Wigan Athletic 3 West Ham Utd 2 (15/05/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by screech »

I feel half cut already half a bottle of jack gone and on the 4th can of fosters
Just on the motorway by daventry, still a long way off but warming up nicely :)
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

screech wrote:I feel half cut already half a bottle of jack gone and on the 4th can of fosters
Just on the motorway by daventry, still a long way off but warming up nicely
You're not far away from where I'm setting off from then. ****ing hell, you'll be there by midday. :lol:
screech

Post by screech »

If I'm there by midday I'll be Well and truly oiled
You'll see me leading a conga line pitch invasion :D
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Despite the chance of Birmingham losing today and next week, Blackpool losing at Old Trafford, and us being able to win the last 2 games, we are all but down. Today and next week are about pride and saying goodbye to players like Parker and Green who have helped us so many times in the last number of years.

Today I want us to win, for the fact we can do the footballing world a favour and take the disgrace of a club Wigan down with us.

Come on you Irons! :crest:
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Have a great time all of you, wish I was coming, but will be there next Sunday. You are the heart and soul and spirit of our beloved club and reading all your comments brings a lump to my throat and makes me feel so proud to be a Hammer. Whatever happens to our club, whatever league we play in we will always be there. Hammer till I die :crest:
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

Posh-Hammer wrote:Have a great time all of you, wish I was coming, but will be there next Sunday. You are the heart and soul and spirit of our beloved club and reading all your comments brings a lump to my throat and makes me feel so proud to be a Hammer. Whatever happens to our club, whatever league we play in we will always be there. Hammer till I die :crest:
well said posh
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Thank Morrisey. Hope you and yours all keeping well.
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

[quote="Posh-Hammer"]Thank Morrisey. Hope you and yours all keeping well.[/qu
:D
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

good luck to our fans today the only people that have done this club proud this season.. hope you have a graet day and come back not to downhearted... :crest:
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Cockney Hammer, it seems to me that apart from beating the spuds and Liverpool and the two cup runs, they are going to have the best time they have had all season and I am so envious of them. Its fans like this and you with all your input on here every day taking up your own time to fill us in with all the news that makes West Ham the club we love, not the useless board, manager or lazy overpaid players who have taken us down :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Posh-Hammer wrote:Cockney Hammer, it seems to me that apart from beating the spuds and Liverpool and the two cup runs, they are going to have the best time they have had all season and I am so envious of them. Its fans like this and you with all your input on here every day taking up your own time to fill us in with all the news that makes West Ham the club we love, not the useless board, manager or lazy overpaid players who have taken us down

i know we have our faults as west ham fans but i truly belive from the bottom of my heart these fans of ours deserve so so much more then the **** they get season after season decade after decade if you wish..

when tevez held the fa cup aloft yesteday i thought to myself how much that should have been super scotty parker lifiting that cup up for the very special west ham fans...

you deserve so much better :crest:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

For me, though, days like today (if today goes as I'm expecting) kind of mean that doesn't matter. Whether we're in a cup final, getting dicked 4-0 at Stamford Bridge or sharing a 0-0 draw in Scunthorpe of a Tuesday the atmosphere at the away games is always an unbelievable thing to be a part of. That's what I love most about the club. And we'll have that however badly G&S f*** up, or the players decide not to give a ****, or we slide down to league one. That will (I hope) always be there and it's an absolute joy to be an active part of it. Success on the pitch will always be a bonus, but that togetherness and atmosphere is what I go to games for above anything else.

I just wish the home games had some of it too, and weren't full of negativity, tutting and apathy.
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

cockney hammer wrote:
when tevez held the fa cup aloft yesteday i thought to myself how much that should have been super scotty parker lifiting that cup up for the very special west ham fans...
In my alternate (cloud cuckoo land) universe, Tevez would be still lifting the cup but in a Claret and Blue shirt.

Our away support has been immense as always, and if the players had showed as much passion as these loyal fans, then relegation would never be an issue. Win, lose or draw I hope you all have a party up there. I almost look forward more to the songs, and sarcasm more than I am the game. I can rarely say this about the team, but will always say it about the away fans..."We're Proud Of You West Ham". :crest:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Posh-Hammer wrote:Have a great time all of you, wish I was coming, but will be there next Sunday. You are the heart and soul and spirit of our beloved club and reading all your comments brings a lump to my throat and makes me feel so proud to be a Hammer. Whatever happens to our club, whatever league we play in we will always be there. Hammer till I die
:thup: Couldn't 'ave said it better myself...says it all.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Gutted I couldn't go today. What a relegation party it's going to be. :raver:
BasingstokeIron

Post by BasingstokeIron »

Will be at home bit Ive got the beers in for this one to watch on the net. the fans that go will do us proud. COYI's :crest:
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

f*** it lads, when it has all been done we stick through thick and thin!! COYI!!!!!

:crest:
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

West Ham have been trying to get relegated for a couple of seasons now and it looks like it going to happen today. Obviously a huge downer for everyone but I just hope there are no tears today - that really grinds my gears.

Man up and just remember its only a season long holiday from the Premier League (we all hope).
screech

Post by screech »

This coach Is rocking We just had claret and blue streamers flying up and down followed by punch ball balloons (remember them from the fair) the balloons were flying up and down being battered by inflatable hammers In the coach
I just passed around a bottle if vodka and a bottle if jack which the whole coach tool via the the **** method :raver:
screech

Post by screech »

I must add that was via the shot method of drinking Alcohol