The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think most of us know West Ham well enough to know the manager and his team will not get the players he wants but rather the next or next next best alternatives. We shop at pound land and occasionally Lidl/ Aldi.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by waynepin »

competing against villa for players, we should have a massive advantage, Pelle is well known all over the football world, villas Dean Smith will find it hard especially after just coming up through the play offs, they may have lots of money but so did Fulham last season, we have location for players to live, stadium, support, squad, manager and good wages outside the top six really we should be first choice for players
BR7 Hammer

Post by BR7 Hammer »

Not knocking the player as genuinely seems useful but why would anyone pay £16 mill for a player with a contract running down in the Greek league?!
I’m guessing that would be a Greek league record?!
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

BR7 Hammer wrote:Not knocking the player as genuinely seems useful but why would anyone pay £16 mill for a player with a contract running down in the Greek league?!
I’m guessing that would be a Greek league record?!
16m quid would be a record transfer but 15m quid wouldn't be.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/super-l ... _s=&zuab=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why pay the fee? It depends if we want him this season or next, doesn't it.
And if the answer is "next" then we may be up against other clubs trying to sign him, and he may simply decide to extend his contract with his current club, as he is rumoured to want to do.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

hammer1975 wrote:Most of twitter seems convinced that Lobotka is awesome and a much better option than Hayden - but has anyone on here seen him play? Is he much better than his youtube’s look? I presume he must be - based on the teams rumoured to be interested in him. He doesn’t seem to win that many tackles and interceptions, not many goals and assists. Very good average pass completion and seems to carry the ball up the pitch a lot.

Looks a more combative version of a Lanzini of Wilshere to me based on that limited viewing.
Watching the youtube vids, he seems more robust physically and is blessed with good pace.

Defensively, he seems to use his pace and positioning to win the ball . He's got that Hazard/Modric/Kante sort of fairly squat physique with quick acceleration.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

If these two are so great for Celta Vigo, why did they struggle with relegation all season?

What am I missing?

BtB
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Benny the Ball wrote:If these two are so great for Celta Vigo, why did they struggle with relegation all season?

What am I missing?

BtB
I think they were like 5th highest scorers in La Liga, but then like 4th worst for goals conceded. Basically the spanish us haha.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Iago Aspas is the real player at Celta isn't he, they only perform when he plays.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I'd be happy with the offloading of 8 from Fernandez, Perez, Byram, Huggill, Ogbonna, Sanchez, Reid, Oxford, Hernandez, Antonio, Cresswell......

If it meant we brought in only 3 starting players for top dollar and 1 or 2 loans

It's not as though we have a European campaign to worry about next season
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Benny the Ball wrote:If these two are so great for Celta Vigo, why did they struggle with relegation all season?

What am I missing?

BtB
It is possible for struggling teams to have a couple of decent players,like we did in the 2011 relegation season we had Parker and Ba.Who actually got bought by two premier league clubs straight after and done very well for them. 8-)
Last edited by Hammer83 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Hey Paul, hope you’re good :clap:
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

Lobotka is essentially a faster, younger version of Nobes. He recycles play well, has great technique and change of direction, is intelligent, anticipates and interrupts - in part what Cantona used to refer disparagingly as the “water carrier” - but in reality an important player who controls the pace of the game and keeps his team ticking over. Not always the most sexy in the team but a vital and often underrated piece of the machinery.

If our interest in Lobotka is real, the gaffer is strengthening the spine and preparing to phase Nobes out. Our first choice would then be Rice + Lobotka / Nobes in the middle of the park. A good and sensible recruitment especially given our captain’s age. He’d certainly help us retain possession, provides energy and quickens up our transition from defence to attack.

Like it.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

fmgod wrote:Iago Aspas is the real player at Celta isn't he, they only perform when he plays.
Thats correct, He was also his best player by a mile this last season.

Believer wrote:
He is fantastic he really is :lol:

On a slightly different note, I see Man Utd and Man City are being put off by Leicester’s £90m valuation of Harry Maguire. If he is worth £90m, we can start the bidding on Diop at £150m.

£90m indeed.
Maybe he mean this:

The endorsement of Maxi Gómez with which Valencia has.

The Mestalla club has worked for a long time to convince him and it is his first choice

2019/06/08

It is the striker in which Valencia has set eyes and for which it has been launched. A for all. It's about Maxi Gómez. The club of Mestalla continues in negotiations with the Celta de Vigo to try to approach positions and finish the operation. What's more, Valencia, despite the fact that the Uruguayan soccer player of the Premier League is starting to be 'brides' especially, and Calcio, is calm in that aspect. It has a great advantage. He has convinced the charrúa striker and that gives him a lot of livestock. It is an important step in this whole equation.

Valencia has worked for a long time stealthily to reach the heart of the player and once achieved that goal that is essential in a negotiation is when they have put to work the operation with Celta de Vigo. The Valencia that has won to Maxi. The project you have presented has pleased you and that is saying a lot in these moments.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/valencia/2 ... b4677.html

And:

Acevedo (Former first coach and discoverer of him) on Maxi: "He will do better in Valencia, which is a big one, the Premier is less suited to him"

2019/06/05

Eduardo Acevedo was the Uruguayan coach who had Maxi Gómez in Defensor Sporting Club before making the jump to Europe. With this technical director he exploited his qualities and thus drew attention in Europe to take the step that served as a final push closing his agreement with Celta de Vigo in the summer of 2017.

He has no doubts about who was his pupil in the club charrúa. It will be better to play at Valencia than to try the Premier despite the interest of teams like West Ham or Tottenham recently.

"If he goes to England I see him less for the language, that personal relationship with the environment would be more difficult for his integration because of how I know him, he is an absolute brave, the mentality that he has in his head is the goal and the most goal. win, first the team ", while adding that Valencia can better exploit their conditions with respect to what he has done in Celta de Vigo.

"The bigger the team, the better it's going to be for him, he needs the goal, Valencia is a bigger club and he's going to be closer to the goal, it would be better, I always saw him for a big team but he would triumph where be".

https://www.marca.com/futbol/valencia/2 ... b458a.html
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

if gomez is the one, we need to get it done before copa america.

a flat showing at the tournament won't do anything do bring down his value, but if he lights it up then he'll suddenly be out of our price range.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1962 likes
Total likes: 1649 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

beavis

he has a 50M Euro release clause - he could score 30 goals in the tournament and his price couldn't go up.

the number of clubs chasing him however, most certainly would.
damo
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by damo »

wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:beavis

he has a 50M Euro release clause - he could score 30 goals in the tournament and his price couldn't go up.

the number of clubs chasing him however, most certainly would.
Course it can. Club offers the release clause, another club offers 100m. Where’s he going to end up?
damo
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by damo »

wildkard wrote:
Course it can. Club offers the release clause, another club offers 100m. Where’s he going to end up?
In that case, where the player chooses to go
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1077 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

wildkard wrote:Course it can. Club offers the release clause, another club offers 100m. Where’s he going to end up?
Why would a club offer more than the release clause?