Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 59 days remaining

Post by Hammer83 »

I still see the same issues that have been bothering us the last 3 years.Targeting and signing the wrong type of players age ( too old ) and suitability.

When we do target the players that are perfect for us Carvalho, Lacazette, Anderson etc the same thing happens all players have been reported to have agreed personal terms with us,only for then someone haggling forever over the transfer fee until the deal collapses!

For me it gets pretty annoying seeing the same ****.I know the Anderson signing has time to be concluded,but I am going to predict he won’t sign, and if in the miracle he does it will only be because Arnie is going.Which is wrong we need him signed whilst keeping Arnie.
Patito

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 59 days remaining

Post by Patito »

bubbles1966 wrote:
That's reassuring.

What a clever bit of point scoring. You gonna respond to the rest of my post and let us all know how Antonio and Pastore are “midgets”?
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 58 days remaining

Post by S-H »

Would be happy to see us show some ambition, spend decent money and sign two young defenders in Mawson and Marlon.

Sadly, for the reasons stated above, it won't happen.
Last edited by S-H on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

£7m for a player who Swansea fans voted their player of the season sounds ok to me. We might get it back on Hughill after all.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by Tenbury »

If Adrian goes back to Spain (and who could blame him?) then as a # 2 I suggest we take a look at a 25 yr old , England C keeper for about £200K, Brandon Hall. I've watched him a lot, he's way below his ability level (@ KHFC ).

[ Mr. Sullivan, you heard it first here, I'll settle for a couple of STs ,
(Aways of course , you can stick the others where the sun don't shine )].
Last edited by Tenbury on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Westbourne Bill wrote:£7m for a player who Swansea fans voted their player of the season sounds ok to me. We might get it back on Hughill after all.
Only £5m according to Jinxed, so even better !

If Adrian has got the hump and wants to leave because we’ve bought another keeper then so be it, nobody has a god given right to be on the team sheet. If he wants to leave because he’ll be guaranteed a starting place elsewhere then good luck to him.
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

I've said it once and I will say it again, Fabianski is a better goalkeeper than Adrian and by a long way too.
The stats back it up and again by a long way too.
Some of you look for any opportunity to moan and cry and it's getting tiresome to be honest.
Yes we all know GSB are rubbish owners and I'm the first to call bull**** when I see it but I swear some of you are enjoying their ownership because it gives you something to cry about..
Get a grip and start judging once the season starts...
We have already got in a decent right back/wingback in on a free transfer and on the cusp of bringing in a really decent Keeper for peanuts.
I know it's hard to keep the faith but at least try till the transfer window is closed.! Please!
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

The meeting with Lazio,today, should give us an idea if anything has changed,imo - Are we just the "perpetual timewasters".We really cannot keep going in to discussions with no intention of offering anything near the valuation of players.
It would be great to think that a dual announcement can be made, in the next twenty four hours - Our new DOF and his first signing!
I won't be holding my breath..
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

The only people that think Adrian is better than Fabianski are West Ham fans.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Pob some of our fans think Adrian is better, or even only marginally worse, so deem the money spent to be wasted while we have other positions to fill.

I agree with you the Fabianski is a decent upgrade but I don't think anyone is moaning and crying about it.

Also. I'm not sure there's much faith in the board to be keeping.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Fabianski is definitely the better keeper but only by a little. Can you see Adrian back in the team around November after a poor run of form by our new no.1? Absolutely.

I don’t get it, either do all of this properly or bring back Randolph and we have a good piss up through the season
Doctor Mopp
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Doctor Mopp »

Fabianski is likely not a lot better than Adrian on a good day, but he is considerably more consistent and his bad days are fewer and less poor than Adrian. Reasonable age for a keeper and lets us focus cash on other areas of the team.

If we get a couple of million for Adrian it's an upgrade at very little cost.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

We also don’t know what Adrian has said to the club. He may have made it clear he wants to leave. I’d rather get a replacement in before we sell him and everyone knows we need one.
Patito

Post by Patito »

As it stands, Fabianski hasn’t replaced Adrian he’s replaced Joe Hart.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Patito wrote:As it stands, Fabianski hasn’t replaced Adrian he’s replaced Joe Hart.
In squad place only, the fact we are spending money means Fabianski goes straight in at no1.

Adrian will leave and we more than likely sign a backup on a free.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

I have read the swansea forums. They love him. I think people are being a bit stupid about this one. It seems he's a very good keeper even in a side that went down.

Who are people expecting us to buy?
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Adrian shouldn’t go until we sign a new number 2 of equal quality. He might have to see out his contract on the bench. That’s football.
Patito

Post by Patito »

somerset-hammer wrote:
Adrian will leave and we more than likely sign a backup on a free.

Probably. It would be nice to have 2 decent keepers battling it out though. One day.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

jacko wrote:I have read the swansea forums. They love him. I think people are being a bit stupid about this one. It seems he's a very good keeper even in a side that went down.

Who are people expecting us to buy?
next level players...
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

Mega Ron wrote:Pob some of our fans think Adrian is better, or even only marginally worse, so deem the money spent to be wasted while we have other positions to fill.

I agree with you the Fabianski is a decent upgrade but I don't think anyone is moaning and crying about it.

Also. I'm not sure there's much faith in the board to be keeping.
We need a back up keeper either way because Hart is gone and Adrian has (allegedly) thrown his toys out the pram because he wants to be first choice..
Not his place to do so. So for such a little fee Fabianski makes sense to me.

There is a lot of hearsay and rumours being put forward and people are jumping up and down and moaning based on absolutely nothing because they need to beat someone with their angry stick It's ridiculous!