The summer transfer window 2019 thread

The very best posts from KUMB over the years ...

Moderator: Gnome

Patito

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Patito » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:according to Wiki, Medel is 1.71m = 5.5
5 foot 7, Cuenc. Your point remains though. :thup:

StevePottsGoalsReel

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:according to Wiki, Medel is 1.71m = 5.5
Patito wrote:5 foot 7, Cuenc. Your point remains though. :thup:
Can't quite put my finger on his name, but I'm sure there was one 5'7" CB who made approximately 399 league appearances, mostly at the top level. :wink:

Pretty prolific goalscorer too from memory.

Patito

Post by Patito » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm

YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:16 pm

S-H wrote:We should be all over an AACM
All Action Central Midfielder?

Couldn't agree more.

Romford_Iron

Post by Romford_Iron » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm

YorksHammer wrote:I do think that the signing of Carvalho, or non-signing, was a real sliding doors moment for us. We'd be far more advanced now if we'd signed him, in my opinion, looking stronger in midfield. He'd be so good alongside Rice, as well, they play into each other's attributes.
I completely disagree that we would be more advanced. Rice wouldn’t have got as many minutes in midfield as he has if Carvalho had joined, so he wouldn’t be anywhere near the player he is today. Missing out on Carvalho was probably a blessing in disguise. As someone else has mentioned, we don’t need another Rice (expect as backup). We need an energetic box to box midfielder to play along side him - and that isn’t Carvalho.

EDIT: Also I just saw above. Medel is a defensive midfielder, not a box to box midfielder, so he would be backup to Rice, he wouldn’t be starting next to him - expect maybe against City and Liverpool - and even then I doubt it. Pellers doesn’t like to park the bus, he prefers to give it a go.
Last edited by Romford_Iron on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NedN

Post by NedN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:20 pm

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote:
Can't quite put my finger on his name, but I'm sure there was one 5'7" CB who made approximately 399 league appearances, mostly at the top level. :wink:

Pretty prolific goalscorer too from memory.
Not just anyone can score a belter from outside the 18 at top level

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Obiang is being linked now with Celta... as the newspaper Faro de Vigo confirms...

https://www.farodevigo.es/deportes/oure ... 44020.html
https://foro.delcelta.com/viewtopic.php ... start=2200

PS: The funny thing there are the comments on this internet site, and as well on the Celta forum... as Obiang is also linked with Camarasa, the other sign they are keen of...

Many just cant believe is about the same Camarasa he knew from the past, and that his buy clause is now 25 M Euro... :D

Its like an almost unknown Hugill would have turned into a great player at La Liga...

The Green Man

Post by The Green Man » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Maybe Sidibe coming in means we're looking at Zaba covering DM and being more of a utility player this season, could work out.

anjado

Post by anjado » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Sidibe looked like he would be one of the best fullbacks in the world a couple of years ago at Monaco I was as impressed with him as I was with Mendy who cost Man City £50 million. I had no idea he could play left back as well if we can get him for £13-15 million providing nothing serious has happened to him other than a slight dip in form over the previous two seasons he could be an amazing bargain.

I've heard people ask why did we re-sign Zabaleta I believe he had a clause in his contract where if he played a certain amount of games we would automatically re-sign him.

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:36 pm

djoe wrote:The only player in Belgium i would like to have at West Ham is Sander Berge.
Would just fit in perfectly next to Rice.

21 years old Norwegian, 12 caps for them. Big and strong lad (1,93 m) but with good feet, really technical. Has a great crosspass . 15-20 million Euros should do the trick.
Great player indeed!

Sevilla and many other clubs have been for years behind to sgin him.

:thup:

But, his price could be a bit more than that... 25-30m Euro..

Universidad-de-Chile

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Sudibe was in France´s World Cup 2018 squad in Russia, I think... on the bench, but even there...
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EastVillageHammer

Post by EastVillageHammer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:41 pm

I think we all know we aren't going to sign anyone else. Sulli's mad mate Hugh has already told us as much.

Might as well close the thread.

Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Sidibe is a smokescreen for Fabregas.

Patito

Post by Patito » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:46 pm

EastVillageHammer wrote:I think we all know we aren't going to sign anyone else.
We don't. I think we will sign at least one more.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:51 pm

https://www.metroecuador.com.ec/ec/depo ... ntina.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Universidad-de-Chile

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:54 pm

I do not follow at any level the turkey league, but, as, you are all taking about a BBM, an all around defensive MF...

I do not know, if you remeber this name: Irfan Can Kahveci

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0rfan_Kahveci

Im not really a fan of him or his agent... BUT... I just took sometime to see 2 videos.. and..

He looks pretty interessting as a player and could be a bargain.... 5-6 M Euro.. 24 years old.. 8-)

We were linked with him one time, thats all I know so far...

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ed2lIZqnhLw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube] :thup: :scarfer:

So, you see, there are alternatives... and It does not have to be this, or that, Medel o Ledem, or whatever..
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Universidad-de-Chile

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:https://www.metroecuador.com.ec/ec/depo ... ntina.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Haha...

Thats here is far more better...

The one ocasion a young Gary just joined the Ultras of his former club in Chile:

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RZ1iKM3U9sQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube] (The one small guy in the middle, withouit shirt) :lol:

And here another one, as Gary als joined the Ultras by playing their big big drums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1iKM3U9sQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=with_pR2KkbY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R00g3WWd_oE

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Sherbet Dab wrote:Another good DM we were linked with more recently, Stefano Sturaro has Joined Genoa from Juve for £14.8m. not a lot of money really.
He's played 4 games in the last year - if he wasn't coming from Juventus, he'd be even cheaper.

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Romford_Iron wrote: ... we don’t need another Rice (expect as backup). We need an energetic box to box midfielder to play along side him - and that isn’t Carvalho.

EDIT: Also I just saw above. Medel is a defensive midfielder, not a box to box midfielder, so he would be backup to Rice, he wouldn’t be starting next to him - expect maybe against City and Liverpool - and even then I doubt it. Pellers doesn’t like to park the bus, he prefers to give it a go.
Then maybe the answer is to modify Rice's role? Maybe he's the BBM (!) we are looking for and then Medel (or whoever) could sit and do the defensive grunt?

Crossd_Hammrs

Post by Crossd_Hammrs » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Didn't Medel get a stupid sending off at Copa America - headbutting Messi over a little nudge as he shepherded the ball out?
I fully expect us to sign him.