West Ham sold

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Re: West Ham for sale (again)

Post by Larry »

OLDUN wrote:Jason Burt says its true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-Ham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just wish we knew a bit more about Intermarket and who is behind them.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

We are told that there are multiple bidders. We only know about G and S. The rest, Fernandes included remain a mystery so its not just Intermarket. :think:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

OLDUN wrote:Jason Burt says its true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-Ham.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The timing of the article coincides with the increasing speculation as to who these people are. It seems to show that this group are real and potential players; they seem keen to remind us that they did sign a 'non-disclosure' agreement. :think:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 668 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Number9 wrote:Sorry Trap, didn't make that very clear
Upson is the only 1st team player to be sold if the club is still in the hands of the bank.
As far as I know Intermarket haven't expressed a view on this either way and nor should they.
Gilbert & Sullivan telling the fans they won't sell Upson is just a load of old fanny, something they have a history of I think.
N9,

Didn't mean it to sound as if I was digging you out, and probably should differentiate between players being actively sold, and players wanting away, Behrami in this instance.

However I have heard that generous rather than silly bids will be accepted for first team players and any money recouped from those sales will go towards strengthening. My source on this occasion was having a conversation with a first team squad member.

Green is unhappy with his contract, but it seems the club are happy to sit tight on this at the moment.

The squad is pretty tight, with no ego problems like they had in the past and the dressing room atmosphere is good.

That is all i could find out, tagged on to a lame "xmas wishes" phone call from me :lol:
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

hammerdivone wrote:Trap - can you now confirm G&S are not carrying out due dilligence at the moment?
No, they are in the process.

I'll think you'll find that a couple of posters are agreeing with this.

Due Diligence isn't something done only when successful in having a bid accepted. It can be done at anytime so my comments are not hinting at who will win the race for West Ham.

Hammer Scout - good post sir. :thup:
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

Ok, Number 9, Pezza, Hammer scout or anyone that seems to be ITK'ish about the intermarket bid. Do we know what sort of funds they are likely to hand to Mr Zola?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Please pull this off intermarket, save our club. :crest:
With David Byrne at the helm, are we on a road to nowhere?
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:Please pull this off intermarket, save our club. :crest

...more like; stop making sense... :D
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

IF there really are four interested parties let's all hope that CB Holdings realise there will not be a bidding war between them.
These parties all seem interested in buying the club, but they are not desperate enough to pay silly money.
And it is very likely that CB Holdings will not get more money out of it if they wait for a deal to happen in the summer.

So CB Holdings - for the sake of all that's good about West Ham: Look at the offers on the table, choose one you like or which gives you the most money (or both) and run. And please please never ever return to Upton Park!!!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

prophet:marginal wrote:Please pull this off intermarket, save our club. :crest

w4hammer wrote:...more like; stop making sense... :D
Thank You, for sending me an Angel
:thup:
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

HamburgHammer wrote:So CB Holdings - for the sake of all that's good about West Ham: Look at the offers on the table, choose one you like or which gives you the most money (or both) and run. And please please never ever return to Upton Park!!!
I'd like to suggest otherwise.

Please gentlemen accept the purchaser who would appear to offer West Ham Utd the more secure future, thank you in advance.
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

Well said Dapablo.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Trap1 wrote:No, they are in the process.

I'll think you'll find that a couple of posters are agreeing with this.

Due Diligence isn't something done only when successful in having a bid accepted. It can be done at anytime so my comments are not hinting at who will win the race for West Ham.
Thanks Trap, just wanted to check following your 'discussions' with Tony and wasn't a dig.

Which means they are not the only ones carrying it out then if what I hear is correct?
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Well after reading burts article i'm alot more confident now that a deal will get done and if he's right that they were looking for
a return of about 50mill rather than the reported 80mill then maybe they will be prepared to cut their losses and take the 30 or
40 that intermarket or whoever may offer them!
Trap1

Post by Trap1 »

HD1,

My 'discussions' with Tony didn't include due diligence. The nature of the conversation will remain private but it was good to have a chat with him.
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

''Tony'' - it's not Cottee, an earlier post of his says that he lives in Shrewsbury ! Probably rules out Fernandez as well !
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by stammer »

feel free to correct me but would due diligence not be intrinsic to any valuation\bid being made, i.e. via accessto non-published financial info, further how could you make a bid without DD having occurred?
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

stammer wrote:feel free to correct me but would due diligence not be intrinsic to any valuation\bid being made, i.e. via accessto non-published financial info, further how could you make a bid without DD having occurred?
DD is in effect an audit of the company, if all the info provided to the buyer is correct then DD is not usually a problem.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1193 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Trap, out of interest, are you now taking the Intermarket bid more seriously?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1857 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Due Diligence.

You see a car advertised with low mileage, no marks on the bodywork, excellent interior and good tyres. Sounds just what you want. Do you believe the advert and buy it purely on the description, or do you carry out due diligence and actually check out all the claims yourself? Having seen it for yourself you would then either walk away as it's nothing like as described, or make an offer based on what you have discovered.