West Ham Utd 0 Tottenham 2 (08/12/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Re: West Ham United vs T*ttenham: match thread

Post by bubbles1966 »

libero wrote:We should have kept the shape of the team. Zola took off Faubert, Parker and Mullins and brought on Di Michele, Tristan and Noble. Net result, we lost any semblance of control of the ball in midfield. I call that bad tactics. Di Michele for Bellamy, Tristan for Cole, Noble for Mullins - maybe. But you leave your team with no midfield and you are not going to get a goal and very possible you'll concede a second. Even in the closing minutes you have to keep your head tactically

I'm a Zola fan, but I think he showed tremendous naivety tonight
The lousy 2nd half started on 58 minutes with the removal of Faubert..

Faubert was definitely the right one to take off...... but Boa Morte should have come on - Behrami to the right.

Noble to right midfield was a dreadful decision and we immediately started to concede the midfield. All that followed was entirely predictable.

The persistence with DDM is a real irritant, and his presence plus the existence of the Tristan we have is a dreadful indictment of teh way the board have run the club and what Nani is there to do.

Its a bloody good job that played some great attacking, winning football at home back in August,
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Well that was money well spent :lol:
First thing's first, and I've got to get this off my chest:
Any one who has ever read any of my posts (c'mon there must be somebody) will know that I never slag off our own players. I'm even a fully paid up member of the Hayden Mullins fan club...case in point. BUT...
Julien ****ing Faubert :shock:
I have waited 18 months now for this bloke;' the TGV', French footballer of the year, to show me something...anything.
It's time to call a spade a spade; Faubert is utter, utter gash and pound for pound the worse signing we have ever made.
There I did it.
As for the game itself, and seeing I'm in an unusually philosophical mood, here are the plain facts. Sp**rs' won because they have better players than us in almost every position. Go through the elevens...only Rob Green and possibly Ilunga would've made their team. There are some teams in this league that we can outpass...Sp**rs ain't one of em. Not with Modric, Jenas, Bentley and Lennon playing. They didn't even play that well.
That's it really. I need to lie down. Nurse!

:crest:
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

caramelcod wrote:Carlton Cole:

I thought he was fantastic today (relatively)

His touch was brilliant, every time it came to him he brought it down with one touch and laid it off. Well done that man, pity the rest of the team weren't doing much.

**awaits lynching from boo boys**
He did two things of note :-

1. Gave the ball away with a sloppy pass then ran back and retrieved it with a good tackle.
2. Shimmied his way past three spurts players only to get tackled by Faubert. :lol:
whufc4life

Post by whufc4life »

Not long got back myself. The fact is both teams were awful with no ideas what so ever.

The only saving grace is the fact we are not the only ones in the league struggling to score.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

delbert wrote: He did two things of note :-

1. Gave the ball away with a sloppy pass then ran back and retrieved it with a good tackle.
2. Shimmied his way past three spurts players only to get tackled by Faubert. :lol:
...which ironically was the one thing that Faubert did of any note :lol:
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

I actually thought tonight that Faubert was one of the best of a very poor bunch. At least we actually had some width when he was on. He put over a couple of good crosses too, which is a lot more than Noble did (not entirely his fault - what's the point of playing him out wide?).

Parker was our best player on account of him not giving the ball straight back to Spurs every time he had possession.
caramelcod
Location: Back in Chadwell Heath after a couple of years exiled in Leamington Spa

Post by caramelcod »

MD_HM wrote:Cant understand blaming Zola too much as he come in with a squad he can not change with no management experience... Only criticism tonight was he should have took Cole off with 30 mins to go.

Green 7 : Couldn't really stop the goals and nothing else to do all game

Neill, Illunga, Collins, Upson 7 : I thought we actually defended well, they only had 2 decent chances but scored from both....Although Neill and Illunga didnt get forward enough.

Behrami 8: Playing out of position again and didnt stop running all game, top professional

Parker 6: unable to get into game due to making up for Mullins being clueless

Mullins 3: Why? 2 years ago he wasnt good enough whats changed!!!!

Faubert 4: Didnt do anything apart from 1 decent cross.

Bellamy 6: Another player playing out of position (too deep/wide) due too midfield and strike partner not providing although wasted couple of chances.

Cole 2: 5 year deal ha ha ha..... good for the championship next season against the lower teams.... utter sh*t

Collison, Noble and sears should be in the starting XI instead of Mullins, Faubert and Cole..........
Are you having a laugh? Best player there today - bet you wrote that before kickoff
Last edited by caramelcod on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RWJ

Post by RWJ »

At the end of the day we got done because we can't score for ****!!

Behrami seems like the only 1 in midfield who is creative and capable of scoring. Mullins and Parker are good at what they do in winning the ball but apart from that, they dont create chances, dont score.

I would have Noble and Collison both in the middle as they have goals in them and can do everything else.
Why Curbishley paid 7 million for Parker when Mullins can do the same job i dont know.

Faubert??????? What the hell is wrong with him, he was such a good player in the french league, i've lost it with him.

Defensively we look brilliant but when the midfield keep losing the ball and up front Carlton cole being a waste of space, Bellamy running doing everything but scoring, the pressure gets the better of the defence.

Zola can only work with what he has got, at the moment we aint got the players simple as that.

Hopefully Dyer can come back QUICK!
Andy

Post by Andy »

cant be arsed to read through other comments before posting this and then going to bed. What a total load of utter b*llocks all across the pitch. no fight no passion, no imagination, no passing, no movement.

we looked and were second rate in every department.

relegation dogfight here we come. We will be in the bottom three come Christmas mark my words. that was relegation football tonight, and there was not one positive to take from it. f*** you West Ham, you dont deserve fans like this.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Green was fine as was Neill. Upson was ok.

