Sunderland 0 West Ham Utd 1 (23/11/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Re: Sunderland v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Bloody Hell...Sunderland are ****. Pardon?
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

We seriously needed that. Great performance by the two centre backs! Cole was crap. Faubert wasn't too bright at times, but on the whole I'm satisfied. The back to back clean sheets will do our confidence a world of good!
simon hammer
Has liked: 994 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Bloody Hell...Sunderland are sh*t. Pardon?
We have nothing to worry about really. Sunderland, Blackburn, Newcastle, West Brom, Wigan, Stoke and Hull are all worse teams than us imo.
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

Stop spoiling the moment!

But true they are relegation material, another to add to the list of who should finish below us...
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

In the post match interview, Fat Sam looked not-so- suspiciously like he had a syrup on. Gray crop at the sides with black zig zags of hair overlapping - I think the truth should be told!
double D

Post by double D »

Ok so we didn't play well but we got the result and its 3 points we really needed. :raver:

I had to drive back from work and lsiten to it on 5 live and I'd just like to say what a Lawro Steve Stone is, so biased towards the Mackems, you would think that they would have co commentators that are not biased or one from each corner. :x
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Good team performance. Plus points: parker, collins, upson, llunga. Behrami. Negative points: bellamy and cole were awful.
Last edited by saludo de carlitos on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

westlondonhammer wrote:f***ing Sky Sports f***ing commentators and 'experts'... total bunch of twats... fat sam seemed to be the only one who wasnt blinded by some kind of bias against us... what were those twats on that sunderland fansite going on about the media loving us the other day on?

Anyway, who said Zola cant play ugly? :lol:

That was the sort of performance we needed and 2 clean sheets in a row after so long without is brilliant... some credit has to go to the management team :thup:

Collins, Upson, Iljunga, Neill, Parker, Behrami... all brilliant... Green did what he had to and Faubert protected Neill when he needed too... Bowyer was alright, Cole had a good first half but was poor in the second imo and Bellers was as hardworking as ever without much sucess!

Agent Anton... well done... done your best to try to give us a goal
agreed. thats the result of the season so far...whatever happen against the dippers, scum and filth-we've got two clean sheetson the trot and some confidence.

****ing love it !
Josie112002

Post by Josie112002 »

Think we have to accept that everyone hates us now, including the commentators..

Sod them all-now how do we stop the icelandic mob selling all our players!
mankytoes

Post by mankytoes »

Three hours without conceding :D That made me nervous as anything, but came good in the end, brilliant stuff.

As others have said, Collins was great. How many interceptions did he make? And Upson kept Jones, who gave us so much grief last year, out the game. I can honestly say if Anton was still with us, I wouldn't even consider wanting him to start.

Someone thought Neil played well, I don't know if i'm prejudice down to his previous performances, but he worries me so much when he has the ball.

Does anyone else think Parker is our real captain out there? Seems like a real influence, excellent performance today.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

The second clean sheet in a row! Good work!

Positives -
Zola playing another formation.
Parker - quality
Cole - great attitude, and a great game
Collins & Upson - Good partnership
Substitutions - good timing & right players

Negatives -
Letting opposition dwell on the ball
Faubert - it's time for LBM to play a game from start
Di Michele - how is it possible to not chase the ball and close the opposition down when you are only going to play for ten minutes?

Looking forward to the next game!
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Thoughts on Faubert everyone?...

I thought he was much better today, especially on the tracking back side of things.
Josie112002

Post by Josie112002 »

Bit harsh on Neill thought that he looked pretty good and the whole back four was well organised..

Agreed that Parker is captain material also but thought that Neill leads really well-at the end he managed to calm Bellamy down (a bit!)-other captains may have left him to it
simon hammer
Has liked: 994 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Tel The Hammer wrote:Thoughts on Faubert everyone?...

I thought he was much better today, especially on the tracking back side of things.
Improved on previous performances but can still improve a great deal. Didn't look too happy when subbed...wether that was because he felt he hadn't played well enough or because he just didn't want to go off I don't know.

Interesting to note that he's got the nickname TGV...which proves, with delicious irony, that the trains really are faster in France than in England. :D
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Tel The Hammer wrote:Thoughts on Faubert everyone?...

Thought he supported Neill very well defensively but I would like to see more from him going forward and running at players... but then again it was a nice ball to Neill which drew the foul for the goal so its all swings and roundabouts
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

Fantastic result, and so important. We have 4 tough games now up until Christmas. I think we can get something at Anfield and against Spurs at home.

Can't believe how close the table is. Everton are in 7th and only 2 points above us... If things don't go our way and we drop into the bottom three, the table is still going to be so tight that a couple of wins will get us clean out.

We just need to will Wigan, Blackburn, and WBA to keep losing
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Diouf looked well fat! :lol:
tugboatpete

Post by tugboatpete »

SENSIBLE ASSESSMANT=
I thought collins was immense -the reason their striker jones was taken off(remember last year how he run upson ragged)
bowyer was solid ,touches from faubert were ok but still not enough wing play
bellemy wants shagging -when he looks at that 1on1 99 out of 100 you dont go to the right!!
The slagging off of cole is unwarented -you have to look at the service he is given -ie long hoofs up the pitch etc
The biggest problem i have is the way we looked like chelsea two years ago to the point of -we have scored and even though we are all over them we are are now going to defend!!!!
when are we going to look like scoring 2 goals
kevin miller

Post by kevin miller »

Amazingly , i was totally at ease second half, immence defensive performance especially from Ginge, never a penalty, thought Cole did OK ,as he was fouled every time the ball was played long to him, f*** Gray ,Redknapp (both of them) ,And Fat unemployed bloke ,COME ON U IRONSSSSS
TampaHammer

Post by TampaHammer »

THE GIBBINS wrote:Diouf looked well fat! :lol:
I noticed that, too. Looked a bit pudgy. Great, though. Maybe he'll eat himself to death.