The summer transfer window 2019 thread

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Pob!

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Pob! » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 am

Bradley Dack Please.... :scarfer:

e-20

Post by e-20 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:34 am

Not confident at all we have any chance of getting Wilson if that's our next plan. The player would seiously need to kick up a stink and there is no indication he would do that certainly for a club of our status, his leaving could cripple them with little chance to get a replacement so they will offer big wages to keep him. Not going to speculate further on where we go from here as against real expectation I hope something can be pulled out of the bag, not sure what though, judging by the suggestions here crossed with the likelihood of success in respect of the better/suitable ones.

On a more general level. We really do need to break this endless inability to find strikers, that table a few pages back was truly shocking and I don't think that it, over a period (rather than any singular season) has been down to bad luck. Certainly one of the major problems has been setting sights on high level players who are almost impossible to complete considering our status as it turns out, over finding hidden gems who develop into the Wilsons of this World. But then we have speculated on a few youngsters who so far haven't come off. Maybe this is revealing however, a greater focus on those somewhere in between these two extremes has been neglected, other teams seem to have had more success in that regard while our owners have had eyes far bigger than their pockets in recent years leaving us in our present position and any middling players have been old, past it or failed throw offs from others. Pellers nearly made it work but it just shows how difficult it is even at the height of our ability to attract such higher profile players.

Would be interested in others thoughts on perceived tactical errors in our long term striker search failings and where we take the process from here as a bigger picture to get us to that level where we can attract the strikers we lust over.
Last edited by e-20 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:34 am

Andrea Petagna , plays in Serie A , scored 16 goals last season for SPAL - 24 years of age so potential still - looks a bit like Diego Costa and built like a tank - possibilities ?

p.s. Leicester City interested .

amsterdhammer

Post by amsterdhammer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:40 am

Alexander the Greatest wrote:I'd still like us to target Kasper Dolberg. He didn't have the best of seasons last year (which means he might be available), but he's clearly a very very talented striker.
This would be a major risk! He's not the player he was before his injury, and when he does get a start he's usually taken off for a 35yo Huntelaar after an hour. I can't quite work out whether it's a mental thing because he's scared of getting crocked again, or a physical thing because he's just lost that little bit of pace - whatever it is, he'd need to put it behind him before we took the risk

The Green Man

Post by The Green Man » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 am

EastVillageHammer wrote:We’ve got Hugill, Jordan Hugill, I just don’t think you understand...

Seriously though, we won’t start the season with Chica, Antonio, Hugill and Xande.

I STILL think we’re getting Gomez.
He's gone mate, like a fit bird you know you had a chance with if you'd got in early but left it too late and now she's with a new Spanish lad.

artlin

Post by artlin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:46 am

jhammers wrote:Andre Silva - 25m
Balotelli/Welbeck/Sturridge - free
Issac Hayden - 15m

Done. :crest:
Silva does look like a good fit for us. Hayden?? More like 8m. The others ........ NO THANKS.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:47 am

Maxi Gomez is wanted to sign his contract with Valencia

The last of the soap opera: the player is on vacation ... lost in the mountains of Uruguay!

The Valencia CF has won the battle at West Ham . In the absence of the signature of the player, Mateu Alemany managed to unlock the signing of Maxi Gómez , decanting the balance in favor of the Mestalla squad. After a week of tug-of-war in the negotiation, and when it seemed that the Uruguayan would end up being a hammer, the black-and-white technical management managed to get Celta de Vigo's killer agents to give up before the Valencian proposal over the succulent contract offered by the West Ham . However, at the close of this edition the signing was not closed, or rather, it is not signed. The problem was that when all the parties reached an agreement, nobody foundMaxi . The charrúa was isolated in the mountains of his country and it was impossible to locate him so that he would light his signature as a new bat. This fact has caused that the signing can not be closed as an official definitively.

Yesterday morning in Uruguay Maxi went with his friends to spend the day in the country. A regular holiday in any 22 year old. An adventure with its closest that led to an odyssey for Valencia. Although Uruguay is not a relatively high country, its highest peak is Cerro Catedralwith 514 meters, plains spread throughout its territory that can leave anyone incommunicado. This is what caused the black and white leaders not to sleep peacefully. However, this situation is not alarming since the Uruguayan striker is accustomed to sharing in his social networks the leisure time he spends with his family, whether on a barbecue or fishing. More if possible, now that Maxi is taking advantage of his vacation after playing the Copa America where he did not play a single minute. A modest profile of a footballer from Nuevo Paysandú , a city bordering Argentina located in the interior of the country.

Against this background, the technical management of Valencia CF is with the fly behind the ear. The agreement with the agents is finalized. The deal with Celta has not changed a bit, is the same that was agreed on Thursday last week, before it appeared on the scene suddenly the West Ham. Valencia CF pays 14.5 million fixed euros to Celta plus 1.5 in variables, and Santi Mina transferred and Jorge Saénz on loan for two seasons. For this the factor Mina prevailed the treatment that Valencia had achieved with those of Balaídos . Alemany's position forced West Hamto disburse at once the 50 'kilos' of the clause of the Uruguayan, something that the Irons wanted to solve in installments. Given the refusal of Celta to negotiate, the English had no choice but to wait for the decision of Maxi. Why did Celta refuse to negotiate with West Ham and demand payment of the cash clause? Because he wants to sign Santi Mina and if he facilitates the sale of Maxi to West Ham, Valencia CF would ask for the payment of the Galician forward clause. This is the great asset that Mateu Alemany has played . However, the West Ham still remains in the fight to acquire the player, as long as he does not have to make the payment to tile.

