Alan Curbishley

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Are you happy with the way West Ham play under Alan Curbishley?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 am

yes
54%
no
46%

Total votes: 885

Merv
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by Merv »

sicknote wrote:
can't believe anyone can be happy, considering the football we have been brought up on, attacking enterprising football with good footballing players , and an attitude of if you score 3 we will score four

these days its lets not concede a goal, then we might get a result,

i'm getting very bored watching us play ....
100% agree with this whole statement. Voted no.
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

Claretdave wrote: Nail on head.
Yeah I also voted no but don't want him to get the sack. There are few options for the guy due to injuries, and few options for us in terms of replacements
jjwred7

Post by jjwred7 »

Never have been a Curbs fan...never will be. I didnt think he was the right man for the job when appointed, I still dont.

But to sack him now would not be the right thing. No replacements available right now, get him out in the summer.

When some of the players come back from injury (especially Bellamy), hopefully the performances will improve.

Unfortunately I DO think the team reflects his personality a little bit....or rather lack thereof.
beex
Planet Of The Apes

Post by beex »

jjwred7 wrote:Never have been a Curbs fan...never will be. I didnt think he was the right man for the job when appointed, I still dont.

But to sack him now would not be the right thing. No replacements available right now, get him out in the summer.

When some of the players come back from injury (especially Bellamy), hopefully the performances will improve.

Unfortunately I DO think the team reflects his personality a little bit....or rather lack thereof.
:wink: :thup:
bumpkinhammer

Post by bumpkinhammer »

Knee Jerk stuff although i and it seems most are unhappy with the way West Ham are playing most of the time. To get rid would be daft, New squad, loads of crocks, unsettled team and a run of tricky fixtures. It is hardly the time to judge AC and call for his head.
We have not seen the best of this team by a long way, in fact we have not even seen our best team, potentially, on the field.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

this thread really, really makes me cringe in light of the thread hailing curbs after the first 5 games (when effectively we picked up points in matches we fully expected to).

however, I can't deny that our style of football has become tidy, organised and extremely unexciting
beex
Planet Of The Apes

Post by beex »

steveyrockstar wrote:this thread really, really makes me cringe in light of the thread hailing curbs after the first 5 games (when effectively we picked up points in matches we fully expected to).

however, I can't deny that our style of football has become tidy, organised and extremely unexciting
I've never hailed him, fullstop!
I'm not against tidy or organised it's this long ball stuff that gets me down. We're not even any good at it!
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Can I ask the people who voted no were you happy with the way we played against Reading?

Just making the point that when players like Bellamy are fit we play fast attacking football.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Can I ask the people who voted no were you happy with the way we played against Reading?

Just making the point that when players like Bellamy are fit we play fast attacking football.
setting yourself up to play fast counter attack football away from home, with a few pacy players in the team, is all about strong defence and quickly turning that defence into attack, how we scored all three goals, and created more, and reading attacking us constantly played into our hands

its not fluent attacking football, its a way most teams play away from home and how we set out to play yesterday, problem is we conceded early, yet did not change our game plan, which was why we run out of steam when the changes happened too late in the game

this season we have not attacked teams home or away, boro had more attempts at goal than us
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Can I ask the people who voted no were you happy with the way we played against Reading?
Exactly. Or how about the football we played v Bolton last season, home v Fulham and away v Wigan.

4 games out of 23 aint bad....
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

westlondonhammer wrote: Are they our only signings then? Because hammer said we had 'only' signed 30 + year olds... which is why i picked him up on it as he can understand :lol:

CHWC... i am not going to argue with you... been there, done that, not worth the hassel... i would rather save it for when we next lose (which invariably will be when you pop up again :wink: )
'Been there,done that.'-OK mate boring is it?

Thats why i give up posting about Curbs etc..because of idiots like you(sorry no offense fellow hammer).

As you notice no posting after defeats vs Arsenal or Newcastle,so that puts one of your crap points to bed.Posting after every defeat-WRONG!

So whats your point of view if you actually have one?

You think Curbs is doing a good job?
Happy with his team selection & signings so far?
Football with flair & attractive?
Team spirit high & training methods spot on(thats why we have 57 injured player :wink: )?
Curbs is West Ham through & through and deserves a new 4 year deal?

Which one is it Westlondonhammer?

Basically you probably had 5000+ posts with basically not much to say just to correct & amend points that others make or make some sly dig at someone posting about Curbs.

Did you go yesterday?I did & i'll tell you was the biggest pile of horse s**t that i've seen for a long time.

You know & i know that Curbs is NOT & NEVER will be the man to lead West Ham to the next level.He's a stop gap.

But when's he gone it might be nice to hear some actual comments from yourself & why our manager w*nked off 40m & made the side still s**t.

