The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

continental skills
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by continental skills »

YorksHammer wrote:There are only four players who have scored ten or more Premier League goals in 2019.

Sadio Mane, Sergio Aguero, Jamie Hardy, and Ayoze Perez.
Patito wrote:Pérez had never scored 10 league goals in any of his previous Premier League seasons and IMO he won’t do it again. Leicester have signed him off an end of season flurry of form.
A huge part of all those goals Perez scored last season was Rondon. They were combining superbly in the later part of the season.

I'd also agree that Leicester have recruited well - was hugely impressed by Ricardo at right back, especially against us, last season, but then again he cost them over 20 million. We are still a long way off paying that sort of money for a full back.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Aceface wrote:Hugill won’t see another minute of competitive action for us. The bloke that bought him wouldn’t even play him
I'm not sure the bloke who bought him was our manager...
and I'm even less sure he was bought to play
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

bonzosbeard wrote:I can remember getting a quite unknown striker from St Mirren for 340k. He didn't turn out too bad. Could do with him back.
I also remember signing a striker from Walsall who had been training with Bayern for 450k and was so excited, but nowadays I find myself thinking meh got pretty much any signing we are linked with, not sure I prefer the passionate young man I was or the couldn't give a f*** man I am now.

That said I wouldn't be too upset at Balotelli or Sturridge!
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Orbital I forgot about David Kelly. I was as excited as you. What a load of old rubbish he was.
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

Just wish we'd move on from Gomez. Even if he does sign you have to question whether he wants to be here... on to Plan B - whoever that may be!!
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Noble Man wrote:Just wish we'd move on from Gomez. Even if he does sign you have to question whether he wants to be here... on to Plan B - whoever that may be!!
We did say the same about Anderson and I fear we would still be looking for his plan B. Having spent 6 plus years struggling to find an effective striker not convinced we will find one in a month. But we can live in hope. What's happening with Batman I wonder ...
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I wonder what pop Robson would be worth today.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

bonzosbeard wrote:Orbital I forgot about David Kelly. I was as excited as you. What a load of old rubbish he was.
And as for that bloke we signed from Southall, I mean who ever heard of anyone stepping up from non-league to the top division? Ridiculous!
ILoveWHU
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by ILoveWHU »

Noble Man wrote:Just wish we'd move on from Gomez. Even if he does sign you have to question whether he wants to be here... on to Plan B - whoever that may be!!
If I remember rightly Repka didn't want to join us but eventually came very begrudgingly - and promptly got sent off on his debut and again in his 3rd appearance (some would say so he didn't have to play for us). But looked what happened? He became a fan favourite.

Even more so these days it's not so much what a player wants that decides where they get transferred to.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Patito wrote:
Belotti
Rondon
Marega
Mateta
Wehgorst

All been mentioned
Curiously, another Plan B list that has omitted Callum Wilson. Has something happened to suggest we are 100% not interested in WIlson? Or do people not want him so much that they're pretending he doesn't exist?

I personally think he'd still be a great option.
dixie1978
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by dixie1978 »

Latest rejection by Celta Vigo as we offer to pay to 50 million Euro over 7 years!!
Celta say NO!

Apparently :lol:
wasserburg_hammer
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by wasserburg_hammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote:we're effectively adding lanzini, yarmolenko and wilshere to the squad before we even spent a penny.
that's a good one :D
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

bonzosbeard wrote:I wonder what pop Robson would be worth today.
I loved Pop Robson , he was playing when I used to go regularly [ second spell with us ] , do you know what , I'm not sure his style of play would suit the Premiership stuff of today , him and David Cross were a lethal pairing but 2 up front is almost non existent these days - Cross would still suit today's football , just not sure about Pop Robson - leading goalscorer in '72 [ was it ? ] , what's Harry Kane or Aguero worth ?
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I will be honest about Pop. My memory of him was tarnished as he cheated once. Made Maradonas hand of God look accidental. I cringed when he wheeled away in celebration.
Patito

Post by Patito »

steveyrockstar wrote:
Curiously, another Plan B list that has omitted Callum Wilson. Has something happened to suggest we are 100% not interested in WIlson? Or do people not want him so much that they're pretending he doesn't exist?

I personally think he'd still be a great option.
Just wrote a few names off my head and will have forgotten a few, Wilson being one of them. :thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Proper soap opera.

Media out of Valencia reckon Gomez will change agents purely to not join West Ham. :lol:
Now that really would be the west ham way! :crest: :lol:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

If Hugill gets near our starting 11 next season the scrotes better be prepared for some coinage
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 829 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

I just get the feeling that Gomez will be this years Bacca, Lacazette, Neymar etc
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

dixie1978 wrote:Latest rejection by Celta Vigo as we offer to pay to 50 million Euro over 7 years!!
Celta say NO!

Apparently :lol:
How could they possibly refuse €7m a year.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Up the Junction wrote:Few things on this earth would give me greater pleasure than to see the Hugill score 20 goals this season.

I doubt he'll get 20 minutes, but one can always dream.
So that's how far the Summer 2019 transfer thread has suddenly descended, by returning to an expensive 2017/18 Winter flop to become our salvation? :lol:

I love my Club.

For what it's worth, I'd also ****ing love it if he somehow managed that extremely unlikely outcome. One for the footballing purists who loves an honest player producing it against all the odds.