West Ham Utd 3 Wigan 2 (24/04/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

goof

West Ham Utd 3 Wigan 2 (24/04/10)

Post by goof »

Just bought my ticket for the Bobby moore lower for this game and i am really excited,as i am coming all the way from Birmingham. I am hoping we have not messed it all up by then either way i felt that i had to make atleast one more home game despite of our future division,c.o.y.i. :D :raver: :P
Last edited by goof on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lennie Hammer

Re: West ham vs Wigan

Post by Lennie Hammer »

Well I'm glad this thread has popped up as I have bought tickets and will be going up with two of my cousin's… my first game for a few years, at The Boleyn!

I'll be in the chicken run if anyone fancies a pint at halftime?

:thup:
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

Wigan are offering free transport to the game. The minibus is warming up as we speak :D
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

To be fair hindley, the wigan that do come to ours are usually as noisy as any other set of fans that come down to the boleyn, regardless of numbers
North East Iron

Post by North East Iron »

Prob the game we leapfrog Wigan in the table, Massive game for us. This is prob as important as the bolton game a couple of seasons ago when Tevez scored that peach of a free kick 3 - 0 up in 28 mins if i remember correctly.

COYI
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

With Wigan's tricky run in a win for us will drag them right back into it. Losing is simply not and option.

Lets hope for a claret n' blue win double on Saturday.
North wales Hammer

Post by North wales Hammer »

Tin pot team in a tin pot town,hope we hammer them
goof

Post by goof »

Just tried to book my train ticket £146 return,gonna shop around me thinks
Headbanger
North wales Hammer

goof wrote:Just tried to book my train ticket £146 return,gonna shop around me thinks
Headbanger
FOOK ME £146 for a return,where do you live mate?its only cost me £28 return from rhyl to euston this weekend although i did buy the tickets a month ago
goof

Post by goof »

All the way from birmingham how the hell do they justify that :x ,i will set off walking in the morning might just make it.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

You can get a £15 return from Birmingham to London. :?
North wales Hammer

Never understand how they work the prices out mate,£28 from rhyl £146 from birmingham :thdn:
goof

Post by goof »

£15 pound return is that from new street or moore street mate,the £146 is from new street.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

If anyone watched the Man City v Wigan game last week you will have seen this team can play. What I saw the 3-0 did not reflect the game as they can really attack on the break. This is not going to be easy.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

I've wanted Wigan to go down all season what with Martinez leaving Swansea for them, taking a few players and the backroom staff with him. Add to that that knob of a chairman they've got. Hope we hammer them and send them straight down.
As for train tickets it's costing me £65.70 return from Neath on Saturday. Used to be about £27 a few years ago when they did the Apex tickets.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 808 likes
Total likes: 3022 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

speculator wrote:If anyone watched the Man City v Wigan game last week you will have seen this team can play. What I saw the 3-0 did not reflect the game as they can really attack on the break. This is not going to be easy.
Didn't see that game , but Martinez tries to get them to play good football , albeit a little naive at times .

They can pass for fun , just can't score , but they are the classic case of people disliking the club without looking at the team imo .

Not the worst side in the league by any stretch .
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

goof wrote:£15 pound return is that from new street or moore street mate,the £146 is from new street.
Moor St. Chiltern Railways. Not used it for a year or so, but I used to buy it all the time. May have gone up a little, but you certainly shouldn't have to pay anywhere near as much as £150. It's off-peak, but that shouldn't be a problem for getting to the game. I've travelled down for games on it before.
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Reasons to detest David Whelan part 94:

5 April 2009

"I don't just think British managers are the equals of their foreign counterparts, they are better - and what Steve (Bruce) and David (Moyes) are doing for their clubs proves that."Then there's Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa.
"We've got the best managers in the world here - English, Welsh, Irish and Scots. I'd never entertain a foreign manager for Wigan, and I don't think it's right that England have a foreign manager either."We are the home of football, for God's sake. I can't believe that we need foreign managers.

"I wouldn't go anywhere near one because I don't accept you must go abroad for your boss."

10 June 2009

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has confirmed Roberto Martinez will become theclub's new manager. Whelan successfully negotiated terms for Martinez's release from Swansea before holding talks with the former Wigan player. The deal was effectively sealed at the start of the week, with Whelan remarking: 'I am very excited about securing the services of Roberto Martinez.' Whelan believes the Spaniard can be a major success after stepping up for hisfirst job in the Barclays Premier League. 'I hold him in the highest regard. '
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

:D Sounds a bit schizo to me.
OFT
Has liked: 3233 likes
Total likes: 1850 likes

Post by OFT »

The most important thing is obviously our own survival but if in doing so we could help in some way to relegate that tin pot club and, in particular, that shifty, mouthy, opinionated ******** of a chairman then I shall be more than merely ecstatic.

They do however have an exceptional track record at The Boleyn Ground IIRC.

Trains:
An unfathomable operation is the rail network and in particular its pricing system.
Can't make the Wigwam game but got singles at 11 quid each way from Crewe for the Citeh game.