" Can you identify these people?"

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Forever Moore

Re: " Can you identify these people?"

Post by Forever Moore »

Sorry Prince, you have lost me (as did clawhammer before you) if you are saying there are no absolutes in this particular argument (as to a stabbing). Why are there no absolutes in determining when to inform?
I am not going to reiterate about consciences, lines, morality and decency but surely there must be in your mind a place as to where you would be outraged if someone crossed that 'line' or do you just widen the boundaries as long as it doesn't involve your goodselves?
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

clawhammer wrote:It was illegal to harbour Jews in occupied Europe during the war but brave people did it and grasses informed on them and this led to many deaths.
This is a very important point for those who call for a few mugs to be grassed "for breaking the law".

It is also an example of why I do not accept the rule of law.

Laws made by corrupt, poorly educated and intellectually challenged politicians that I didn't vote for.

I decide my actions based on my own moral judgement.

These poor fools let their excitement get the better of them, they behaved stupidly. But no real harm was done, and the threatened lifetime ban is entirely disproportionate.

I conclude that grassing them up would be entirely immoral.

And then I read how some would grass just for fun, "cos the bloke's a tool", and how the East End "is the cesspit of humanity".

I shudder.

Personally I blame the parents. And Thatcher (I know exactly what Oldun is getting at, unfortunately those who were affected don't, but that was part of the plan, wasn't it?).
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

dapablo wrote:why so much emotion, this could be an interesting discussion if people kept off the abuse
Sorry! I wasn't really going to flatten Georgee P with my hammer :wink:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Forever Moore wrote: Sorry! I wasn't really going to flatten Georgee P with my hammer :wink:
You'd hand yourself in to the police before you'd even get close to me with your hammer.
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

:lol:
Making me out to be a saint now! I would flatten you first in real life, then hand myself in when remorse overcame me and I saw the consequences of my actions! Some of this lot would allow me to get away with murder though! Lucky for you I do have a conscience, unlucky for you, you would be dead :think:
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Forever Moore wrote::shock: clawhammer I truly can't believe that last post of yours! That's what I would class as grasping at straws!

If you don't know where to draw the line, in all seriousness, you need help!
I honestly don't know where you are coming from. In communist East Germany there were a huge number of "informants" on the state payroll. Never having murdered, stabbed, or fiddled with kids (why do we call Child Molesters "paedophiles???) and trying to lead a reasonably decent life I am increasingly aware that my freedom is being whittled away by those who are prepared to report me for using the wrong colour bag for my refuse or unwittingly doing 37 mph in a 30 limit (even though there is no danger) because "it is against the law". Well all laws aren't necessarily right and punishments are not always in proportion to the crime. We are being asked to grass on fellow Hammers who simply displayed their stupidity and immaturity. Earlier I identified 3 groups...the Police, Hooligans and violent twerps in the West/STBS corner who were far more responsible for the trouble. We give up our freedoms and grass on people to the state at our peril. For sure the examples I give were at the extreme end of the spectrum but it is the way we are going and the MENTALITY of the petty grasses is exactly the same.
As a side note I don't know what the poster who talked abuse is referring to as I thought we were having a proper discussion/argument is the best sense of those words. Disagreeing is not abuse.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Forever Moore wrote::lol:
Making me out to be a saint now! I would flatten you first in real life, then hand myself in when remorse overcame me and I saw the consequences of my actions! Some of this lot would allow me to get away with murder though! Lucky for you I do have a conscience, unlucky for you, you would be dead :think:

If someone hits me with a hammer you are in it up to your neck now, I bet you do an Arthur Fowler.
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

You don't know where I am coming from :shock: I am coming from the discussion we were having regarding whether or not you would inform if you knew who stabbed the person at the match!
You seem to be drifting out to sea on a lilo conjuring up all sorts to validate your lack of conscience! Are you sure your neighbour only grassed you up for not tying up a litter bag? I think there could be all sorts of skeletons in your cupboards. Literally! What are you hiding? Come on you can trust me, I am a fellow West Ham supporter. United we stand eh?

:lol:
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

Forever Moore wrote:Sorry Prince, you have lost me (as did clawhammer before you) if you are saying there are no absolutes in this particular argument (as to a stabbing). Why are there no absolutes in determining when to inform?
I am not going to reiterate about consciences, lines, morality and decency but surely there must be in your mind a place as to where you would be outraged if someone crossed that 'line' or do you just widen the boundaries as long as it doesn't involve your goodselves?
If I saw a friend run onto the pitch, I for one wouldn't waste my time in reporting them to anybody. If I had the misfortune of witnessing them stab someone, then my views on that person would totally change and it then becomes a different kettle of fish.

It’s all about conscience I suppose. If you knew somebody who'd run on to the pitch, could you honestly say that it would keep you awake at night with worry?
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

Prince, do keep up! I refer you to the above which explains claw and I were discussing a stabbing!
You lot are hard work. Go get some idea where you would draw the line please while I have a brew!

Sorry prince, you have some sort of conscience then, I didn't see that bit before I went for liquid refreshment.

It only veered off the beaten track because it was mentioned about the stabbing at the match by clawhammer! I think.
Lost the will to look back.
oh and Georgee

you can Image how dare you compare me to Arthur bloody Fowler of all people!
Last edited by Forever Moore on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Forever Moore wrote:Prince, do keep up! I refer you to the above which explains claw and I were discussing a stabbing!
You lot are hard work. Go get some idea where you would draw the line please while I have a brew!
You have gone off topic - the people that we are being asked to identify are guilty of nothing more than pitch invasions.
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

Forever Moore wrote:Prince, do keep up! I refer you to the above which explains claw and I were discussing a stabbing!
:oops: sorry, please don't grass me up for being slow :wink:
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

Rules are for the guidence of wise men and the blind obedience of fools....
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

****ing grass

grassing on your own :oops:

I hope you never made any mistakes when you were young
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

or then again we could just revert to streotypical verbatim responses that don't actualy engage the brain, as was !
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

wibblissimo.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Related news.

A fan who ran on to the Old Trafford pitch and was shoved by Manchester City's Craig Bellamy has been banned from all matches for three years.

Bricklayer Jake Clarke, 21, from Chorley, Lancashire, admitted sprinting on to the pitch during Manchester United's 4-3 win over City.

He told Trafford Magistrates he "deeply regrets" his behaviour at the match on 20 September.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 283134.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lets see what happens to our 'criminals' eh? :eh:
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

10 Iron wrote:no 3 was Bishy :twisted:
Where did this little gem come from? :shock:

It isn't ne, because if it was I would have grassed myself up!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

snube wrote:
I like that fionn kiely says if we did we should go take a long hard look at ourselves, ha, this guy cracks me up
:lol: :| :oops:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Forever Moore wrote:Sorry Prince, you have lost me (as did clawhammer before you) if you are saying there are no absolutes in this particular argument (as to a stabbing). Why are there no absolutes in determining when to inform?
If I may join the discussion :wink:

For me there is a line. Take "minor" offences:-

1/ Dropping litter
2/ Drunk and disorderly, no violence just "happy"
3/ Running on a football pitch without assaulting anyone

No, I wouldn't grass them. I do know someone who ran on the pitch the FIRST time and I was ripping the piss out of him before these photos were published.

Then you have major offences:-

1/ Stabbing
2/ GBH
3/ Kiddy fiddling

There is no question here normally.

But how about a real world scenario. My sister's boyfriend beat her up and she wouldn't testify, I dragged him out of the pub and put him in hospital. No one grassed as they all knew why I did it.

See in real life there is no completely black and white answer and clawhammers examples are very valid.