MSI/Joorabchian takeover bid

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Would you welcome a takeover by this Iranian in the news today?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 289

jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

daniel wrote: No i'm talking about the transfer money.
If he is going to buy everything the coach wants say like Abramovich, or will he think carefully about everything, .and refuse AP's demends.In either case, i'm not so sure the takeover is for the better...
Thats exactly the sort of thing i want our chairman to do. As for refusing AP`s demands, Pardew has been very good in the transfer market with a limited budget so i get the impression he would be even better if given more moeny and certainly not one to go knocking on the chairmans door every 5 minutes.

People were saying one of the reasons they wouldnt want this takeover to happen is because they didnt want West Ham to be another Chelsea, has the latest article changd your minds?
daniel

Post by daniel »

I really hope he won't turn the club into a chelsea like club.
I want what's best for West Ham, and i know the club is famous for all the great talents it brought to the world.
As for the bolded line, i didn't express myself very well, what i meant to say was that i don't want him to disregard AP's requests. I agree a chairman needs to think lone and hard about how much money to give, so i hope all goes well.
I'm sure AP can sign some very good players with the potential money given, cause he knows best what his team needs.(A striker and a right winger plaese).
His signings so far have been magical, i hope he keeps it up.
theykilledkenny

s

Post by theykilledkenny »

Before few days one of the respected and most talanted clubs in Bulgaria was banned and destroyed by the Bulgarian Football Union and the authorities becase of their owners dirty money. The club's name is "Pirin 1922" and they will play now in the amateurs league under different name. Thier owner took over them before two years and send them to the Bulgarian Premier League, but now the authorities found out the source of his profits and many lawbreaks in ruling the club and f*** up the boys efforts.
They weren't title competitors but had very good and developed youth academy from where many great talants had risen.

All I want to say with that sorry story is that being ruled by a criminal and a lowlife, spending his bloody money will not bring anything but tears and regrets.

West Ham made us proud by getting back in Premiership with honest play and high efforts. We have the money for a good striker to keep us here. We have many great young lads to progress in the future. We are West Ham and we don't need any "dark hand" help to survive.

I'll be glad to see your comments.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Kenny -

Because this is the Premier League this bloke would have to go through checks and revel where the money was coming from.
KIA JOORABCHIAN, the Iranian-born businessman trying to buy West Ham, the Premiership football club, has warned fans he won’t be going on a Roman Abramovich-style spending spree to achieve success.
In his first in-depth interview since news of his interest in the Hammers broke last week, Joorabchian told The Sunday Times he would not emulate Chelsea’s owner: “Our aim is not to win a title by spending £500m or £700m. Our aim is to create a title-winning team but by being smart — investing correctly like Manchester United and Arsenal.”
Thats good news if he does takeover as is the Stars report that Pardew would be kept on and given £30M to buy players with to start on. However I want this bloke to put up or shut up now and If I'm honest I'm not sure I want this bloke.
theykilledkenny

s

Post by theykilledkenny »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Kenny -

Because this is the Premier League this bloke would have to go through checks and revel where the money was coming from.
Thats good news if he does takeover as is the Stars report that Pardew would be kept on and given £30M to buy players with to start on. However I want this bloke to put up or shut up now and If I'm honest I'm not sure I want this bloke.
I hope it's like that. I don't want us to be send into administration or anything.

Do you imagine all the new wannabe west ham ****ers who will pop-up if we become the next Chelsea. I hate that! Oldschool:)
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Can only agree mate.

Don't want that to ever happen - I don't want the club to lose what it is really about.
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

I want this bloke to f*** right off. It would take away a lot of what West Ham is about.
He better not get us :cry:
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Since the thread in which it appeared has been locked, many people won't have seen this important story from today's Sunday Telegrap, which basically proves what I have always suspected about Kia Joorabchian - that he is a no-nothing, er, wankia who knows nothing about football, interferes with the team, makes the manager's job impossible and destroys team-morale.

He would be a disaster for this club, wreck everything Pardew is building and harm, not improve our chances of success.

And here's my evidence ...

West Ham's would-be owner back in Brazilian spotlight
By Ben Lyttleton (Filed: 21/08/2005)

Kia Joorabchian had been enjoying a low profile in Brazil for the first time since Media Sports Investment, the company he fronts who are interested in buying West Ham, signed an agreement to take over ownership of Corinthians, the Brazilian league leaders, just over a year ago.

But news of the possible bid for West Ham has propelled the 34-year-old Iranian businessman back into the headlines in Brazil and upset Corinthians' octogenarian president Alberto Dualib, who was furious that he first learnt about MSI's interest in West Ham through the media.

The fiercest of Joorabchian's critics also took the opportunity to have another go at him, board member Antonio Roque Citadini saying: "He is using Corinthians to present himself as a Mr Football abroad." Daily paper Jornal da Tarde, summing up the opposition in Brazil to Joorabchian's proposed £100 million bid for the Hammers, asked: "How can a small club like West Ham be worth six times as much as the biggest club in Brazil?"

