The Olympic Stadium: Poll V

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Do you support the plans by WHUFC's Board of Directors to move the Club to the Olympic Stadium?

Yes
65%
No
23%
Undecided
13%

Total votes: 970

mywhufc

Re: The Olympic Stadium: Poll V

Post by mywhufc »

Up the Junction wrote: Just our of interest Doc, how did you know that everyone voting was a season ticket holder?
We asked all voters to declare if they were members or ST holders and to put their patron number, just so the club could verify if they wanted.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Up the Junction wrote:Just our of interest Doc, how did you know that everyone voting was a season ticket holder?
As said UTJ, because they had to put down a s/t or membership ref. As I recall out of the 2,500 votes about 2,000 were s/t holders, not 'everyone' but forgive my poetic licence.

It remains the biggest sample, the only sample of attendees and a warning that a lot of people are pretty set against this. Then again we were just a 'splinter group'.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Thanks chaps.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Up the Junction wrote:If you're unaware that our board of Directors plan to move the club to Stratford sutts, you really have no place posting in this forum...
I know you are the boss around here but there is no need to be like that. It is a valid point mate. Most arguments for or against could be completely turned on their head once the actual plans are made public.

If you do not think I have a place posing in this forum then by all means notify me in private. As the owner of the site I will respect your wishes.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

sutts07 wrote:Most arguments for or against could be completely turned on their head once the actual plans are made public.
I don't disagree, sutts - but that's not what the question relates to.
sutts07 wrote:If you do not think I have a place posing in this forum then by all means notify me in private. As the owner of the site I will respect your wishes.
And there was me bigging you up as well, less than an hour ago...

https://twitter.com/kumbdotcom/status/3 ... 2799361024
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Up the Junction wrote:And there was me bigging you up as well
Nice one... will let you know if they offer me a job and sort out some commission.
:wink:

You made your point re the poll, but I do still think that five polls on the move is a little OTT considering the plans have not actually been shared though mate. Then again, that is why you have the 'undecided' button on there.

For me (and I am sure many others), as it stands, it is either a 'yes but only if X, Y and Z' or a 'no unless X, Y and Z'. Without the club actually sharing X, Y and Z with us we are voting in the dark.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

It's OK Sutts, there won't be anymore polls.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Doc H Ball wrote:It's OK Sutts, there won't be anymore polls.
Except of course for the club's poll where we all get the chance to say yes or no to the move.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Just voted "yes", but from what I'm reading and hearing I'm shocked "yes" has 65% of the votes!

Feel bad for others in doubt, but this isn't about stadia, this about something ultimately more important.
E163RP

Post by E163RP »

Just have to wait and see how the stadium plans out but we need to build alot on the squard,it's ok to have a new stadium but do we have the backing and investors to strengthen the team.hopefully someone who as alot of money would become an investor.i think sam done a great job getting us back where we belong but is he the man to take us forward,harry could get us more in debt with his dogey dealings but he is west ham through and through cant make me mind up on that one.to be honest i dont like us just being the tennant wished we could have bought it out right but the althletics would benefit from it.be interseting to see what the plans would look like coyi :thup:
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

It's OK Sutts, there won't be anymore polls.[/quote]

Except of course for the club's poll where we all get the chance to say yes or no to the move.[/quote]

I think Doc was right....we have seen the last poll on the subject!!
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Still undecided

Worry that the atmosphere will be naff

Don't get the financials - £40 average ticket for Boleyn @35 thousand to £40 average @54 thousand is only £700k per game - £14m per year, will hardly make us the new man city. The only way this move takes us into the big leagues is by a buyout. A team of foreign merceneries with no academy players in sight doesn't grab my imagination.

Yet, there is part of me that wants us to be iconic and for this to work out amazing. As much as I love the Boleyn it is not the same as it was and too many games feel flat since the new stands were built and terracing taken away. My memories will always remain and I'd like to build new memories with my kids - feels like the OS will be amazing or a terrible decision dependent on the finer details and who our owners will be.
smarthammer

Post by smarthammer »

A big yes from me – not because I want to leave the Boleyn – just the huge opportunity we’ve been gifted.

Perfectly understand the views of the old boys – I’m one but The Boleyn lost its soul a long time back.

I hate that fact that Ken decided to put the Olympics in our borough, incompetence and arrogance that a post games Olympic stadium could be self sustaining on a couple of track and field events – and the subsequent bids, claims, legal challenges and has given us a £1/2b 54000 stadium for 15M down + £2m for 99yrs – but I’m getting over it.

SuGo took a punt on us knowing there was a good chance this would happen and given Su’s dick wave this morning re- Bony (probably) he’s in a happy place.

Just need the Arabs now.
Weirdy
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Weirdy »

I know people have worries about the atmosphere but it does seem that a large amount of the redevelopment cost is for the roof which through previous statements said the club want the stadium to retain as much noise as possible.......
I just want to see the plans too....
Then make my mind up as to how good or bad it may be, but I'm West Ham and will still go and find out.....
Were there and that's the reality...
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Now that there are plans available to see and some artistic pictures, is there any chance of one (last?!) poll to get opinions. Also would it now just be worth having only a Yes or No answer?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

aaronhammer wrote:Now that there are plans available to see and some artistic pictures, is there any chance of one (last?!) poll to get opinions. Also would it now just be worth having only a Yes or No answer?
Why ?

It's irrelevant .

The decision is made .
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

For better or worse Mr P, on this point we are agreed.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

the pink palermo wrote:
Why ?

It's irrelevant .

The decision is made .
To see whether a selection of fans are either happy or not.

Like you say it won't change anything, but equally neither will the constant condemning of the move which you and others seem to do on almost every thread. I think it would just be interesting to see where people's views now fit after there is something to base the thoughts on.

I would also like to add (which I've said previously) I have no problem with you or anybody else that doesn't want to move, and I do respect your views and opinions. I think Pinky you put forward some very compelling arguments against the move, and my growing annoyance is more towards people who complain because it will have a running track, then when retractable seating is confirmed because it will be open and cold in the concourse, and when that is confirmed to be covered, the colour of the sky ect. rather than just stating an actual reason of why they don't want to move. Apologies I've gone on a slight rant!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Let's see what happens.

If the club renege on their promise to consult supporters then we may have another one.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

Why?

I'm just gutted as I was finally going to vote and it was closed.

Always in the past I've voted too soon so was saving this one until I'd seen something to vote for/against.

Damn & double damn.