The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Patito

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Patito »

S-H :D
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Völlig unverständlich. Frankfurt spielt (sehr sicher) Europa und dann wechselt er zu einem mittelklassigen Verein in England, der 0 Europa Ambitioniert ist

freely translated (this is a tweet response from one Eintracht fan): completely wrong move, Frankfurt will be playing in Europe. And then he goes to a mid-table club in England with 0 european ambition.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So, from what I can tell, this guy looks exactly like the type of striker we need. Good hold up play, dominant in the air, strong, knows where the goal is...

For those that have watched him play regularly - Does he cover a lot of ground? Does he press and defend from the front?

I was reading a statistical analysis earlier that stated Arnautovic covered less ground than any other striker in the premier league bar one (and this was pre xmas strop) - one of the reasons we were so poor at defending from the front.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

pezza20 wrote:Haller done

see gentlemen ... patience is a virtue.
:thup:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Assuming no final hiccups, like Ed Woodward kidnapping him at Gatwick or us finding out he has no ligaments in his dick, what I like about this summer window is that we haven't wasted time after rejections.

Gomes rejected us early in June, and ten days or so later we sign Fornals.
Gomez rejected us early in July, and ten days or so later we seem to be signing Haller.

That's excellent work.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

claretcloggy wrote:Völlig unverständlich. Frankfurt spielt (sehr sicher) Europa und dann wechselt er zu einem mittelklassigen Verein in England, der 0 Europa Ambitioniert ist

freely translated (this is a tweet response from one Eintracht fan): completely wrong move, Frankfurt will be playing in Europe. And then he goes to a mid-table club in England with 0 european ambition.
Not wrong, is he?
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

I should say medical still required but knowing our medicals he could have half a leg missing and still pass ...

As for their fans fury .. we would be the same but he is coming to a better league on twice as much wedge and an outside change of a top 6 place plus within a few years maybe getting a move to a bigger club. We are his springboard so hopefully we get 2 excellent seasons out of him
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

claretcloggy wrote:Völlig unverständlich. Frankfurt spielt (sehr sicher) Europa und dann wechselt er zu einem mittelklassigen Verein in England, der 0 Europa Ambitioniert ist

Can't really argue with them on that. Frankfurt are side that got to the last 4 of the Europa League last season, we have failed to even get into the group stages on the 2 occasions we have made the Europa League in recent years.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

pezza20 wrote:Haller done

see gentlemen ... patience is a virtue.
Maxi Gomez who?
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Assuming it all goes well, what a signing this would be. No shock that as soon as Pellegrini and Husillos take control we sign some half decent players.
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

jhammers wrote:'Ex' saying booking medical is slightly ambitious at this stage.

Then Frankfurt official twitter account confirmed deal agreed and he's on his way for a medical...

:?
That official confirmation caught him and his guesswork completely off guard :lol:

Regarding the actual transfer, I sounds (from those who have watched him play) like what we've been waiting for for years. Myself, I do not dare watching any clips until he's photographed holding the shirt.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

This is where we find out in the medical that Haller has a difficult to diagnose, underlying case of severe... decapitation, and he doesn't pass the medical.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

Haller on his way over for a medical?
Flying over?

Did I read earlier about certain people having their fingers in this particular transfer pie.....?

:arry:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Can't really argue with them on that. Frankfurt are side that got to the last 4 of the Europa League last season, we have failed to even get into the group stages on the 2 occasions we have made the Europa League in recent years.
That Frankfurt side sold the reason they achieved anything last season at the first opportunity this summer.

Clearly their blueprint is based on identifying cheap players, developing them and moving them on. They can have no qualms about what is happening. They paid £7mil for him.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I hear he’s one Hall of a player.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Northammer wrote:Regarding the actual transfer, I sounds (from those who have watched him play) like what we've been waiting for for years. Myself, I do not dare watching any clips until he's photographed holding the shirt.
Too late, I've already done it and it can't be undone.

The first thing that came to mind though, to coin a phrase, is good touch for a big man. If, like most clubs these days, you're playing one up top and relying on that one to score goals and bring others in to the game, he looks like he has absolutely all the attributes required to do so. Exciting stuff.
mcinerney7

Post by mcinerney7 »

very excited about this player,

i came across a really good video about him below, some information about his upbringing and a look into his stats in the leagues hes played.in.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:crest:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

jacko wrote:I hear he’s one Hall of a player.

Cold play tune :tune:

We have Haller Haller Haller Rice
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

To be fair to Frankfurt and their support, they just achieved something pretty major for a couple of seasons back to back, showing growth, and then have started to sell off their best players.

We'd be pretty peeved if, say, next season we finished 6th and won the FA Cup, the next season we finished 6th and reached the last four of the Europa League, and then we sold Anderson and Haller within six weeks of the season ending. This place would fall apart, Sullivan would wake up with a horses head in his bed, and people would be screaming about the lack of ambition.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote:The first thing that came to mind though, to coin a phrase, is good touch for a big man.
Like Carlton then? :D