West Ham Utd 0 Manchester Utd 1 (08/02/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: West Ham United vs Manchester United: Match Thread

Post by w4hammer »

its going to be a hot bed of managerial hotshots in the directors box....Capello will be there as usual, however The Special One is also due to come and see the mancs in preparation for their chumps league game...lets hope we send him away with a few ideas how to unravel the mancs!
I am law

Re: alex ferguson why do west ham hate us so much?

Post by I am law »

I don't hate Man U, in the same way as I dislike Liverpool, Chelsea or the North London clubs, but there is something about why we are supporters that comes to the surface when they visit The Boleyn.

It may be tin hat time to say this, given the arse-ache some people get from the prawn sarnie parts of their support, but I actually rate the travelling Man U fans as some of the loyalest and wittiest around.

There is nothing more chastening than hearing that song '2 (or whatever) nil in your cup final'.

So, I enjoy their coming to play us. And, when we beat them, I enjoy it even more. The games against them are a reminder of what it used to be like.
DoubleDave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by DoubleDave »

I8CHAVS wrote:f*** off you self important red nosed scottish c***.

IS THE CORRECT ANSWER :thup: :thup:
jevs
Has liked: 477 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by jevs »

ooh look who it is wrote:i'd rather Utd win the lot than Arsenal or Chelsea.

I have to admit I celebrated the winning the champs league last year as if they were me own. The thought of Chelsea being champions of europe is something that must not happen, ever.
What he said :thup: ....there was only me and my WHU mate in the pub supporting the Mancs that night. At the end, we were dancing round the pub like the Hammers had won the champs league. How we ever got out of that boozer without even a single slap is beyond me :lol:
carlokilkennie
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by carlokilkennie »

it's just brilliant to beat 'em.they have superstars on £140,000 a week who expect to beat us.so when we turn 'em over it's absolutely fookin' wonderfull,COYI..... COYI......COYI......COYI...... :raver:
double D

Post by double D »

My hatred for the Reds pales into insignficance compared to my hatred for the Spuds and Chelscum :wink:
I am law

Post by I am law »

I am law wrote:I don't hate Man U, in the same way as I dislike Liverpool, Chelsea or the North London clubs, but there is something about why we are supporters that comes to the surface when they visit The Boleyn.

There is nothing more chastening than hearing that song '2 (or whatever) nil in your cup final'.
Sorry to quote self, but on the same tip, re their piss-take chants:

@ phil thompson when he was with the scousers - 'get your nostrils, get your nostrils, get your nostrils off our pitch'

@ rangers when they got spanked at ot in the cl - 'premier league - yer havin a laff' this became 'nationwide, yer havin a laff' followed by 'sunday league,' '5 a side' and ending with the magnificent 'subbuteo - yer havin a laff'

@ peter crouch - 'does the circus, does the circus, does the circus know you're here?'

More here, plus an explanation for the socks at Goodison...
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Personally don't have a problem with Man U at all, would rather they won everything than Ase, Chelski, Mickeys etc.

But I always look forward to their visit because they are the best team in the country, maybe the World so to see us beat them regulary brings me great amounts of joy!
Express Pete

Post by Express Pete »

DoubleDave wrote:
IS THE CORRECT ANSWER :thup: :thup:
Is probably the right sentiment but shirley no one can deny he's the best British manager of all time? :crest:
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Agree with a previous poster that their away support is very good. Their anti-England banter I find slightly irritating and Fergie thinking he can infleunce...the papers.........the FA.............the premier league....................referees also pisses me off.
Darling

Post by Darling »

I dislike all teams north of Watford...but hatred is only reserved for 3/sometimes 4 teams...manure, Bolton, and Spurs and now again...Liverpool

I loath anything associated with Manure. The monkey northern accent, the dump of a city, and especially the way how all plastic foreign fans of the premier league follow either manure or the stupid scousers (especially here in Norway).

I would favour Chelsea or Arsenal winning the league over manure everytime, and nothing in football gives me more pleasure than stuffing those n' monkeysunder the lights at the Boleyn.
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

I am law wrote: genius
Brilliant.

Can't get the b*stard song out of my head now.

*walks off humming*
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

I am law wrote:I don't hate Man U, in the same way as I dislike Liverpool, Chelsea or the North London clubs, but there is something about why we are supporters that comes to the surface when they visit The Boleyn.

It may be tin hat time to say this, given the arse-ache some people get from the prawn sarnie parts of their support, but I actually rate the travelling Man U fans as some of the loyalest and wittiest around.

So, I enjoy their coming to play us. And, when we beat them, I enjoy it even more. The games against them are a reminder of what it used to be like.
Essex bill wrote:Personally don't have a problem with Man U at all, would rather they won everything than Ase, Chelski, Mickeys etc.

But I always look forward to their visit because they are the best team in the country, maybe the World so to see us beat them regulary brings me great amounts of joy!
both of these are spot on in my book

can only admire what manchester united as a football club do, they play the game how we would love to see it played they are one of the best users of the youth set up at the club, something we do, they win everything by playing the way they want to play not stopping the other team they go out to win every game by scoring more than the opposition,

i look forward to these games more than any other, its the biggest test in domestic football, every club sees the manchester united home game like this and manchester united have a derby type game every week no other club has that but to have our club picked out by fergie of all the clubs he plays as the ones who he notices hate him must show some respect to us, and credit to us as a club that we can unhinge his team a bit, its our duty as supporters of our club to get our team going and do as much as possible to affect them, for some reason against fergies lot our crowd come together as one and give it everything, because we are up againsty the best both on the pitch and there away support off it, i think we should be very proud of our club for getting that much recognition
TampaHammer

Post by TampaHammer »

Anyone got a stream for the match?
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

I dislike Man U... but I dislike Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal more!

I used to admire their youth set-up, but now merely see it as a glorified Arsenal... buying their youth from abroad, but at a heavy premium... a real heavy premium... also people talk about chelsea buying sucess over the last few years, but I doubt they have half as many 10 million + players in their squad as Man U do at the current time, let alone 25 million + players

Another thing that bugs me (this is more with the media i guess)... there is only 1 united in the league... really?

But alas, I know some decent Man U supporters who are quite knowledgable about football... Man U always produce the goods, beating them or getting a point against them always feels pretty amazing... one of my young memories of west ham achieving something that I see as making us who we are was the final game of the Blackburn title winning season thanks to our Man U result... probably the only time I went to primary school (being the only west ham supporter in it) and being able to gloat about a west ham result that had made such a significant impact.

I'd love to think we can get a result tomorrow, but at the end of the day I will just be happy with a decent, attractive, attacking performance. If we can perform well tomorrow and come away with our pride in tact than it makes other stand up and take notice. Talk of relegation would disappear and we would then start getting the deserved recognition... because despite some good performances recently, I still think we havent be recognised how we should

COYI... 2-0 whu win is my optimistic prediction :wink:
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

Green, Neill, Collins, Upson, Ilunga, Parker, Behrami, Collison, Noble, DDM, Cole.

SUBS: Stech, Tomkins, Spector, Kovac, Boa Morte, Sears, Tristan.

That would be my team... we are playing some great stuff and I think we'll give Man Utd a real good game, but being totally honest will be happy with a point!
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

Sorry I meant Savio on the bench, not Sears.
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

He's just playing mind games to try and galvanize his side, last season he was saying tevez will get abuse as we always abuse our old boys, then rio, carrick and carlos all got a great reception.. I see Fletcher has already come out and said our 'hatred' will only make them more determined. Stupid c****