England 23 Man Squad

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mr SouthLondon

Re: England 23 Man Squad

Post by Mr SouthLondon »

Think Capello got it right here to be honest.

Apart from Warnock over Baines and Upson over Dawson.

Walcott out was a good shout...

The left is going to be a problem though, it was ideal to bring A Johnson but their literally was no one to sacrifice him for as J Cole & Milner can offer cover in other positions.

In all honesty, we might aswell let J Cole start on the left. Because theres no way in hell playing Gerrard there is gonna work.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

whufc4life wrote:Also how Upson, a player who even the majority of his own supporters havent rated this season gets called up when half a dozen centre backs in England have played better then him this season.
It is a little odd indeed if you base it on form, but I think the main couple of reasons for his inclusion are that firstly, he is left footed - which Capello likes - and secondly, he's also played a fair few games with both Ferdinand & Terry, so will have an immediate understanding with either of them if called upon.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

I agree to a certain extent with many of the comments, but still can't get my head around leaving Bent out, the bloke is clearly in **** hot form, do you not take your best inform players to the ultimate in footballing competitions.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

whufc4life wrote:Well i agree with you in parts RARS however to me the squad looks lacking of any attacking flair and is more of a workhorse team that is going to look to grind out results rather then outplay teams..
It's pretty much the same squad( minus Walcott, who most think on here shouldn't have gone) that beat Croatia 9-2 over 2 games.

The call for "donkey Dawson",(that was his nickname on here 18 months ago wasn't it) has me
perplexed. Regarding Carragher, he was the best option with Brown injured, who else is there, Phil Neville as right back cover?
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

carnage wrote:Regarding Carragher, he was the best option with Brown injured, who else is there, Phil Neville as right back cover?
Remember him?

:think:
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Bit off topic but why is dirty arry sniffing round Scott Parker in the sun today.

Also giving out the sob story about Joe Cole signing for someone.

For someone who does not like to talk abou other players he sure does spend a lot of time doing it.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

[quote="WestHamIFC :think:[/quote]

Same player that thought we thought we should be getting with £15 m in exchage for Upson!
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

WestHamIFC wrote:Ask Man City fans who they think is better - SWP out-of-position on the left or Johnson?
rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I don't care.

I've seen them both play myself.
Johnson has been very good, but I think he would struggle at international level at the moment, so I'd rather we started with Shaun Wright-Phillips, who is a seasoned international, who has produced the goods.

Likewise I don't care either.

SWP out-of-position on the Left tonight ahead of J.Cole / A.Johnson was a f**king disgraceful decision.

J.Cole / A.Johnson would have raped the US Right-Back (despite the fact it wasn't J.Spector :lol: ).

There's a reason SWP can't even get into the Man City first 11. That reason is A.Johnson,

SWP was about as effective on the Left as a BP attempt to stop an Oil spill. Story. End. Of.

Headbanger
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Adam Johnson did more tonight in 20 mins that SWP has done in his entire England career.

Controversial.
BabyClaret
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by BabyClaret »

Wright-Phillips is ****

Discuss.