The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by S-H »

Patito wrote:Kumb's Don of GIFs is back
Patito

Post by Patito »

Nailed it
Last edited by Patito on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Anyway, the transfer thread... :thup:
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

No probs, JH! Currently sat on a beach in Greece so my posts might not be as clear as I’d liked!
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

The issue with leaks is at the moment the leaks dont appear to be from us. It seems to be the selling clubs which is why the majority of stories originate in the foreign newspapers. We cant stop that.

As for Higuian he is a great goalscorer but he doesnt seem like the mould of striker we are after.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

He cracks @gomez_maxi9 that he never contemplated West Ham and always passed on to his agents that he was coming to the VCF and having it fixed. #uruguayo

Google translation of something Maxi said to a reporter (i assume?) So we really did completely waste the last god knows how long chasing a player that never had any intention of joining us.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 223 likes

Post by k-r-c »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Google translation of something Maxi said to a reporter (i assume?) So we really did completely waste the last god knows how long chasing a player that never had any intention of joining us.
Or hes toeing the line to appease Valencia fans.
S-H

Post by S-H »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:He cracks @gomez_maxi9 that he never contemplated West Ham and always passed on to his agents that he was coming to the VCF and having it fixed. #uruguayo

Google translation of something Maxi said to a reporter (i assume?) So we really did completely waste the last god knows how long chasing a player that never had any intention of joining us.

It'll only be a waste if we don't bring in a top striker.

Patience.
Patito

Post by Patito »

S-H wrote: Patience.
Can he play as a lone striker?
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

k-r-c wrote: Or hes toeing the line to appease Valencia fans.
The fact that throughout this whole thing it was said that he wanted CL football and wanted to stay in Spain leads me to believe this is probably true.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a definitive pattern with these transfers.

Everything DS is involved in via his pool of agents is leaked regularly via the media - i.e Haller (agent Willie McKay) - Gomez (agent Barbour) - Yarmolenko last year (agent Salthouse) - Diop (may have been McKay too)

But any signing Husillos is hands on with is kept relatively quiet right until the deal is nearly done - Balbuena and Fornals.

Quite interesting that isn't it.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Over six months and the answer to no was throw more money at it?? The only ones having their heads turned were his agents = Exactly the same M O as Lacca and Bacca.Celta did not want the cash,as 25% would have gone to his previous club and Gomez did not want to leave Spain.Higuain has been a pale shadow of himself since going out on loan from Juve - unfit,unmotivated and slow.I don't think that the old optimism of "insert incumbent West Ham manager's name here" can get the best out of ?????" will work in this case let alone the fact that we will be looking at north of £350k a week on a strike force that won't naturally play together very often,imo.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

NeverSayDie wrote:Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a definitive pattern with these transfers.

Everything DS is involved in via his pool of agents is leaked regularly via the media - i.e Haller (agent Willie McKay) - Gomez (agent Barbour) - Yarmolenko last year (agent Salthouse) - Diop (may have been McKay too)

But any signing Husillos is hands on with is kept relatively quiet right until the deal is nearly done - Balbuena and Fornals.

Quite interesting that isn't it.
Spot on. I suspect that Sulli is back in the game, working down Pelle's list and adding a few of his own = Plan B
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

Higuan is 5/4 favourite to be at West Ham next season.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Who was responsible for bringing Anderson to the club last year? That was all pretty public.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Colours never run wrote:It is understood West Ham's offer would include an option to buy, but Juventus would prefer to sell outright and value the Argentine at around £36m.
Burnley Hammer wrote:Absolutely no way will we pay 36 million for a 31 year old striker. If we get him (which I doubt) then we'll only be interested in him as a short term measure. We'll have no interest in signing him up permanently after the seasons finished.
No, but they say they want 36m then accept a bid of 18m.
Whereas if they said they wanted 18m in the first place...

Also, the option to buy but us not wanting him for more than a season would see an obligation to buy clause inserted - if he plays more than 20 games we have to buy him at 18m, and if he scores more than 10 goals that's an extra 10m, for example. Or the option to buy is in the January window. There would of course be a large loan fee that would be offset against any future transfer fee. Plus we'd take on his huge wages, and maybe even have to pay him extra to bother to come here.
Patito

Post by Patito »

S-H wrote:Who was responsible for bringing Anderson to the club last year? That was all pretty public.
Sullivan for now. Unless he has a poor season then he'll claim his kids begged him not to sign him.
Patito

Post by Patito »

So there might actually be something behind this Higuain deal, potentially?
jonbentleywhu

Post by jonbentleywhu »

Some journo called Ronan Murphy (no idea who he is) claiming we bid 40m for Haller but he has rejected the move.
Now im reading we've bid 40m for Higuaín? Surely not at his age? hope this isn't true.

Talk about Scatter gun approach
Last edited by jonbentleywhu on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.