The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Colours never run »

Julien Snow Bear wrote: Why do you think that, out of curiosity?

In his last 10 seasons he's played (earliest to latest) 40, 25, 54, 44, 46, 58, 42, 55, 50, 40 games (plus internationals).

Obviously he could be about to drop off a cliff, but it doesn't look like it just yet...
He also officially retired himself from International duty back in March this year.

He's as 'week in, week out reliable' as you can get.
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

From Hugill to Huguain. Hefty leap there.

Forget that, you should Haller be focused on Frankfurt.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

The Green Man wrote:

I asked about him on here and he's already on a 2 year loan (in his final year this season) so we can't buy him even if we wanted to.
Is it impossible to buy him out of is loan from his parent club ?
rudekid
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by rudekid »

I would take Higuain on loan but from the dailystar story today we have 'proposed an incentivised loan with an option to buy which becomes an obligation if certain conditions are met....'

knowing the dildo brothers and agents, I'm confident we will end up getting screwed and forced into buying a 32 yo for a massively inflated fee next year!

Haller looks mustard from that video. great awareness and touch and would link up well with Felipe / Lanzini / Yarmolenko...

We should go all out for Haller. Failing that a (safe) loan option to cover us til next summer.....

I'd be happy with Antonio up there. I think striker is his best position imo. He is at his best when he doesn't have to think too hard... On the wing when he has options and time he always bottles it. Stick him in front of goal and tell him his job is to bang it in the net and let him go.....
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote: Is it impossible to buy him out of is loan from his parent club ?
Hmmm

Champions League nights at the San Siro or lunchtime kick offs at an athletics track....
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Patito wrote:

Champions League nights at the San Siro or lunchtime kick offs at an athletics track....
Are Atalanta in this season's Champions League ? and I didn't know they play at the San Siro, besides, the report does say, he should be avaiable at the right price
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

He looked to be blowing out of his arse against us and came off around the hour mark and a Chelsea supporting mate reckoned he struggled in the second half of most games he watched - It's fine if you have a "Giroud" to come on!
If we are looking at the Bundesliga - Joelinton is exactly what we are looking for,imo - young, fast, strong and very hard to knock off the ball.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

500 up!!!

Announce... *looks down list*

*... Gomez, no*

*...Haller, no*

*...Higuain, no*

Announce Sir Carlton!!

:scarfer:
MKD

Post by MKD »

Patito wrote:
Hmmm

Playing in a stadium not owned by the club or.... oh sh*t!
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Are Atalanta in this season's Champions League ? and I didn't know they play at the San Siro, besides, the report does say, he should be avaiable at the right price
Yes, Puff. They finished 3rd in Serie A. They'll play their Champions League games at the San Siro this season as they are doing work to their stadium.
Patito

Post by Patito »

MKD wrote:
Playing in a stadium not owned by the club or.... oh sh*t!
:D
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

rudekid wrote:I'd be happy with Antonio up there. I think striker is his best position imo.
Always fascinated as to what people's evidence is for this. According to Transfermarkt he's played a total of 26 games up top in his entire career and scored all of 5 goals there (2 of which were in the Championship and 1 in the League Cup)??

He's got some great attributes which seem to fit for a CF, sure, and he goes on some great goalscoring runs at times, but it's a completely different ask to make someone play predominantly with their back to goal, playing up on their own marked by two CBs most of the time these days, and having to bring others into play through close control and smart distribution.

Compared to playing wide, he'd have much less opportunity to run at or behind defenders, and he'd lose the option to arrive late in the box and to bully FBs, which are two of the things that make him so potent.

Doesn't make any sense to me and it'll be a sign of very bad transfer window if we end up relying on it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Patito wrote:

Yes, Puff. They finished 3rd in Serie A. They'll play their Champions League games at the San Siro this season as they are doing work to their stadium.
Fair enough. Guess it was only fantasy we'd ever get him, but I was beginning to get a bit excited for half an hour. I should know better by now, it is always the hope that kills you
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fair enough. Guess it was only fantasy we'd ever get him, but I was beginning to get a bit excited for half an hour. I should know better by now, it is always the hope that kills you

If only he'd got that work permit....
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Zapata/Haller
Kean/Chalov
Delph
Maripan

Would cost us around £80m. With Ogbonna, Byram, Cullen, Obiang, Hughill leaving, we should be able to recoup around £25 mil. With our negative net spend so far, it’d end up around £45 m on transfer fees alone. This would keep our squad at 25 players with 8 homegrown, and it would give us great competition all around!
Last edited by Voronin on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Double post
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Corney Beal wrote:From Hugill to Huguain. Hefty leap there.

Forget that, you should Haller be focused on Frankfurt.
We should sign all three.

HHH up front.

YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Voronin wrote:Zapata/Haller
Kean/Chalov
Delph
Maripan

Would cost us around £80m. With Ogbonna, Byram, Cullen, Obiang, Hughill leaving, we should be able to recoup around £25 mil. With our negative net spend so far, it’d end up around £45 m on transfer fees alone. This would keep our squad at 25 players with 8 homegrown, and it would give us great competition all around!
How much are you pricing Delph at, Voronin? Only say, because I'd rather have Hayden than him for the rumoured £15m.
rudekid
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by rudekid »

rudekid wrote:I'd be happy with Antonio up there. I think striker is his best position imo.
In terms of what we have right now, Antonio is at least 4th choice winger for me but he's first choice striker from what we have currently... I'd have him ahead of Hernandez in the striker role any day....

With the attacking midfield options we have we need a striker to run and stretch the defence to make space for our midfield to exploit. Antonio is perfect for that. We know his first touch is like a trampoline and he can do more damage without the ball than with it....

Get him running the channels and opening up space for Fornals / Anderson / Yarmolenko / Lanzini / Wilshere who are players that can finish!
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

We have a lot of goal scoring midfielders surely we need a striker who can bring the best out of them aswell. Thats why I think Higuain is a red herring