Transfer Window: Summer 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bilic

Re: Summer transfer talk/rumours

Post by Bilic »

thamesmeadhammer wrote:Regretting renewing now :(

It's all doom and gloom on here

Can't someone post that they have seen SWP, Eidur, and anyone else having Pie n Mash in Nathans today just before modeling the new kit ? :raver:
Apparently SWP is having a medical right now :wink:
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

well we might still sign david obua !
lopsidedbunny

Post by lopsidedbunny »

Lancaster Hammer wrote: Exactly, he is the only proven pacey striker that we have at the moment. I would hope that by the end of this window we would have two strikers with physical presence (Ashton and Cole/or replacement) and two quick strikers (Bellamy + another). We could then call on Sears if injuries struck again. That's why we got Camara in at the last moment in 2007 summer window, because Curbishley was clear that if anything happened to Bellamy then we would lack pace up front. Unfortunately, the only thing Camara didn't lack was pace and so when Bellamy got injured, Camara stayed on the bench and - you guessed it - we lacked pace up front.
I agree, Camara from what little did he play looked quick on his feet but was never given a chance to play from the start, it was always the Ashton/Cole partnership that never really look like it was ever going to work from the moment of Kick off. The trouble was they were both too alike in thier game play and a as a result of the failure to score goals resulting into a comical farcical element of one strolling around despondently whilst the other developed a habit of falling over a blade of grass.

Oh woe another season like that one.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Juan Pablo Sorin

Post by szola »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 06,00.html

He might not be the youngest player around, and his career has had its shares of ups and downs, but he can provide Linda with much needed competition.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1860 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Re: Juan Pablo Sorin

Post by Eggchaser »

Been struggling with injuries since he joined Hamburg in 2006... sounds like he's made for us :lol:
I am law

Post by I am law »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Errrrrr Whats flaming...is it like felching? (I'm 39 years old...pardon?)
At a stretch, they both require somebody talking dirty to you.

That is at a stretch, mind.

I thought you were 40, anyway. Seem to remember some mithering about a 'significant birthday' recently... :think:
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

Yesssss! Get in there!! At ****ing last! :thup:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

fester wrote:Yesssss! Get in there!! At f***ing last! :thup:

GET IN! YESSSS!

We're talking about the new home kit right? :lol:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

fester wrote:Yesssss! Get in there!! At f***ing last! :thup:
Ooo i'm all excited - what's happened? :lol:
gegsy
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by gegsy »

who knows?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

hilarious :|
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Why didn't you just allow his post to pass along unoticed you nincumpoobs :lol:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

davids cross wrote:Why didn't you just allow his post to pass along unoticed you nincumpoobs :lol:
Because I thought we'd signed David Obua... :(
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

davids cross wrote:Why didn't you just allow his post to pass along unoticed you nincumpoobs :lol:
I agree, that shall be my policy from now on.
Couttsy

Post by Couttsy »

Whats happened??? Why get in there? Hope your not celebrating the release of ANOTHER home kit :lol:
scanlen

Post by scanlen »

I read that b*llocks article in the Mail about our Chairman being so skint he needed to sell Lucas Neill to Citeh for less than £750k. I was really upset by that article. Only at West Ham could we get bought by a billionaire chairman that is skint! Then I started thinking about it and surely this is just outrageous crap?

So (smuggly he reports) I looked up BG's bank - Landsbanki - and their financial performance. Can you believe that this skint recession hit bank (according to Daily Mail) in 2007 made an after tax profit of €456,000,000? That's right I'll say it again €456M after paying all corporation taxes - a record for them!

Not content with that I looked up their first 3 months figures for 2008 which were only released to the press in May this year. Their profits were up again to €171,000,000 after tax.

Well. If the Daily Mail are right then the end of the World as we know it is about to finish. If a bank can make €171M in the first 3 months of 2008 and are so skint they need to sell Lucas Neill for less than £750,000 then the only assumption I can make is that the financial world is indeed about to implode. Or hang on. Maybe the Daily Mail article might actually be a load of b*llocks having discovered that no-one buys their ***** paper in the East End and Essex so they don't care and only want to wind us up...
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: We're talking about the new home kit right? :lol:
dont try to pretend you didnt check whufc.com,newsnow and bbc before typing that ;)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

scanlen wrote: no-one buys their s***e paper in the East End and Essex.
If only that were true.
Cambiasso
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Re: Juan Pablo Sorin

Post by Cambiasso »

szola wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 06,00.html

He might not be the youngest player around, and his career has had its shares of ups and downs, but he can provide Linda with much needed competition.
I suggested him before he went to Hamburg.

If we could get him on a salary to the club's liking then it could be a good idea. He can cover both left back and left midfield as well as take set pieces. It'd be very similar to having Solano last season.
MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip »

scanlen wrote:I read that b***ocks article in the Mail about our Chairman being so skint he needed to sell Lucas Neill to Citeh for less than £750k. I was really upset by that article. Only at West Ham could we get bought by a billionaire chairman that is skint! Then I started thinking about it and surely this is just outrageous crap?

So (smuggly he reports) I looked up BG's bank - Landsbanki - and their financial performance. Can you believe that this skint recession hit bank (according to Daily Mail) in 2007 made an after tax profit of €456,000,000? That's right I'll say it again €456M after paying all corporation taxes - a record for them!

Not content with that I looked up their first 3 months figures for 2008 which were only released to the press in May this year. Their profits were up again to €171,000,000 after tax.

Well. If the Daily Mail are right then the end of the World as we know it is about to finish. If a bank can make €171M in the first 3 months of 2008 and are so skint they need to sell Lucas Neill for less than £750,000 then the only assumption I can make is that the financial world is indeed about to implode. Or hang on. Maybe the Daily Mail article might actually be a load of b***ocks having discovered that no-one buys their s***e paper in the East End and Essex so they don't care and only want to wind us up...

Thanks for the info - nice to see someone researching things for themselves. These papers are so full of crap.

West Ham's more careful approach to the transfer market this summer seems very wise to me. After panic spending to avoid relagation, BG obviously wants to calm things down a bit. We've signed 3 foreign youth players which looks good for the future and are selling Zamora for 6mil. All good business if you ask me. This isn't a club crippled by their owner's failing finances - it's a club that is calming down to make some more considered and long-term purchases. I'd be very surprised if we don't make one or two first team signings before the season starts as well as off-loading a few more squad players. If we do that, I think it will have been a reasonable summer's activity.