But Maxi's signature is missing. Until you can get stamp the Uruguayan in the contract written by the Valencian, in Mestalla there is a rumble in case there is another stake from British lands. It would not be the first, hence the unrest. The West Ham has been trying to incorporate the Uruguayan point for a while and almost did it. The millions from the Premier League blocked a signing that was already closed and now Valencia does not trust that the Londoners have said their last word. For this reason the signature of the player is so necessary. It would be the final slam of a negotiation where the term patience was used the most.

The arrival of the agents of Maxi Gómez, Joshua Barnett and Luis Alonso , yesterday morning in Valencia to the offices of the black and white painting made it presage that Mateu Alemany and his team had not played their last card, Longoria and the general manager managed to unlock the agreement with Stellar Group representation agency . Now, all that's left is for Maxi to come down from the mountains ...
https://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/20 ... 18975.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marky

Post by Marky » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:50 am

We look amateur over the Maxi Gómez episode. All eggs in that basket when most on here could see it was unlikely. Biggest negative of the Husillos era (and I have been impressed with him)

e-20

Post by e-20 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:52 am

jhammers wrote:
He plays on the wing we have Anderson/Fornals/Yarmolenko/Antonio/Diangana/Holland

It's the last position we need
I think he is tempting some by the thought that he could undertake an Henry type of transformation (or even an Arnie one) considering his quite impressive goal scoring record. I was attracted to that notion indeed for a moment until I noticed that stats show he scored in only one game (if I remember correctly) while being played up front rather than when he played out wide or a freer role. And you are so right that is probably our strongest area presently. Might be more tempted if we had a Rondon type player as a plan B, safety measure.

Rasp

Post by Rasp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 am

Go get him Dave in your chopper.

il_martello_di_genovesi

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:59 am

Marky wrote:We look amateur over the Maxi Gómez episode. All eggs in that basket when most on here could see it was unlikely. Biggest negative of the Husillos era (and I have been impressed with him)
First of all, how do you know it was all eggs in that basket? There may well be a shortlist of strikers that Pellegrini wants and that was just the first one. Why do we look amateur? We went for Pellegrini’s number one target in what was always going to be a complicated deal. I really don’t see what much else we could’ve done here by the looks of it than pay €50m upfront...which was always going to be unlikely.

markca84

Post by markca84 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:05 am

For what its worth, from they way West Ham now approach transfers, I can see Rondon still potentially coming and then a loan signing for the striking options. Chica staying until Jan, and then we revisit the big money striker option (only if we look like finishing top 7). I feel like M&M have a particular type of player they want to fit in with the style of play, rather than any big name striker. As for loan signing strikers Origi, Michi, Tammy? Hopefully will be wrong on this one.

Whats Tevez upto...?

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:05 am

I never fail to be impressed of the certainty posters have as to how much money we have bid, in how many instalments, which players we are looking at, the mindset of the players involved etc. All seemingly without any involvement in the process whatsoever.

We. Know. Nothing!

funky chicken

Post by funky chicken » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:09 am

Marky wrote:We look amateur over the Maxi Gómez episode. All eggs in that basket when most on here could see it was unlikely. Biggest negative of the Husillos era (and I have been impressed with him)
Husillos wasn't the reason Sully refused to pay more money upfront. Sully is the man that has some explaining to do.

Starting with where has the TV money gone, as £40m should be nothing for a top 10 team, with a 60,000 capacity stadium.

dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Post by dodger » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:12 am

Hammer1972 wrote:I never fail to be impressed of the certainty posters have as to how much money we have bid, in how many instalments, which players we are looking at, the mindset of the players involved etc. All seemingly without any involvement in the process whatsoever.

We. Know. Nothing!
So we might as well not comment? For all we know, the board conducted exemplary negotiations on behalf of the manager and didn’t put a foot wrong.

Except, all we have to go on are the reports we receive on the situation. It’s up to us to look at them all and decipher roughly what the truth is.

If you don’t like people commenting on the situation why are you posting in the transfer thread? This thread is never going to be a place where people say ‘we shouldn’t take educated guesses as to what’s going on as we ourselves are not present at these meetings’.
Last edited by dodger on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Post by dodger » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:14 am

funky chicken wrote:
Husillos wasn't the reason Sully refused to pay more money upfront. Sully is the man that has some explaining to do.

Starting with where has the TV money gone, as £40m should be nothing for a top 10 team, with a 60,000 capacity stadium.
This, except the ‘nothing’ line. It’s still a significant amount, but with Arnie out the door and the money paid up front from China it should not have been beyond the board to meet Celta’s demands given this was Pellegrini’s number one target.

For me this is on the board for failing to do everything in their power to land the main man Pellegrini wanted.

WebmasterFF

Post by WebmasterFF » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am

Just had a notification that Chicharito is taking the no.9 shirt and Yarmalenko the no.7 shirt for the new season.

Make what you will of Chicharito being our number 9, could it mean he's been promised more of a starting position in the team as opposed to a sub?

Dalton

Post by Dalton » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:16 am

Hernandez the new Number 9 :) Hopefully a good sign that he is staying on for this season.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am

jhammers wrote:
He plays on the wing we have Anderson/Fornals/Yarmolenko/Antonio/Diangana/Holland

It's the last position we need

Depends if you want West Ham to improve or not - Thauvin's better than the last 4 on your list .

Fornals although versatile plays mostly through the middle , more direct .

Anderson was played for most games and was burning himself out towards the end - Thauvin would take the pressure off him greatly and add more of a dimension to the team .

I'd buy him .

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:21 am

Dalton wrote:Hernandez the new Number 9 :) Hopefully a good sign that he is staying on for this season.
Good news for those that like him I suppose.