Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

NeverSayDie

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 57 days remaining

Post by NeverSayDie »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:I'm starting to get a bad, bad feeling about Anderson. Starting to seem more likely that deal falls apart than goes through. Classic West Ham.
If the deal's not right it's not right, but I've no idea why anyone is worried. Has anyone else made a bid for this guy, No and that should maybe concern more people than the fact the fee isn't agreed yet.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Thing is, the market has changed in value the last couple years. Everyone’s price has rocketed. £35m would’ve bought you Eden Hazard or Alex Sanchez 5-6 years ago. Now, £35m works out to probably what a £15-20m player would’ve costed a few years back.

Even Arnie at £25m last year seemed maybe 10m too much, but when someone like Benteke costs £32m, then its not so bad.

Even Newcastle are trying to charge £20m for Mitrovic, a player who’s only had a real impact in the championship.

Unfortunately, we have to keep up with the market and if paying 30m+ for a very decent player means that, then so be it.

Dread to think how much Dean Ashton would’ve cost us in today’s market!!

Also, for once we’re targeting players who are in form. Anderson has just had his best season yet, while Diop is earning rave review after rave review, so naturally we’ll have to pay OTT
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

Whu_Law23 wrote:Thing is, the market has changed in value the last couple years. Everyone’s price has rocketed. £35m would’ve bought you Eden Hazard or Alex Sanchez 5-6 years ago. Now, £35m works out to probably what a £15-20m player would’ve costed a few years back.

Even Arnie at £25m last year seemed maybe 10m too much, but when someone like Benteke costs £32m, then its not so bad.

Even Newcastle are trying to charge £20m for Mitrovic, a player who’s only had a real impact in the championship.

Unfortunately, we have to keep up with the market and if paying 30m+ for a very decent player means that, then so be it.

Dread to think how much Dean Ashton would’ve cost us in today’s market!!

Also, for once we’re targeting players who are in form. Anderson has just had his best season yet, while Diop is earning rave review after rave review, so naturally we’ll have to pay OTT
Exactly look at West Brom wanting £40m for Rodriguez and Dawson. If they were that ****ing good then maybe they'd still be in the PL.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 58 days remaining

Post by Sir_Trevor »

:lol: I love the Are You Being Served analogy. I can just see DG popping up as Young Mr Grace mumbling "You've all done very well..." and Lady Brady telling everyone about her problems with her pussy.

Had to have a think about who Sully would be, but then I remembered the Arthur English caretaker character who used to turn up in his dirty mac offering hookey goods.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Multiple quotes removed.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Whu_Law23 wrote:Also, for once we’re targeting players who are in form. Anderson has just had his best season yet, while Diop is earning rave review after rave review, so naturally we’ll have to pay OTT
And there’s over 50 days yet to get these deals done
Patito

Post by Patito »

As much as I rate Anderson and I want us to sign him, he has not had his ‘best season yet’.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

NeverSayDie wrote:
If they were that ****ing good then maybe they'd still be in the PL.
:)
Patito

Post by Patito »

NeverSayDie wrote:
If they were that ****ing good then maybe they'd still be in the PL.
Yes that’s right, every player who’s ever gone down is **** :thup:
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Or had Roeder as manager.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

how long can it take to do a deal ? west ham the whole window and we tried our best working 24/7 !

Anderson should be done this week or move on ?
fabianski and mawson ?
Diop ?
where is the CDM we have been wanting for 3-4 years ?

Thats the 5 players it was said would be coming in .

more if we sell our deadwood ?
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

hammerman11 wrote:
more if we sell our deadwood ?
Speaking of selling, couple of places reporting Rangers are interested in Burke.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Patito wrote:As much as I rate Anderson and I want us to sign him, he has not had his ‘best season yet’.
You’re right there - got ahead of myself! He was better last year :lol:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I would keep burke as he did ok last season when he got a game. would sell oxford, Snodgrass, byram, hughill 30-40m if we are lucky.

Anderson sounds like the player we need to provide some creativity but will he do it in the premier league ?

cant see why we don't go for shaquiri ? inconsistent in a poor stoke team but still scored a few and assisted a few. him and arnie would be great together.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Wow, seems like Husillos has a similar bidding technique to that of Sullivans..

:wink:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Felipe Anderson is not a reserve player. Keep seeing this posted and it’s nonsense. He spent half the season injured.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

I think we'll end up selling Burke, Snodgrass, Adrian, Byram, Kouyate, Samuelsen, Cullen, and one of Hernandez/Antonio.

I'm really hoping Arnie stays... but I think the players listed above will all go.

I don't think Sully will take the loss on Hugill, so I think we'll loan him to a Championship side and eat half his wages.

It's really now or never to sell Andy, who doesn't fit Pellegrini's system at all. He's an impact substitution and Plan B, but with his injuries and his wages I think getting him off the books any way we could would be ideal. Think he's really hard to sell, though.

If that all happens, we'll need 2 keepers (Fabianski likely being the first), 2 center halves, 2 defensive mids, a center mid, 2 attacking mids, and 2 strikers. At minimum. Just to have the numbers to make it through the season.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

If reports are to be trusted, we are £4m apart, you'd have thought being that close, that a deal will be done somewhere in the middle.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Felipe Anderson is not a reserve player. Keep seeing this posted and it’s nonsense. He spent half the season injured.
Had a tiff with manager too?

Lazio rejected 50 million Euro's from Man U a couple of seasons ago didn't they? It's clear his stock has fallen since then but everything I've seen of him tells me he has all the attributes to succeed in the Premier League
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 56 days remaining

Post by ashbanki »

Most of our deals for"top players" fail because we are a " few millions apart".
It's like it's more important for Sullivan to have the last word than to complete the deal- Let's hope that crap is in the past!
CB_CB

Post by CB_CB »

NeverSayDie wrote:
Exactly look at West Brom wanting £40m for Rodriguez and Dawson. If they were that ****ing good then maybe they'd still be in the PL.
not really, 15-20m is now the going rate for a decent Championship player!