The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 312 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Het-Field »

Reports are that Seri is about to leave Fulham on loan. On principle, I disagree with loan deals, but I’d be prepared to make an exception here. I feel in a more settled team he could thrive.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2578 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

kitthehammer wrote:My only worry is we look light weight, certainly in central midfield.. It's all very well having players like anderson, fornals, lanzini, wilshere, but as soon as we lose the ball we're stuffed.
Wilshere and Lanzini are certainly weak in the press.... I'll wait until I see Fornals play for us before judging. According to reports and stats, he certainly has the pace, stamina, and workrate. How effective he is at pressing remains to be seen.

Personally I think every player should be capable of pressing well. It can be learnt. Anyone who doesn't press needs to try harder.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2578 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Het-Field wrote:Reports are that Seri is about to leave Fulham on loan. On principle, I disagree with loan deals, but I’d be prepared to make an exception here. I feel in a more settled team he could thrive.
I agree
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

wivenhoetim wrote:Would Love to see Balotelli rock up for one or two seasons btw. Football is all about entertainment after all ! Blokes a nutter but would be fun fun fun.
Sounds like the same argument for Boris. I prefer entertainment to be retained on the pitch.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

S-H wrote:As bad as our fullbacks are at defending, I think the addition of a quality partner for Rice would be more valuable to the side.

Look at all modern fullbacks, they are essentially wingers, only a handful of them can defend, and they are at the top clubs.

Getting it right in the middle of the park, with a solid midfielder that offers protection for the attacking fullbacks, will make a massive difference, as will keeping Balbuena and Reid fit.
100% spot on.
A quality/solid central midfielder would transform our team.
Dacourre at Watford would be a perfect fit imo.
He’s probably out of our range though.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Wilshere and Lanzini are certainly weak in the press.... I'll wait until I see Fornals play for us before judging. According to reports and stats, he certainly has the pace, stamina, and workrate. How effective he is at pressing remains to be seen.
Lanzini, yes. Bit unfair on Wilshere though. One of the contributing factors to his injury record is his commitment to the tackle. I appreciate you’re talking about pressing but pressing leads to tackles, either by eventually having to or by ****ing it up and creating space that some one has to clear up the mess of. Same reason Noble picks up the amount of yellows he does.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Het-Field wrote:Reports are that Seri is about to leave Fulham on loan. On principle, I disagree with loan deals, but I’d be prepared to make an exception here. I feel in a more settled team he could thrive.
Yep agree, in the right set up he could be our Kante.
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

Aceface wrote:I think sometimes people conflate playing attacking football - which we do - with playing tiki-taka, which we very much don’t, especially at the back. It’s actually all fairly conventional back there.

With the exception of Arthur, none of them are really doing anything adventurous with their passing. Zabaleta is a back-pass merchant, Fredericks is probably second only to Antonio in terms of his lowly passing success rate, Fabianski’s distribution is his only weak point. He certainly doesn’t play as a sweeper, doing Cruyff turns in his box and the threading a through ball to midfield. And the two first choice CBs are steady with the ball at their feet but not much more. The high line Pellegrini likes might be more of a challenge for Reid to get up to speed with than anything to do with passing.
Agree with a lot of that, I could and perhaps should have added (in terms of evolving away from a style suited Reid) the high line. Still don't think he'll be the valuable asset many seem to assume, once and if fit. But would obviously be happy if proven wrong.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

swash wrote:Haven't seen a lot of Hayden but looked poor yesterday against Wolves.
I’d rather us sign Hendrick.

He’d love to join us.
hammerheadjim
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by hammerheadjim »

Hayden should never put on a West Ham shirt!
e-20

Post by e-20 »

Got to be worth a close look as we won't have the money to buy a player of his 'potential' quality.
Northammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

Seri on loan to Galatasaray according to Transfermarkt.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Seri wants to leave England, according to reports.
hammerman11
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

the second DM AND SECOND STRIKER ARE NOW THE PRIORITIES.
SELL OBIANG AND HERNANDEZ FOR AROUND 20M
fjthegrey
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I'll wait until I see Fornals play for us before judging. According to reports and stats, he certainly has the pace, stamina, and workrate. How effective he is at pressing remains to be seen.
He's superbly good.

I've not seen him play loads, but he is properly tenacious in the press. He'll pick up cards because of it, but he hounds and rats for the ball really well.

There will be a lot of secondary tackles and interceptions made by players deeper than him due to his ability in this area. I think Anderson is excellent at it also, and by all accounts Haller defends superbly from the front as well (a big upgrade in this area I'd say). That's why the guys deeper don't necessarily have to be out and out ball winners to work as our CDM's. If they can read the game, read the press, read the bad touch, they should be effective.

We appear to be building a team with a very high footballing IQ, it's getting my dick hard.
e-20

Post by e-20 »

Colours never run wrote:Seri wants to leave England, according to reports.
Damn I feared as much.
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

I'd pay off Sanchez to get rid tbh, cant see anyone coming in for him especially with wages of £75k

Outs
Hugill £25k
Sanchez £75k
Obiang not sure

Ins
3rd Striker
CDM

must be possible
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Don’t think we need to bring in a third striker if we’re only going to be playing one up top. Hernandez as a sub and Antonio as third choice is perfectly fine. If we do sign another striker then I’m hoping it’s because Hernandez is off.
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by Denzil »

How is Sanchez nicking £75k p/w !

Silva and Hernandez are okay deputies up top for now. I would say LB and CM are more a priority. Pellers hinted at more deals in his presser yesterday.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

HM11 why do you keep putting hayden on your wish list? have you ever seen him play?