The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Ozza »

Sully must be having palpations
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

Ozza wrote:Sully must be having palpations
I bet his crying his eyes out.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

A striker whose bad season is 10 goals :scarfer:
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

I do hope so that gives me a warm happy feeling
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

HammerMan2004 wrote:I've read that Celta are trying to be "honourable" to their deal with Valencia.
Think I've seen similar stuff, but still doesn't sound particularly likely. "Business willingly turns down tens of millions of Euros in order to honour a non-binding agreement" all sounds rather implausible (though not completely out of the question, I suppose).

Perhaps there's some other chicanery going on that we're not aware of. Could get even more interesting, this one.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Georgee Paris wrote:****ring ring****
Oh hello, is that Barclays Bank?
Yes, good, could you tell me if a cheque has cleared...

Yeah, it’s in the name of Arnie China money....

It hasn’t - oh gawd....

Probably not far off the truth. Anybody seen a hat passing around the Directors and staff by any chance, every euro counts?
fjthegrey
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Ozza wrote:Sully must be having palpations
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Is Belotti being discussed on here as a serious option?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

West Ham given Maxi Gomez ultimatum as Celta Vigo agree £13m player-exchange deal with Valencia
West Ham have been told they must agree a deal for Maxi Gomez on Tuesday or the Uruguay striker will join Valencia.

Manuel Pellegrini has been in pursuit of 22-year-old Gomez who has a release clause in his contract of £45million.

Celta Vigo have already agreed a deal with Valencia for £13m with 23-year-old Vigo-born striker Santi Mina moving in the opposite direction.

West Ham’s spending power has been boosted by the sale of Marko Arnautovic to SIPG Shanghai for £23m.

But they are still not close to an agreement concerning the structure of the payments.

Celta are putting pressure on the Londoners to make significant progress today or they will go ahead with the Valencia transfer.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... encia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:I've read that Celta are trying to be "honourable" to their deal with Valencia.
DasNutNock wrote:Think I've seen similar stuff, but still doesn't sound particularly likely. "Business willingly turns down tens of millions of Euros in order to honour a non-binding agreement" all sounds rather implausible (though not completely out of the question, I suppose).

Perhaps there's some other chicanery going on that we're not aware of. Could get even more interesting, this one.
I have read that Celta are not happy with the us paying in instalments. Could it be that Valencia are offering £15m and two players up front? Could it be we are offering £45 million spread over three years which is £15 mill a year. What would you take? Numbers are speculation on my behalf.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

No, Celta want Santi Mina really, that's what it boils down to, ready-made replacement
e-20
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

DasNutNock wrote:
"HammerMan2004" I've read that Celta are trying to be "honourable" to their deal with Valencia.

Think I've seen similar stuff, but still doesn't sound particularly likely. "Business willingly turns down tens of millions of Euros in order to honour a non-binding agreement" all sounds rather implausible (though not completely out of the question, I suppose).

This is why everything we hear has to be filtered, but to complicate matters in all honesty even the filters can only do so much, there are just so many conflicting factors involved with 4 or so 'combatants' involved.

Celta clearly want for their own purposes to stay in Valencias good books, hell they need the player they expect in exchange. So everything from them is in support of that and the preferred deal no matter what is happening deep down.
The Agents want to earn the biggest amount of money and create a situation where their player will best market/display his skills to help in the next big sale which like it or not may be only a season away. England is probably better for that than Spain due to the number of eventual suitors taking note from their point of view as there will be 6 or so here plus the top two in Spain if he ever gets near their standard anyway which is the worry for the agents I suspect if he stays there with a potentially lower profile. So its not just about present profits.

The player wants.... well who knows in the end when you mingle all the factors that include both head and heart.

This may have a bit to run yet especially if sully is controlling the cash deposit.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Gsbgsb wrote:Seems that if we do not have the cash up front we do not get Gomez.

Now whilst we should be able to raise the money I anticipate the current internal discussions are over the impact on budget going forward and other deals. As long as the final decision on how the budget is spent lies with MP/MH then fine. If they want Gomez knowing it might mean no or lower quality other deals then that is their decision to make.
No worries there. I'm sure Gold and Sullivan will be prepared to mortgage their houses as collateral
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Is Sully off to Benidorm soon?
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Not sure why Celta don’t just BUY Mina with the money we want to give them for Gomez. Weird.
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Is Mina worth 32 million though seems a big discrepancy
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Also Lemina apparently available for £15m...
fjthegrey
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Ozza wrote:Is Sully off to Benidorm soon?
Is Benidorm a euphemism?
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

HammerAl wrote:Not sure why Celta don’t just BUY Mina with the money we want to give them for Gomez. Weird.
The issue looks like us offering 3 payments of 15m over 3 years, I’d imagine Mina is more than the 15m they get now.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

fjthegrey wrote: Is Benidorm a euphemism?
Lol no, it’s where the chav goes on holiday isn’t it?