Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by ooh look who it is »

I had to endure bottles of wine for the journey home as everything else was gone. I think I got vodka and coke or something like that but other than the bar had been pillaged.
PTFC Hammer

Post by PTFC Hammer »

Me and a mate are driving down from Glasgow for this. Leaving at 10:00.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I'm gonna go for a 1-1 draw here, & certain, deserved relegation.
Middlesbrough Hammer

Post by Middlesbrough Hammer »

brewster wrote:Sorry to have to point this out but if Wigan win, we ARE down. We would only be able to get a maximum of 36 points and a Wigan victory would take them to 39. Wolves, Birmingham & Blackburn already have more than 36 so we would be buggered.
oh yeah, ****!
roblo
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by roblo »

roblo wrote:How about back the team from start to finish and stop being a massive c***?
beckton wrote:Blimey! Some imposter logged in under you're user name a few days ago on the I want my money back thread!
Really? How do my opinions contradict themselves? We've still got a chance of staying up, why waste it by hurling stupid remarks at the players/management/board, when we could be supporting the team?
neil_d
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by neil_d »

Not been to DW before, I've heard something about a "marquee" for away fans? Anyone know anything about that?

Still trying to decide if I'd be willing to part with £50 to travel on train, instead of the club coach...hmm...
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

Neil go to the matchhday travel section there is a coach leaving from Harlow £28 each

I also just got loads of paper streamers in the away kit colours and some inflatable hammers, the only problem with the hammers are they have got stars and stripes on them, looks like the football genius will have some support on Sunday!!
beckton

Post by beckton »

roblo wrote: Really? How do my opinions contradict themselves? We've still got a chance of staying up, why waste it by hurling stupid remarks at the players/management/board, when we could be supporting the team?

I actually think it's hypocritical of you to call someone else a massive **** for posting a few jokey songs.

Below is what you posted a few days ago, comparable to some of the best work of Harry Enfield as Kevin the teenager.
roblo wrote: Rubbish! I hate this stiff upper lip nonsense. Going up next week, and if we lose there's no ****ing chance I'm going over for the Sunderland game. Gonna stay at home, enjoy a lie in and avoid the football. And I wont offer my seat either. I want it to be empty, with the thousands of others.
WindmillWarrior

Post by WindmillWarrior »

neil_d wrote:Not been to DW before, I've heard something about a "marquee" for away fans? Anyone know anything about that?

yeah heard of that before but I've never seen it. It wasnt there last season. Red Robin is prob the best bet
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Come on the West Ham yoooooooo
roblo
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by roblo »

beckton wrote: I actually think it's hypocritical of you to call someone else a massive c*** for posting a few jokey songs.
A few jokey songs? The whole threads overriding with them. There was another thread about banners also.
beckton wrote:Below is what you posted a few days ago, comparable to some of the best work of Harry Enfield as Kevin the teenager.
It was pure hyperbole (as I pointed out) as a response to the nonsense that people were posting about that game. Many posts made it seem like "if you don't go to Sunderland game, even if we are down, then you're not proper West Ham". I was reacting to that.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

sanchoz wrote:Come on the West Ham yoooooooo
Oh no you reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Zk5N3G_4Y

:lol:
cockney boy

And possibly something else to lift our spirits

Post by cockney boy »

West Ham buoyed by Scott Parker's return from injury

Parker will hope to inspire West Ham's survival West Ham's influential midfielder Scott Parker is set to return to action for their must-win Premier League game at Wigan on Sunday.

Parker, 30, has missed the club's last four games, during which the rock-bottom Hammers have picked up one point as they try to stay in the division.

He trained on Wednesday for the first time after an Achilles tendon problem.

In April, England midfielder Parker was named Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association.

West Ham are four points adrift of safety with only two games remaining, meaning Avram Grant's side probably have to win both to stand any chance of staying up.

They will move above Wigan with a win at the DW Stadium on Sunday, before playing host to Sunderland on the last day of the season on Sunday 22 May.

Midfielder Jack Collison, who has just returned after more than a year out with a serious knee injury, says the players are doing everything they keep to try and keep West Ham up.

"The boys are working hard, the staff have put the hours in, but it is a matter of going out there now and doing it," said Collison.

"We have talked all season about how we are good enough to get out of it, but the league table does not lie and we have a cup final next week and the following week.

"We need two wins and hopefully that is enough."
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Is this on T.V lads? Kicking off at 4 I thought it was....
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Conga all the way to Wigan

Post by We_are_BML »

There was a thread the other day about this but i can't seem to find it. I for one will be treating sunday as a massive premership party so bringing all sorts inflatables, confetti and which ever i can get my hands on. Everyone should follow suit :thup:
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Re: Conga all the way to Wigan

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Good on yer mate. Might send the wrong message to the players and Grant though....would mix it up with a few "your not fit to wear the shirt" and "Grant out" if you don't mind. Only good thing about West Ham is the fans at the moment....we need to show our strength of feeling to the owners.
barlimanrob
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by barlimanrob »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Good on yer mate. Might send the wrong message to the players and Grant though....would mix it up with a few "your not fit to wear the shirt" and "Grant out" if you don't mind. Only good thing about West Ham is the fans at the moment....we need to show our strength of feeling to the owners.
Pardon?

:lol:
Ray Stewarts Right Foot

Post by Ray Stewarts Right Foot »

WE ARE WEST HAM'S CLARET AND BLUE ARMY!!!!

:crest:
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

I think this got merged with the Wigan match thread.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

Ah I see all the 'Justice Done' media b*llocks has already started:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 34469.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;