West Ham Utd 1 Blackburn Rovers 1 (07/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

garage
Has liked: 1 like

Re: West Ham United v Blackburn: Match Thread

Post by garage »

I know this has been said before but how the fuk can you employ a manager what's just sent another team down :eh:
smfc

Post by smfc »

Those who think we will get another 6 points and stay up are deluded. It hasn't been in our hands for some time now and lets remeber that Avram Grant has spent 74 out of 75 weeks in the bottom three.

The owners don't help either, I'm sure Green, Cole, Ba and anyone else with a potential international career were well motivated? Instead of saying "No one leaves, whatever division we are in they will be playing for us if they are under contract" the **** gives them a perfect get out of jail card. Cue players thinking "Relegation? What do I care, I'll be playing elsewhere next season if that happens... now wheres my ****ing loyalty bonus".

Nothing new today, Grant was extremely fortunate to get away with that 63rd minute double substitution with a point.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

do we get a refund from spuds under the sale of goods act?

whilst it was bad miss I still think he should have started and the damage has been done all season rather than a couple of misses from a loan player
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

garage wrote:I know this has been said before but how the fuk can you employ a manager what's just sent another team down

Ask Newcastle :lol:
Boleyn Bound
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Boleyn Bound »

Long time observer, rare poster. I always seem to think that my thoughts have been covered by other posters.

I have always been a positive supporter, we are West Ham, we will never challenge for major honours and to be honest I quite like that. It's all about those special moments that mean sooo much to us (beating the mancs 4-0, taking 4 points off of those dirty Spurs, resigning Sol Campbell to an early retirement, Ince's 2 belters against the bin dippers etc etc etc).

But...... and for the first time this season I do believe we are going down, the lack of passion today, the lack of belief and let's face it the lack of quality speaks volumes. Yeah, Grant is a fuckstick, never should have been there but that's what we've had and you always play the cards you're dealt. Unfortunately we was dealt a "7 high" hand, and you can't compete with that.

Personally I have seen us up and down more times than I care to remember, we'll be back - sooner rather than later and we all know it. We are indicative of the area we reside in. East London is run down and seen better days, same as the team.

We are all pissed off - for sure, but it's nothing new. f*** the money, f*** the premiership, f*** the current pricks running the club...

WE ARE WEST HAM and most of us have been around longer than the board, the players, the MDF towers, the piss taking tosspots that are Sky. We are and always will be claret and blue. Despite who's running the club, who's playing for us, and whatever the dodgy media think of us.

Keep everything in focus, we are the constant...............
:crest:
m-h

Post by m-h »

Thought first half we did ok going forwards 66/33 possession, but whatever semblance of shape/formation we may have had in the first half, went out the window in the second. I know we scored, but i have no idea what that was. Perhaps the tactics were just hoof it up top and hope something lucky happens. I don't think any of the forward five knew what they were meant to be doing, within reason. :) .

Oh well we snapped a five game losing streak if that means anything. Really thought we would win today. Has Keane decided he
doesn't want to play for us next season, just kidding. Just put the laces through the ball. Ughhhhh.
majestic

Post by majestic »

good post BB - my thoughts exactly...... :thup:
HammerForever

Post by HammerForever »

Boleyn Bound wrote:Keep everything in focus, we are the constant............... :crest:
very well said
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

We're a team who look clueless as to what they are doing on and off the ball - which is why for 80% of the second half we just lumped it up the pitch straight onto Samba's head, instead of actually trying to work the ball along the floor where we would cause Blackburn far more problems. The manager and the coach have to take responsibility for that.
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

Boleyn Bound. :thup:

Post more often fella.

Puffy believes everything he reads on t'interweb.

Lulz.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

I like your post BB. What saddens me the most is that if we had a decent management set up, I'm sure we'd be mid table.

The tactics of this manager defy all logic. I've felt for some time hasn't got a clue about football. I can't deal with that. How is that possible yet it appears so. Ba on the wing?! He's the best finisher at the club. 4 strikers on the pitch?! It took him 4 months to realise Kovac waan't good enough.

Anyway I hate the Prem. 4 or 5 Lords and the rest of us are peasants feeding on scraps. Some great, more local away games next year where tickets will be easier to come by.

Looking forward to it.
HammerForever

Post by HammerForever »

BBC Predictor for remaining games gave me this......

17 West Ham -21 39pts
18 Wigan -23 39pts
19 Wolves -23 38pts
20 Blackpool -26 36pts

It aint over til the fat lady sings!
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

I do not care if we had 64.21433% of the play, I do not care we had a lot of shots on goal. I shouted myself hoarse but they bottle it every major game. Oh and I do not care if people think I am kneejerking, I pay enough to see these reprobates.I will be there next season, and hope we get a ****ing heart.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

HammerForever wrote:BBC Predictor for remaining games gave me this......

17 West Ham -21 39pts
18 Wigan -23 39pts
19 Wolves -23 38pts
20 Blackpool -26 36pts

It aint over til the fat lady sings!
Can I have what you're on? :lol:
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

The agony is prolonged for another week!!

Still, time for dinner - I shall take solace in a barbecue, with humungus quantities of seared protein, and one or two tinnies.

As BB so eloquently put it (and I'm paraphrasing here), we'll still be here next year whoever is in charge, whoever is in the team, and wherever we find ourselves playing . . . .

Could be playing the O's??!
Boleyn Bound
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Boleyn Bound »

I can't argue with the majority, when the last 2 subs were made I just thought has Zola come back? Maybe Grant was thinking "well it worked for him?"
Seriously, we are Championship bound, anybody hanging on to other thoughts are more of an optimist than I. But we will be back, maybe not next season but the season after for definite.

I haven't had an ST for 2 years but because of the OS I will be buying one next season. How can you miss the last 2 years of the Boleyn? Whatever league we're in, whatever players are wearing the shirt, whatever nob-ends are running the club. Let's be real and changes are seriously afoot. But West Ham is as it is. How many of you will stop watching footy? Just because it's Palace rather than Chelsea...... does it really matter??
:crest:
HammerForever

Post by HammerForever »

obviously its been a disaster season but we can still do it. we can win both games and i honestly think we can stay up.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

barlimanrob wrote:Boleyn Bound. :thup:

Post more often fella.

Puffy believes everything he reads on t'interweb.

Lulz.

Ha ha. No I do not. I presume you have something between your ears. Why else do you think we had to climb down over MON and give Grant and give Grant a vote of confidence. I can't believe how igorant of the facts you and the few others on here like you are over this. It was well reported at the time and Gold even said as such, yet you think you are so big. It was common knowledge at the time that Sullivan and Brady wanted Grant gone, but the vote to remove him had to unanimous as they all wanted him in. Even if you wish to remain oblivious to the facts, if our board were unanimous in giving Grant the push last January, do you think he would still be here ?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

That was a performance by a team 100% going down today.

The point doesn't hide that. It also does not hide the fact that it MUST be clear to everyone now that Grant's not right for this club.

He doesn't know what he's doing anymore.
Hammered in Singapore
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Hammered in Singapore »

It took them 80 minute to wake up and when they finally did Keane fluffed his lines from the type of positions he was we took on loan to score from. Such is this season. With 2 games to go you just cannot see West Ham taking the next 2 games after the performance we’ve just seen. All 11 players combined to play as though it was an end of season run out. Yet Blackburn had 11 payers in one man, Samba. He epitomised all that WHU lacked all afternoon. Season over.