold 3-5 players to get in Carvalho and then we just ended up with an even thinner squad. Mario goes back to Inter, we lost Ginge, talk of Byram going, talk of Antonio bids, Oxford wants out, Lanzini might have a great world cup and go, Hernandez might want out, Arnie to Man United rumours. That's 8 players and for at least 4 of those it would cost a lot to replace and our board aren't known for getting big sums of money for top talent when they sell it.
BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

This is the 5th or 6th time I've seen someone value a Hugill transfer in the 8-12mill pound range. You all are ridiculous we won't get a pound over 5mill for him and that's if we're lucky, more likely to be 3m. We didn't pay whatever the papers said we did and you can guarantee Preston in their condition had to accept Sullys 500k every 6 months for 3 years offer.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:

if we can sell Byram [ £7m ] , Antonio [ £22m ] , Hugill [ £12m ] , Snodgrass [ £8-12m ] that's another £49m minimum we'd get to add to the kitty making it a £124m chest .

Sam Johnstone [ Goalkeeper ] - Free
Ryan Fredericks [ RB ] - Free
Jonny Evans [ CB ] - £3m
Rodrigo Battaglia [ DM ] - £22m
Jack Wilshere [ CM ] - Free
Ross Barkley [ AM ] - Loan with a view to buy .
Joao Mario [ CM ] - £25m
Felipe Anderson [ AM ] - £43m
Tammy Abraham [ Striker ] - Loan .

Total cost - £93m with £31m to spend on loans .

If £43m is too much for Davey - Boy to part with then replace Anderson with Nacer Chadli [ £17m ] .

Move over M Husillos there's a new kid on the block . :)
No to Johnstone. Geezer has yet to play a Premier League game and it is not like he is not prone to the odd blopper either
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

jack wilshere has removed arsenal from his twitter thing and started following West Ham, Mark Noble & Dean Ashton
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5673 likes
Total likes: 3095 likes

Post by MB »

BostonHammer wrote:This is the 5th or 6th time I've seen someone value a Hugill transfer in the 8-12mill pound range. You all are ridiculous we won't get a pound over 5mill for him and that's if we're lucky, more likely to be 3m. We didn't pay whatever the papers said we did and you can guarantee Preston in their condition had to accept Sullys 500k every 6 months for 3 years offer.
We got £6m for Fletcher. Bamford went for £10m. By not playing he has probably held his value.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:jack wilshere has removed arsenal from his twitter thing and started following West Ham, Mark Noble & Dean Ashton
Pretty sure he's always followed West Ham.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 489 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I may be alone in this, but I would be over the moon with Wilshire.
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

I’m hoping we bring two CM’s in tbh ! Nobes and Obiang can both on their day be very good players but we can’t ignore just how poor the pair of them were last season !
I’d bring two in and maybe offload Kouyate if somebody had to go and let Nobes and Obiang fight it out with the new lads for a spot ! Maybe the competition will do them good but you can’t be as inconsistent as those two have been in the premier league, you get punished big time which we were on a regular basis last season !
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

Ludeksgloves wrote:I may be alone in this, but I would be over the moon with Wilshire.
It's his injury prone-ness that's the factor i think for many, myself included. I know he's played pretty regularly for a couple of seasons but you know full that he'll arrive here and first game at the bowl trip over the green felt shattering every bone in his body. It's the West Ham way... :wink:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Ludeksgloves wrote:I may be alone in this, but I would be over the moon with Wilshire.

Now that he's a free transfer, I think he'd be well worth the risk, bring it on.
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Got to say watching young Declan excel in Midfield for Ireland in the last two internationals I’d be sorely tempted to start him there for us next season!