West Ham Utd 0 Blackburn 0 (30/01/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Re: West Ham vs Blackburn match thread

Post by [HH] »

JonG86 wrote:Jack Collison was w***, all right foot and that's not even good at set pieces.
:lol:

Diamanti has little to aim for. He has shown he can pick a pass when Stanislas and Hines are looking to get in around the back.

Collison's a good player and has very good feet, but fades like a fart in a hurricane.
pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by pbenjy »

BLT319 wrote:4 dropped points the last 2 games... :thdn:
Or unbeaten in three. Depends if your glass is half full or half empty.
Stoeff.at

Post by Stoeff.at »

a guy walks into an SM studio and wants to be punished. Domina gives him a season ticket for upton park.

Hm ...
Mr SouthLondon

Post by Mr SouthLondon »

matte791 wrote:

I'm thinking Zola would of loved to of played with 2 strikers, but the fact all Zola has is Nouble at the moment really tells you that we're short up front. Also if Cole was fit, he would of been on the pitch, so Zola obviously didn't even have that option.

4-5-1 was the only formation we could of played today, although Stanislas instead of Kovac from the start would of been a better option for sure.

:crest:
In all honesty, if hes fit enough to be on the bench... hes fit enough to start. Atleast if we started him we could of brought the game to bburn.

We're not even playing bad at the moment, theres just no guidance. The teams not managed well
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

The biggest issue for me is the balance of the side. We can't get round the back of times if we don't play with any width. I'm not his biggest fan but Faubert must play on the right side of midfield, i'd say behrami but his energy is better in the middle with either one of noble or parker with collison on the left. Spector RB and Illunga LB. There are no partnerships working together, there is a complete lack of understanding. 2 up front next match, Cole has more minutes under his belt with a weeks training should improve fitness. Diamanti should be no where near the side, he is like an under 15 sunday league player, look at me i'll shoot from anywhere because i'm the best, blah blah blah!! 20 minute impact player and thats it. Tackles like a little girl, silly free kicks all the time.

4-4-2 next week please Mr Zola, must create to score goals
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

tactically naive

yay :raver: 2007 cliche of the year makes a welcome return
Muddy
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Muddy »

the glass is definately half empty.
NorwayHammer
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by NorwayHammer »

The right footer on the left and vice versa **** is getting on my tits. Is there any empirical evidence anywhere in the universe to support such a daft idea (that's of course unless you are Ajax and are playing inferior teams week in week out)?

We are crying out for width and creativity+penetration from midfield.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Muddy wrote:the glass is definately half empty.
Depends what it's full of.
Mr SouthLondon

Post by Mr SouthLondon »

NorwayHammer wrote:The right footer on the left and vice versa sh*t is getting on my tits. Is there any empirical evidence anywhere in the universe to support such a daft idea (that's of course unless you are Ajax and are playing inferior teams week in week out)?

Barca
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

It's a good thing the wolves game has been prosponed.
We couldn't beat pompey.....POMPEY. We were **** at home against a bunch of pricks who think they're redbull cans. Lets hope we play wolves when we're actually half decent. :|
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Depends what it's full of.
Our glass is currently full of piss, so in that case it's full up to the bleedin top. Gawd im sick of these performances.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Apologies all...the rum is working....so just wanted to post again:

its a pass from Konchesky to Etheringtom from the six yard box, Etherinton now plays it back to Konchesky on the overlap, who in turn passess it back onto Etherington, who delivers a perfect cross it into the box where..........GOAAAAAAAAAAAL........Yeah like my dreams.... :crest:

Now going to watch the Carlito tribute again that someone posted.
COYI

Post by COYI »

NorwayHammer wrote:The right footer on the left and vice versa sh*t is getting on my tits.
Me too. Whenever we get up the left they are all cutting back onto their right foot and losing the ball.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 510 likes
Total likes: 1304 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

NorwayHammer wrote:The right footer on the left and vice versa sh*t is getting on my tits. Is there any empirical evidence anywhere in the universe to support such a daft idea (that's of course unless you are Ajax and are playing inferior teams week in week out)?

That I'll agree with!

The issue Zola has is that he's got too many central midfielders, and no wide players. I'd imagine if Boa Morte was fit he'd be playing wide left and offering us a whole different dimension.

If you had to pick two central midfielders from Collison, Parker, Noble, Behrami, Kovac - who would it be? Zola clearly wants Parker and Noble as the two "battling midfielders". You can't leave Behrami out because he's got 8 lungs. Then you've got Collison who's arguably the most gifted in control of the ball in our team. How Kovac keeps playing does boggle my mind :lol:
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by smuts »

Same old same old today.

No pace in midfield, no real width, all too narrow, etc etc...it's just too pedestrian in there with the likes of Collison, Noble, Kovac, Behrami etc all again offering not much going forward.

There must be someone we can take a punt on to liven it up in there? Moses will apparently go for £2.5 million, we are crying out for a left winger? Why not.........unless G & S have decided that they don't fancy splashing out £8 million in the window after all?
COYI

Post by COYI »

HammerMan2004 wrote: If you had to pick two central midfielders from Collison, Parker, Noble, Behrami, Kovac - who would it be? Zola clearly wants Parker and Noble as the two "battling midfielders". You can't leave Behrami out because he's got 8 lungs.
I'd take Parker and Collison if I'm honest. I'd like to see Behrami on the right and Diamanti on the left and two up front.
442 Defending, 433 Attacking with Diamanti pushing up. If that fails we can revert back to whatever it was we were doing today.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Annoying game. Glad it's over.
COYI

Post by COYI »

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola: "It wasn't a nice game."
Great, thanks for that!
Last edited by COYI on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jollyjohnny100

Post by jollyjohnny100 »

yes not ideal today but another point , a win is imminent next week then people will say thats a good run we are on 3 draws and a win .
Keep the faith and the inquest behind Zola & Clarke should stay till the end of the season
We need to remain positive and stick together

Come on you Irons
Last edited by jollyjohnny100 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.