Ilunga was repeatedly mugged defensively and Collins struggled with the movement of both forwards.

Mullins was our best midfielder by a street. The only one who passed the ball with anything resembling quality. Parker was ok.

Behrami runs about a lot but ultimately delivers very little.

Faubert was shocking in possession.....but we looked much better defensively with him in the team.

Cole and Bellamy were tidy but not very threatening until we conceded the midfield with Noble's arrival. All 3 substitutions were ineffective.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

caramelcod wrote:Carlton Cole:

I thought he was fantastic today (relatively)

His touch was brilliant, every time it came to him he brought it down with one touch and laid it off. Well done that man, pity the rest of the team weren't doing much.

**awaits lynching from boo boys**
:raver:
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

mattjp wrote:I actually thought tonight that Faubert was one of the best of a very poor bunch. At least we actually had some width when he was on. He put over a couple of good crosses too, which is a lot more than Noble did (not entirely his fault - what's the point of playing him out wide?).

Parker was our best player on account of him not giving the ball straight back to Sp*rs every time he had possession.
I'm sorry mate, I'm not having that :lol: This bloke was supposed to be the best player in the French league when we signed him! The best...in the entire French league. The French equivalent of Cristiano Ronaldo! :lol:
Has any one actually seen him go past anyone? He's not even quick for ****'s sake!
Only at West Ham :lol:
double D

Post by double D »

This is unforgiveable, if you cannot beat the Scum on your own patch why bother turning up. :x

I feel like I ve just been betrayed by the wife, it makes me ****ing sick :evil:

We have no creativness and we obviously cannot finish, Ok Carlton Cole is a grafter but as a striker you are judged on your goals an 3 this season is not good enough, why we have signed him on for another 5 years is beyond me, oh yeah maybe we are just getting ready for the Championship.
UniS-Hammer

Post by UniS-Hammer »

West Ham can f*ck off right about now.
I'm livid.
Di Michele is a c*nt. F*cking tying his shoe laces when we're on the attack? What the f*ck does he think he's f*cking doing?
Carlton Cole is a c*nt. Lazy, not interested, sh*t footballer, but a f*cking clever b*stard. I have no idea how he managed to convince the c*nts at the top he is worth a 5 year deal?
BG is a c*nt for screwing the club out of every penny. If you can't maintain it, f*ck off.
Duxbury is a c*nt, lying, sly, sh*tc*nt.
Nani is a c*nt.
Sheff Utd. Don't go there.

I f*cking hate this club sometimes. But I guess that's why I love 'em too.

mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

Morocco Mole wrote: I'm sorry mate, I'm not having that :lol: This bloke was supposed to be the best player in the French league when we signed him! The best...in the entire French league. The French equivalent of Cristiano Ronaldo! :lol:
Has any one actually seen him go past anyone? He's not even quick for f***s sake!
Only at West Ham :lol:
Clearly this injury he picked up has ****ed him over. Lack of confidence and lack of ideas. A case of the Boa Mortes - I seem to remember the Boa of Fulham beating players and popping up with good goals.
Andy

Post by Andy »

UniS-Hammer wrote:West Ham can f*ck off right about now.
I'm livid.
Di Michele is a c*nt. F*cking tying his shoe laces when we're on the attack? What the f*ck does he think he's f*cking doing?
Carlton Cole is a c*nt. Lazy, not interested, sh*t footballer, but a f*cking clever b*stard. I have no idea how he managed to convince the c*nts at the top he is worth a 5 year deal?
BG is a c*nt for screwing the club out of every penny. If you can't maintain it, f*ck off.
Duxbury is a c*nt, lying, sly, sh*tc*nt.
Nani is a c*nt.
Sheff Utd. Don't go there.

I f*cking hate this club sometimes. But I guess that's why I love 'em too.

what he said.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

caramelcod wrote: Are you having a laugh? Best player there today - bet you wrote that before kickoff
Wrote it after getting back from game.... Did he touch the ball more than 5 times in second half.... cant understand how people can rate the striker that dont score........ Id rather a player who puts in 10% effort and scores than 100% and cant hit a barn door with shots or passes... its like playing with 10 men when cole plays....
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

We lack creavitiy and a goal scorer, Neil played quality, considering the last few times Lennon has mugged him off, Cole won a lot in the air, Bellamy has to be dropped every time he gets the ball he just looks up and shoots it in to row z, DDM is beyond words,
shreddie

Post by shreddie »

mattjp wrote:I actually thought tonight that Faubert was one of the best of a very poor bunch. At least we actually had some width when he was on. He put over a couple of good crosses too, which is a lot more than Noble did (not entirely his fault - what's the point of playing him out wide?).

Parker was our best player on account of him not giving the ball straight back to Sp*rs every time he had possession.
I thought Faubert was poor to be honest although he did offer a lot more width than Noble, guess we have learnt from this game that Noble isn't a right sided midfielder and having 4 strikers on doesnt mean we will create more chances! My MOM would be Ginge put his head on everything as always!
whufc4life

Post by whufc4life »

Im assuming those that are saying Cole had a good game tonight are fishing...

Whilst i appreciate he is not the only striker who isnt scoring at the moment fact is he doesnt even look like scoring and i really cant think of anything he did right tonight.

How we barely even managed to test the Premierships worst goalkeeper is beyond me and we are going far too many games not testing the opposing goalkeepers.

Any team that plays us could play whoever they wanted in goal and i dont think the previous set of results would of changed. Infact when was the last time we were denied by a good save from a goalkeeper? We either shoot wide, over or straight at them.