Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by w4hammer »

10 Iron wrote:8.45 train for me up there and with the rest of the world on the 7.14 train home. I expect the bar will be ransacked again like Stoke.

Not Guilty Yer honour
i did have the last three beers out of the bar coming home from stoke :lol:

there's an offy just outside the station on the right, and a decent chippy.

that red robin pub is ****ing usless- its doesnt even have sky TV FFS! There's an event room under the away stand we've always used
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Ah I see all the 'Justice Done' media b***ocks has already started:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 34469.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a c*nt David Anderson is, yeah all neutrals should support Wigan according to him, so how many England players have Wigan brought through David? Hope that Wigan stay up so players from Honduras and the like can improve and be brought through? Cr*p journalistic b*llocks, demoting a club over 1 player incident, as if no other club within their history has ever been fined over a player.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

goingunderground wrote:Is this on T.V lads? Kicking off at 4 I thought it was....
you down my way if it is?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:Ah I see all the 'Justice Done' media b***ocks has already started:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 34469.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Makes me laugh how The Mirror plays the 'bad guys must lose eventually' card. IF we all worked like that, we'd all still be boycotting their papers for falling for fake pictures featuring & accusing our armed forces.

Or question their journalists talking about integrity, but I guess a ton of people pursuing legal action against them over allegations of phone-hacking isn't necessarily related to the journalists in question or either case related to the current staff.

Unlike West Ham United. As Tevez gate, or whatever they call it, obviously happened last week.

As it is, none of that takes away from the fact that, IMO, the Mirror's sport coverage is an absolute joke in general, just hilariously poor, & the main reason to actually buy the rag that is The Sun.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

goingunderground wrote:Is this on T.V lads? Kicking off at 4 I thought it was....
Not on Sky, but it will on tv in quite a few pubs. I think Sky have chosen Chelsea v Newcastle and Arsenal v Villa, silly buggers Wigan v West Ham and Liverpool v spurs would have more like it.

We need goals a big win is a must, as well as 2 wins in 2 games
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

W.H.U wrote:how many coaches going up ? :
34 from the Club, so with privates around 40.
coxy wrote:Anyone on the 10.45 from Euston for this?
Yes 12 of us
neil_d wrote:Not been to DW before, I've heard something about a "marquee" for away fans? Anyone know anything about that?:
It's the function room under the stand inside the stadium, not a large tent outside.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Got the right match thread now, Self Preservation Society..............COYI.........
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

In Manchester the night before - gonna get down nice and early. Last time we went to the Red Robin but it was rammed. This marquee place sounds good and heard my gooner mates talking about it when they went up there, but not really the same as a pint in a pub. Just the four of us going up not in colours, so wouldn't mind having a local drop of ale. What's the boozers like in Wigan? Any tips or just Weatherspoons? PM me if need be, cheers.
WatfordHammer82

Post by WatfordHammer82 »

Anyone know where to park for this one?
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

WatfordHammer82 wrote:Anyone know where to park for this one?
Plenty of free parking available on the land around the stadium.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Re: Conga all the way to Wigan

Post by We_are_BML »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Good on yer mate. Might send the wrong message to the players and Grant though....would mix it up with a few "your not fit to wear the shirt" and "Grant out" if you don't mind. Only good thing about West Ham is the fans at the moment....we need to show our strength of feeling to the owners.
Thats fair enough mate and i'm normally one of these people but this game is about the supporters to be honest; grant and half the players won't be there next year but we will so for this game i don't give a **** about the players and how **** they play just going to enjoy myself
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Nice idea but these things never seem to work - though I will buy some beach balls from the pound shop 8-)
Julian's Dick

Post by Julian's Dick »

I think when the nation sees on MOTD that we have travelled 4500 strong.....that will be enough of a statement let alone beachballs etc.

Saying that I'm going dressed as Elvis f*ck it.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Hugh Jargon wrote:Good on yer mate. Might send the wrong message to the players and Grant though....would mix it up with a few "your not fit to wear the shirt" and "Grant out" if you don't mind. Only good thing about West Ham is the fans at the moment....we need to show our strength of feeling to the owners.
Agreed Hugh the last thing we want to do is show we don't care what a joke we are.We need to let the players and manager and owners what they have served up this season is a disgrace and not acceptable.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

The majority of people seem resigned to relegation now, and to be honest including myself, time has just gradually run out and we haven't really budged. But what do you think the mood would be if we smashed wigan, 3 or 4 - nil. Sadly can't see it happening myself (or i wouldn't put a bet on it) but you never know! but we also have to rely on wolves not getting another win... is this going to the wire??
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

djclipz wrote:But what do you think the mood would be if we smashed wigan, 3 or 4 - nil.
That'll be when we start chanting "Millwall are ****ting it" :lol:
Achillies

Your the manager, 2 games left...what do you say/play?

Post by Achillies »

Play along here.....

So pretend Grant has mysteriously dissappeared (off a boat somehwere in the middle of the ocean if dreams really do come true) & you've just been given the job of saving us.......

Who do you play at Wigan & what position?

How does the team talk go to inspire us & achieve a win?
ironsjh

Re: Your the manager, 2 games left...what do you say/play?

Post by ironsjh »

Green
Spence-Tomkins-Da Costa
Barrera-Spector-Parker-Boa Morte
Sears-Ba-Obinna

I wuld not say anything and lets them concentrate on their own game before match.

At HT, no matter what the result, i would encourage the lads. Saying things liker "We can win this!" and "Come on lads"
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

Achillies wrote:?

How does the team talk go to inspire us & achieve a win?
Avram "Ignore everything I say, I know nothing. I often think I am the lost Emperor of Manchuria. And if that blasted Dangermouse shows up, I am out of here"
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

----------------------------green------------------------
jacobs ---- tomkins ---- da costa ----- bridge
-----------hitz -------parker-------specs-----------
sears----------------------------------------collison
----------------------------ba-----------------------------

boffin, gabbs, kovac, lbm, obinna, cole, piq

take collison off after 60 and bring on obinna if we need a goal, lbm if we're comfortable, if parker aint fit start collison in middle and play lbm for 60