The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

brothernero
Has liked: 743 likes
Total likes: 755 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by brothernero »

Puff Daddy wrote:It's simple. We were chasing a player who was beyond our means and one who had a clause in his contract whereby we had no proper understanding of how it worked and we tried ducking and diving and dodging and weaving, but Celta were not having any of it. If you want our player, these are the rules and terms of his sale

West Ham were never interested in signing him, not for one second. Act like you will spend big on a very good player, knowing all along you have no chance of getting him. But sit back and watch the fans lap it up thinking it's all real. (Me Cynical, never)

Tried and tested method in which the Dave's have always worked.

PS Are people really serious about wanting perma crock Welbeck or less than bang average Rondon? :shock:
Last edited by brothernero on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Under previous managers I’d have been very nervous after missing out on Gomez. But with Pellegrini & Husillos I’m sure they will have other suitable alternatives in the pipeline. We just need to make sure that we go for someone realistic next (I.e. someone who doesn’t want European football)
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

To add, I would be straight in for Rondon now as a direct replacement for Carroll. We need numbers through the door, get Rondon done and worry about who else to sign afterwards.
Colemanballs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Colemanballs »

I’m sure I have read that Gomez’s last club had a 20% sell on clause, so for Celta 14.5m plus two players going the other way limits significantly how much they will need to pass back on to his former club, especially if they have deliberately undervalued the value of those coming in.
This coupled with his preference to stay in Spain and play CL football and sees this move as a stepping stone to one of the Spanish big boys the chances of coming to us were always slim.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Burnley Hammer wrote:In hindsight, we should have known that it definitely wasn't happening the moment Kaveh Solhekol said that it was.
Im all fairness it was long way before, imho... as I, for example, cannot understand why Pelle and Husillos have not talked or phoned the player a year ago or in the winter to ask him, if he really was interessted in joining West Ham or not... ???

Then, I understand the player wanted to go elsewhere and had no intention to move to other country, but... we could have been knowing this already before, or not? (Maybe was the player+his agent playing games with us?? 8-) .. Maybe were we too trustfull on him or wanted the player at any cost?? :? Many questions are open now... )

I read in the spanish media, that Marcelino talked with the player personally... and Pelle??

But, ok, Im only speculating... and of, course, it could be all only in my head and was already done...
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

I’ll say it again: get Rondon in now (as our No.2) to take the pressure off the search for our marquee signing. Puts us back in control, rather than everyone knowing how desperate we are.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

brothernero wrote:
West Ham were never interested in signing him, not for one second. Act like you will spend big on a very good player, knowing all along you have no chance of getting him. But sit back and watch the fans lap it up thinking it's all real. (Me Cynical, never)

I think you are wrong this time.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Knighter10WHU wrote:To add, I would be straight in for Rondon now as a direct replacement for Carroll. We need numbers through the door, get Rondon done and worry about who else to sign afterwards.
Beat me to it!
WeallwantMoore

Post by WeallwantMoore »

Lets just go for Balotelli, Welbeck and Sturridge - job done
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

brothernero wrote:

PS Are people really serious about wanting perma crock Welbeck or less than bang average Rondon? :shock:
Meanwhile, our Director of Football has been sat at home, binge watching Stranger Things and drinking endless cups of tea whist waiting for someone to give him some work to do.

You did remember we have a Director of Football?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

danny Welbeck ???? are people seriously suggesting this . to waste even a £ 100 per week on a player with a worse injury record than Wilshere and carroll.

id rather start with Antonio and hernandez than him
jastons
Has liked: 896 likes
Total likes: 852 likes

Post by jastons »

Has someone seriously suggested Morelos being available for £10 - 20 million? £10m at the absolute most and he's a red card waiting to happen. Hasn't scored against Celtic but looks great against Kilmarnock. No thanks.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 760 likes
Total likes: 3495 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hammer1972 wrote:I think you are wrong this time.
If not, it was a pretty elaborate hoax.
dubaihammer

Post by dubaihammer »

the aim seemed to be to offer Gomez such good deal he would tell he only wanted to come to us. we could then negotiate on the payment terms. as it turned out he wasn't so decisive and therefore our bluff got called as celta just weren't interested.
Last edited by dubaihammer on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

it was all about getting valencia to match our agent fee. 100%. soon as valencia gave them an ultimatum they crumbled.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

DasNutNock wrote:No more sodding crocks. Bored of this now.
What is boring is that people think West Ham are gonna sign these top players.
Until we get a billionaire as our owner to bankroll these kind of transfers, then cast offs from big clubs - players with floors/bad injury records/bad attitudes/older players is what we will end up with (Arnie/Wilshere/Payet etc)
We may unearth a diamond every now and again, Diop/Rice but they won’t be with us long term.
This is West Ham and what we are - unfortunately.
dubaihammer

Post by dubaihammer »

Until we get a billionaire as our owner to bankroll these kind of transfers, then cast offs from big clubs - players with floors/bad injury records/bad attitudes/older players is what we will end up with (Arnie/Wilshere/Payet etc)
We may unearth a diamond every now and again, Diop/Rice but they won’t be with us long term.
This is West Ham and what we are - unfortunately.[/quote]

fornals?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Colemanballs wrote:I’m sure I have read that Gomez’s last club had a 20% sell on clause, so for Celta 14.5m plus two players going the other way limits significantly how much they will need to pass back on to his former club, especially if they have deliberately undervalued the value of those coming in.
This coupled with his preference to stay in Spain and play CL football and sees this move as a stepping stone to one of the Spanish big boys the chances of coming to us were always slim.
I don't buy any of this, he preferred to remain in Spain b*llocks. Money talks and he would've come had we not dicked about as per usual and tried to negotiate a pay deal that did not suit his club, simply because we did not have the funds to buy him outright . Those were the terms and we could not meet them. Watch Everton come in for him now
Sherbet Dab
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by Sherbet Dab »

'GOMEZ DEAL FALLS THROUGH'
:shock:
Oh well - knew it was a bad omen to finally watch a Gomez vid on YT this morn.
So now its time for Husillos to dip into his coat pocket and thumb threw that long fag packet list I have every faith he and Pellers drew up some time ago.
8-)
MKD

Post by MKD »

Colemanballs wrote:I’m sure I have read that Gomez’s last club had a 20% sell on clause, so for Celta 14.5m plus two players going the other way limits significantly how much they will need to pass back on to his former club, especially if they have deliberately undervalued the value of those coming in.
Exactly this - Celta didn't want to do business with us, it made it very difficult for whoever was doing the deal to make it happen without putting the money on the table in one lump sum. I can't see any reason for taking such a massive risk with no performance related structure.

Weren't we at the centre of a similar valuation scandal when we got Matt Etherington in exchange for Kanoute, I think Peterborough were fuming - having said that, there is very little more funny than seeing Barry Fry ranting about something