Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

WestHamIFC

Re: Summer 2010 Transfer Talk/Rumours

Post by WestHamIFC »

mcinerney7 wrote:apparently kovac to get fined, he didnt sign for stoke because he brokedown in his medical ****ing injury
:think:

Or West Ham changed their minds:

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/ ... 161773.htm
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

pennywisepeter wrote:Rubbish.

Motherwell get paid this week, Cardiff are paying £20k a week, Man City pay the rest.
Well, the FA have asked Cardiff to prove that they're honouring their debts as well as paying Bellamy, so if they're doing it properly then there'll be no problem.............
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

With respect Trap, and I Understand the complexities of football transfers, but people, myself included, are not sure whether to trust your "sources" as all they appear to be doing is reaffirming what's been in the press, which is highly speculatative and often unfounded.
I think until you provide us with some info before the press gets hold of it then people will remain sceptical.

I could quite easily turn round and say "Remy is close to signing deal agreed" as I had also seen it in the press.

All IMVHO of course.
Irons Man

Post by Irons Man »

Trap1 wrote:You really are a pathetic no mark Wade.

We pulled out of the deal for Remy or went' cold' to use the words of the Nice President. An absolute waste of time engaging with posters like you.
Absolute waste of time? Pot, kettle.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Re: Anton Ferdinand

Post by steveyrockstar »

3 quite 'factual' points

1) this story is very likely presumptious guesswork to fill transfer gossip space on FansFC.com - how the hell do they know AF is eyeing a move back to west ham?

2) (in response to RARS) gabbs is clearly not a very good defender anymore, otherwise the respective west ham managers would be playing him regularly in what is, a very poor defence. If the reason he's not being played is because of fitness and injuries, then there's your answer as to why the management might want to bring someone like AF in.

3) judging by some of the views towards expressed AF here, the 8m Sunderland shelled out for AF clearly puts him in the upper tier as one of the biggest expensive prem flops in history, obviously not THE biggest alongside veron and shevchenko, but pushing for a europa league place alongside steve marlet.

i have expressed minimal views in the writing of this post.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

How the f*** people can dig others out on here because their info isn't always correct is beyond me.

Does it really affect you that much?

Jesus ****ing wept.

It's an internet forum
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Wade can be quite irritating as well.
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

If you only want rock-solid guaranteed stuff, then might I suggest http://www.whufc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?

This is an internet forum. I have my own ideas on who actually is ITK and who isn't and I believe them (or not) accordingly! Might I suggest that we all do the same?!
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

mattcox10 wrote:With respect Trap, and I Understand the complexities of football transfers, but people, myself included, are not sure whether to trust your "sources" as all they appear to be doing is reaffirming what's been in the press, which is highly speculatative and often unfounded.
I think until you provide us with some info before the press gets hold of it then people will remain sceptical.

I could quite easily turn round and say "Remy is close to signing deal agreed" as I had also seen it in the press.

All IMVHO of course.
Matt,

What pisses me off is how people select what they want to pull me up on. I gave this forum the first news on Neymar, the increased offers on Dorrans and Remy, the offer for Bellamy and I'm going totally against the grain on Parker. I'm pretty sure that you got first news on Illan, takeover stuff and Curbishley winning his tribunal all before the newspaper, the internet, your mum and Mystic Meg's crystal ball.

West Ham Matt makes a good point and maybe I need to take his advice and forget about engaging on this particular board of KUMB as it's full of people wanting to pick fights. It's a shame because the majority of fair minded but sadly the minority have the time on their hands to make it this experience not what it used to be.
Irons Man

Post by Irons Man »

OK, I clearly havent been around here long enough to give an opinion on trap.

Just quite how naive someone would have to be to believe that someone like Sullivan would break our transfer record twice is another thing though.
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Personally I believe that we are looking at these 10M players coz we are looking at sheding Parker and/or Cole, this depends on Liverpool actually raising the cash from proposed the Mascherano sale and if "arry :arry: wants to hijack a deal, this would/could give us a 20m+ pot, we could soften the blow to the fans by bringing in two or three 8-10M "Names" and all are happy in the end?

Or I could be talkin out of my arse.........
bobd_uk

Post by bobd_uk »

Sky are linking us with Matt Taylor

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 14,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Would stop him ****ing scoring against us.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

bobd_uk wrote:Sky are linking us with Matt Taylor

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 14,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I prefer his sister Jenny.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Matt Taylor would be a cracking little signing.

Just as long as the noofter rumours aren't true, of course.
Irons Man

Post by Irons Man »

bobd_uk wrote:Sky are linking us with Matt Taylor

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 14,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I always thought he was a decent player. Still, if we are playing 433 then his lack of pace will just make us as frustrating to watch as under Zolas 433 or last Saturday.
Spanner25
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Spanner25 »

Tel The Hammer wrote:Matt Taylor would be a cracking little signing.

Especially with UpBUMson around. There will be fudge packing all over the shop :D
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Tel The Hammer wrote:Matt Taylor would be a cracking little signing.

Might be some Upson downs?
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Irons Man wrote:OK, I clearly havent been around here long enough to give an opinion on trap.

Just quite how naive someone would have to be to believe that someone like Sullivan would break our transfer record twice is another thing though.
Easy let me explain...

£10 million set a side, first year down payment and wages for a player with good potential sale on value. I mean a player that has the potential to double is value in a couple of years.

Signing two would come from fees collected outgoing players with the rest strengthing other positions.

Problem..We can't sell them

Resolution

Use the money for the original big signing to strengthen areas in the squad. That explains why we travelled to France agreed a deal and then decided not to proceed. We've spoken to quite a few other big ticket transfer targets in european football and should we shift a few out you may get what you all want.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1645 likes

Post by last.caress »

mattcox10 wrote: I think until you provide us with some info before the press gets hold of it then people will remain sceptical.
IF the Ferreira thing pans out (BB has just reported it on another thread), maybe it's worth mentioning that Trap threw that out there about ten weeks ago. I guess sometimes these things come to something, sometimes they don't. Whether they do or not seems to dictate whether the ITK in question comes across as an ITK or a plum.

Personally, grateful for ALL the info (when it's not TOO cryptic)...