The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

^ why why why ?
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Burnley Hammer wrote:
Nobody is going to buy Antonio for 40m. That's just silly.
If Zaha is worth ‘100m’ then an in form Antonio is worth ‘40m’ in my books.

I don’t care what we thinks he’s actually worth, it’s what he’s worth to someone else. I’m fed up with us perpetually underselling our players.
HoustonHammer24
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by HoustonHammer24 »

The dream would be to sign Gomez, Rondon, Sanson and Maripan to this squad while selling all of the fringe players like Hernandez, Hugill, Obiang, Oxford, Byram and Ogbonna. Any business we could do along these lines is a step in the right direction.

Apparently the problem with our bid for Rondon was that Bilic wasn’t keen on Hugill. Maybe we could return with a bid of £8-10m + Byram and Oxford, and include a sell-on clause for Oxford. Would be a win for all parties involved. PNE look to be selling Callum Robinson to a PL club (Norwich or Bournemouth most likely) for around £10-15m. I wonder if they will use that money to get Hugill back for around £4-5m?

I think we will get an answer one way or another with Gomez over the next 10 days. Hopefully positive, but if not we move on to the next target.

Sanson isn’t a priority, but I do actually believe reports that we are in talks. Marseilles are desperate to sell, and if we can somehow get the price to around £20m, we would make the money available.

Maripan I’m sure depends on Ogbonna leaving. We will hear more after Copa America on that front.
Longaz
Has liked: 1388 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Can't think of a single good reason to sell Antonio, would probably need to be replaced by a fellow English player due to the Home grown quota. Can't think of a more productive English player we'd get for the money we'd receive for Antonio. Imo attacking midfield is our strongest position at present - so no need to mess about with anything there - having said that, with Yarmolenko and Antonio battling it out for the right wing position I can't see Diangana having a future here, I'd give him a loan move to prove himself and hopefully get a couple of million next year for him. Not a Premier League footballer in my eyes.
Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Lord Zoltan »

HoustonHammer24 wrote:The dream would be to sign Gomez, Rondon, Sanson and Maripan to this squad while selling all of the fringe players like Hernandez, Hugill, Obiang, Oxford, Byram and Ogbonna. Any business we could do along these lines is a step in the right direction.

Apparently the problem with our bid for Rondon was that Bilic wasn’t keen on Hugill. Maybe we could return with a bid of £8-10m + Byram and Oxford, and include a sell-on clause for Oxford. Would be a win for all parties involved. PNE look to be selling Callum Robinson to a PL club (Norwich or Bournemouth most likely) for around £10-15m. I wonder if they will use that money to get Hugill back for around £4-5m?

I think we will get an answer one way or another with Gomez over the next 10 days. Hopefully positive, but if not we move on to the next target.

Sanson isn’t a priority, but I do actually believe reports that we are in talks. Marseilles are desperate to sell, and if we can somehow get the price to around £20m, we would make the money available.

Agree with all of this :thup:

Maripan I’m sure depends on Ogbonna leaving. We will hear more after Copa America on that front.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

Why di we buy Hugil ? I know ex said he explained it on the podcast but i dont know what one it was so not gonna trawl through them
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Popped in to have a quick gander.

No offence but seems to be a load of speculative nonsense. Posters literally guessing stuff?

Had Jinxed and the rest gone AWOL? Anything concrete or are we going to imagine a departure for Antonio all night? Pardon?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

likemydreams wrote:Why di we buy Hugil ? I know ex said he explained it on the podcast but i dont know what one it was so not gonna trawl through them
His agent is/was Moyes's brother, allegedly.
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

HoustonHammer24 wrote:The dream would be to sign Gomez, Rondon, Sanson and Maripan to this squad while selling all of the fringe players like Hernandez, Hugill, Obiang, Oxford, Byram and Ogbonna. Any business we could do along these lines is a step in the right direction.
Would this scenario make us 1 overseas player too much?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Popped in to have a quick gander.

No offence but seems to be a load of speculative nonsense. Posters literally guessing stuff?

Had Jinxed and the rest gone AWOL? Anything concrete or are we going to imagine a departure for Antonio all night? Pardon?
For once our transfer business seems to be being kept in house, minimal leakage
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1186 likes
Total likes: 928 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

S-H wrote:
His agent is/was Moyes's brother, allegedly.
Which means he put 2 and 2 together and made 5. Wouldn't be so bad but some people will now take that as gospel :o
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

Someone mentioned that the transfer market has gone mad. I think it was doomed when Birmingham sold Trevor Francis for a million to a certain Mr Clough..sorry Nottingham Forest.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

One thing is buying a player of Hugill's quality for £9m to the Premier League, another is giving him a contract until june 2022. No championship club will pay close to 9 since he's of average quality in that league, but I think it would be better to sell him on a massive loss than to keep hiim for 3 more years, the question is obviously to who
Longaz
Has liked: 1388 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

One thing I'm still to get my head round is how Moyes convinced Sully to spend 8/10 or however much million on Hugil. I Don't think Moyes was ever gonna be given the job permanently and at that time DS loved being in control of transfers. To put a positive spin on it, maybe it's this deal that convinced him that we needed a Hullios type figure to find players. In regards to Hugil, I'd take anything north of £3M for him.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'm still awaiting the much needed public inquiry into the curious case of Jordan Hugill held by Judge P. Daddy.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I am not sure that Arsenal will pay 100M for anyone let alone Zaha.

because Palace forced stupid ManU's hand over 50M for Wan-Basaka doesn't mean that someone else will fork over 100M for another one of their players.

100M got Eden Hazard. put it perspective lads.
Ozza wrote:
The issue being Zahas contract which lasts until 2023 and Hazard being in his last year.
ozza

I understand that mate, but there's a huge gulf in talent between the two players....irrespective of his contract they made have had to pay 140 I can't see anyone paying much more for Hazard.

my guess is that he was done there, if his contract had 3 more years, he would have wangled something to get out of the place.

PSG paid around 150 or so for M'Bappe. 10 times the player that Zaha is 26 and M'Bappe 19.

I don't see anyone paying 100M unless it's with an odd on of winning the CL AND PL the same season.....
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 857 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Turns to Stone wrote:I don't see any point in selling Antonio. I can't see anyone being willing to part with more than £20m for him, and he's absolutely worth that to us. He's basically our reserve everything and arguably our first-choice right-winger.
If we were offered £30m I’d ship him off pronto.

Never really convinced me that he offers much other than a few goals a season and some entertaining celebrations.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Ben wrote:any thoughts on that number 10 for Germany in the U21s?
not going to try and spell his name but the few bits saw he looked like he had quality on the ball and obviously scored a few too.
I really found good this tidy player, Nadiem Amiri (22 years old, Hoffenheim) ...

Great charater, shot and tecnical ability...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I don't know if there is any truth in it, or not, but earlier this evening, I stumbled across a report on something called hitc.com, claiming that we have beaten both Liverpool and Wolves in the race to sign Moussa Marega. Guess we'll see in the coming days/weeks if this is b*llocks or not
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Ignore everything from hitc.com. Click bait site.