Joorabchian seems to have timed his move well as West Ham might be more impressed by him because of Corinthians' elevated league position which will be strengthened if they beat third-placed Goias tonight. But with the Brazilian season approaching the halfway point, there is plenty of time for that situation to change - especially if the last six months are anything to go by.

Corinthians prepared for the new season with a series of big-money signings including Argentina forward Carlos Tevez for a record £11 million and Carlos Alberto, who scored for Porto in their 2004 Champions League final win.

But three games into the season, the title seemed a remote possibility. After Corinthians lost 5-1 at home to Sao Paulo in March, in a game that had to be stopped five times as disgruntled fans ran on to the pitch, Joorabchian burst into the dressing-room and laid into coach Tite and the players. "The dressing-room is a sacred place and is not where the club hierarchy should do their business," said Tite, who was sacked a week later. "Kia brought me players I didn't want - that's why there was an incompatibility between us."

"Kia doesn't know anything about football," one player told Brazilian paper Lance. But his hands-on role in recruitment upset the club's next coach, Daniel Passarella. The former Argentina national coach lasted 15 games before he was similarly dismissed, two days after criticising Joorabchian's purchase of Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano from River Plate for £8 million. Passarella claims Corinthians still owe him £660,000 and the case comes to trial next week.

The new coach is former Corinthians player Marcio Bittencourt, a man-manager who has united the squad and convinced Tevez to stay despite the forward's two fist-fights with team-mates in training. "Kia is always supportive and takes an interest in us," said

Bittencourt, who is unlikely to change his tune as long as he wants to stay in the job.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 520 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Tell you what, reading the articles today and reading that "back in Brazil" thread...has put me right off this prospective takeover...

Who's up for a Brown In protest after Bolton? :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

HammerMan2004 wrote:Tell you what, reading the articles today and reading that "back in Brazil" thread...has put me right off this prospective takeover...

BROWN IN!
BROWN! IN!
BROWN IN!

WE LOVE THE BOARD WE DO!
WE LOVE THE BOARD WE DO!
WE LOVE THE BOARD WE DO!
OH AND THE BOARD WE LOVE YOU!

THERE'S ONLY ONE TERRY BROWN!

:lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Countryboy wrote:Since the thread in which it appeared has been locked, many people won't have seen this important story from today's Sunday Telegrap, which basically proves what I have always suspected about Kia Joorabchian - that he is a no-nothing, er, wankia who knows nothing about football, interferes with the team, makes the manager's job impossible and destroys team-morale.

He would be a disaster for this club, wreck everything Pardew is building and harm, not improve our chances of success.
You're right CB ... £100m wouldn't do us any favours at all, eh ...

Nice words but there's absolutely nothing in this piece that supports anything you say - unless you class buying world class players as 'interfering with the team'.
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Damn right...
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Tell you what, reading the articles today and reading that "back in Brazil" thread...has put me right off this prospective takeover...

:lol:

I'm more than happy with what we have at the moment, including Brown.

I really do not want to see this takeover happen, like someone said above somewhere: it would change the character of our club forever.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Kentammer wrote:I really do not want to see this takeover happen, like someone said above somewhere: it would change the character of our club forever.
Pray elucidate?
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

So what is wrong with MSI?

They don't reveal their investors, but they don't need to and not many other consortiums do either. If they takeover, there will be a board of directors of which we will all known their names.

What have they done wrong at Corinthians?

Well it can't be the money they have spent, or their promise to build a new stadium. They've sacked two managers, blimey is that a crime now?

Yet some of you want to keep the East End Masonic lodge running our club, the people that put the club on the brink of administration.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Trap1 wrote:They don't reveal their investors, but they don't need to and not many other consortiums do either. If they takeover, there will be a board of directors of which we will all known their names.
This is a good point - I seem to recall one Mr.Cottee getting almost universal backing for his consortium about which we knew no more than Kia's lot.

I wonder why that is?
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Up the Junction wrote: This is a good point - I seem to recall one Mr.Cottee getting almost universal backing for his consortium about which we knew no more than Kia's lot.

I wonder why that is?
Ah you see some reckon that because Cottee played for West Ham we could all trust his consortium to be the answer to all of our dreams.

Funny, I remember Manchester City fans thinking about Franny Lee like that.
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Up the Junction wrote: This is a good point - I seem to recall one Mr.Cottee getting almost universal backing for his consortium about which we knew no more than Kia's lot.

I wonder why that is?
To be fair, wouldn't Kia get our full backing if we were still in the Championship and looking a little shakey like we were when Cottee appeared with his consortium?
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

HammerMan2004 wrote: To be fair, wouldn't Kia get our full backing if we were still in the Championship and looking a little shakey like we were when Cottee appeared with his consortium?
So because we got promoted our board is now the best option.

I tend to judge administrations on years rather than months.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

HammerMan2004 wrote:To be fair, wouldn't Kia get our full backing if we were still in the Championship and looking a little shakey like we were when Cottee appeared with his consortium?
I don't see what difference our league status would make to be honest - the anti argument appears to be based purely upon the membership of the proposed consortium.