The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Haller + Rondon would do us nicely .
Ribbot
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ribbot »

The Gomez deal fell through because we could not afford to pay the release clause up front in one hit and instead offered instalments. In other words we couldn't afford a 45 mil player this window.

If Frankfurt agree to instalments then great but if they dont, what pot exactly do we have to spend on a signing? Fornalls has taken most of Arnies money.

We may be doing the usual thing and taking big wage freebies with dodgy injury lists if our bank account is zero.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Arnautovic was sold and we insisted the money was in a lump sum.

Fornals was signed in the normal buy now pay later. Our first payment was £8m.

We have money.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Ribbot wrote:The Gomez deal fell through because we could not afford to pay the release clause up front in one hit and instead offered instalments. In other words we couldn't afford a 45 mil player this window.

If Frankfurt agree to instalments then great but if they dont, what pot exactly do we have to spend on a signing? Fornalls has taken most of Arnies money.

We may be doing the usual thing and taking big wage freebies with dodgy injury lists if our bank account is zero.
The Gomez deal with it's 'pay it all up front' release clause was the exception, not the rule. I'm sure Frankfurt would be open to instalments, as virtually every club are (as far as I'm aware), but will of course try to squeeze the max from it. So I do believe we can afford a 45 mil player this window. Whether that player chooses to come to us or not is a different question.
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

Once we get Haller/top striker in, that will be our first 11 nailed down. Now it will just be a case of cleaning the bench and adding in a bit of tenacity which we tend to lack against some teams.
Graza

Post by Graza »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Haller + Rondon would do us nicely .
The thing with Rondon is that it seems to have all cooled. Given that people are typically talking about us activating his release clause why haven't we just done it already so that we've got a player on deck? Or are we concerned that we may have to break the bank for whoever the first choice is going to be?
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Apparently Frankfurt want about half the fee upfront and all the rest only six months later. :o
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

HamburgHammer wrote:Apparently Frankfurt want about half the fee upfront and all the rest only six months later. :o
Sully: Hi, we’re interested in Haller please
Frankfurt: Ok, it’s £35m
Sully: Great, that sounds fair
Frankfurt: We’d like half now and half in six months
Sully: Ok, half now, half in six years, deal
Frankfurt: No David, six months
Sully: You what, six years ? Ok
Frankfurt: Six months Mr Sullivan
Sully: Lalalalalalala can’t hear you........
Frankfurt: Goodbye Mr Sullivan
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

HamburgHammer wrote:Apparently Frankfurt want about half the fee upfront and all the rest only six months later. :o
I just read that n all, think it came from Sean Whetstone
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

saw somehwere that preston might want Hughill back
mike1961
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by mike1961 »

Looking at his highlights clip Haller is Hernandez mark 2 (but possibly better) i.e. a tap-in merchant. Would you play the 2 of them together? (They would spend all their time bumping into each other on the edge of the 6 yard box).
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

mike1961 wrote:Looking at his highlights clip Haller is Hernandez mark 2 (but possibly better) i.e. a tap-in merchant. Would you play the 2 of them together? (They would spend all their time bumping into each other on the edge of the 6 yard box).
tap-in merchant with quite a few assists to his name as well then
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

mike1961 wrote:Looking at his highlights clip Haller is Hernandez mark 2 (but possibly better) i.e. a tap-in merchant. Would you play the 2 of them together? (They would spend all their time bumping into each other on the edge of the 6 yard box).
I didn't get that impression at all. He regularly brought his other 2 strike partners into play acting as a target man and made and finished his own chances too.

Just look at the amount of assists he's wracked up... Hernandez's game doesn't involve bringing others into play at all.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

The highlights reel only show his goals and not his overall play.

Videos of players holding the ball up aren't very interesting to watch.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Which we should certainly be capable of. If the estimates of about £500k wages saved by our outgoings so far are accurate (I think that's what I've seen as a tough figure) in six months we'll save £13m.

If we were to sign Haller and someone else upfront, whilst selling Hernandez, we'd probably only make a net gain of £40k a week on wages.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Probably get £3/4m for that you'd guess. I know they just got a load of money for the lad that went to the Blades but they'll know just how desperate we are to get rid!
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

They are in cloud cuckoo land , even the biggest of clubs cant work like that
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Graza wrote: The thing with Rondon is that it seems to have all cooled. Given that people are typically talking about us activating his release clause why haven't we just done it already so that we've got a player on deck? Or are we concerned that we may have to break the bank for whoever the first choice is going to be?

If we get Haller over the line as expected we'll have two strikers not counting Xande Silva on our books , we also have Antonio and possibly Yarmolenko who can play as makeshift strikers - Rondon would be an ideal replacement for Carroll and the perfect partner for Hernandez in a two . Gives us more options .

I don't know what they're planning or how much money they plan on spending but Rondon would make sense .
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Probably already been commented on but we've been linked with Maupay as well:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... ker-offer/

He's young, knows where the net is (41 goals / 14 assists in last 2 seasons), already adapted to the English game and isn't going to break the bank. Would be more than happy if we signed him
Last edited by Irrons on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.