:crest:
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

We've got to consolidate this season not expect the team to be some gung ho all guns blazing outfit. We are restricted as to style of play by injuries to key players. To make matters worse we now have people trying their best to undermine the manager and destroy the confidence of players out on the pitch. I can't beleive the number of people on here who seem completely detached from reality.

Just to add to my earlier post, of course I want to see us play the type of football we've been blessed to see over the years, we all do, but it's not the time for it right now. Get a solid foundation, first, yes it's going to be dull and unispiring for a lot of the time, and from there move on to the next level. You cannot build anything on shifting sand and that is what this club is after recent times.
Last edited by Kialos on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:[You know & i know that Curbs is NOT & NEVER will be the man to lead West Ham to the next level.He's a stop gap.
Thats the key thing CHWC. The next level.

The next level is midtable mediocrity and stability. We've been a yoyo club for the last 5 years we need a few seasons of building the foundations and establishing ourselves as a Premier League club. Curbs is the man to do that.

The level after that (UEFA Cup, challenging for trophies, top 5) may be beyond him but for now, thats not the next level.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I voted yes anyway but i was enthralled with the way we played at Reading, i loved it, loved the style of it & love the way we got our rewards using it...

But as i brought up on the " final third " thread, they gave us soooo much space to be able to do it because we went 1-0 up so early..

They played into our hands & didn't really have much choice as they were chasing the game from the 6th minute..
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

this is fuckin nonsence.

before newcastle evryone was rubbin off how great we've done.
Now 3 losses on the spin and people want him out?

How quick people forget the end of last season...

besides, wanting him out and having a poll on how we play are 2 different topics
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: 'Been there,done that.'-OK mate boring is it?

Thats why i give up posting about Curbs etc..because of idiots like you(sorry no offense fellow hammer).

As you notice no posting after defeats vs Arsenal or Newcastle,so that puts one of your crap points to bed.Posting after every defeat-WRONG!

So whats your point of view if you actually have one?

You think Curbs is doing a good job?
Happy with his team selection & signings so far?
Football with flair & attractive?
Team spirit high & training methods spot on(thats why we have 57 injured player :wink: )?
Curbs is West Ham through & through and deserves a new 4 year deal?

Which one is it Westlondonhammer?

Basically you probably had 5000+ posts with basically not much to say just to correct & amend points that others make or make some sly dig at someone posting about Curbs.

Did you go yesterday?I did & i'll tell you was the biggest pile of horse s**t that i've seen for a long time.

You know & i know that Curbs is NOT & NEVER will be the man to lead West Ham to the next level.He's a stop gap.

But when's he gone it might be nice to hear some actual comments from yourself & why our manager w*nked off 40m & made the side still s**t.

:crest:
Idiot :lol: i never insulted you only respondend to your post to mine... i wouldnt even gave you a seconds thought if you hadnt responded to one of my posts... and what i was said was tongue in cheek hence the :wink: smiley (which meant i was joking)

why should i respond to any of the rest when all you want do is insult me? Carry on mate... i will just ignore you
beex
Planet Of The Apes

Post by beex »

How quick people forget the end of last season...

We all remember and we were all mentally scarred by last season but I'm sorry you are deluded if you think Curbs is some sort of saviour who will lead us to the promised land.
The warning bells are there and FOR THE LAST TIME I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT RESULTS, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE STYLE OF PLAY!

This would be my polling question:

If West Ham offered you a full refund on your season ticket 2007/08 would you take it?

Yes

No

Sorry but i've seriously had enough under Curbs.I'm totally bored sh*tless with the majority of our performances.

Cant believe on paper we have probably THE best squad of players & looking forward to a relegation or bottom half of the league finish.

:(

westlondonhammer wrote: Idiot :lol: i never insulted you only respondend to your post to mine... i wouldnt even gave you a seconds thought if you hadnt responded to one of my posts... and what i was said was tongue in cheek hence the :wink: smiley (which meant i was joking)

why should i respond to any of the rest when all you want do is insult me? Carry on mate... i will just ignore you
Sorry Westlondonhammer little bit angry at the moment about Curbs.Didnt notice the smiley. :oops:
Royston: Republic d'Essex
Shaun Ryder changed my life
Location: Being told off: right in front of all the bell boys & the over-friendly concierge.

Post by Royston: Republic d'Essex »

What the f***?

What are we now, ****ing T*ttenham? We're maybe a quarter into a season and there's Curbs' Out threads? Heaven forbid we drop into the bottom half of a tight table when half our squad is injured...

I absolutely hate the way this club's support has turned so fickle (coincidentally since the new stand was built) of late. Booing at half-time if we're a goal down, calls for the manager's head a quarter into the season and just the general cuntiness of it all.

To the nobs (you know who you are) I mongface in your general direction.