West Ham Utd 4-2 Reading (19/05/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Re: West Ham v That small club in Berkshire match thread.

Post by Billydinho »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: But I'm sure when Sam picks his squad, it will be all about getting the win, and not about giving youngsters a bit of experience
If you were at Everton Stu, you'd find this hard to believe. Being at the last few games, I'm not buying Sam's ethos of not letting the players go on holiday yet.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Kludgehammer wrote: In a perfect world, now that there's been a bit of a rapprochement with the club, I'd also like to see Bonzo make a surprise cameo for the last couple of minutes ....
Bit of a tangent, but just imagine if this happened for the last game at the Boleyn.

Anyway, as for Reading, we once put in an 'obscene effort' against Man U when we'd already been relegated. I think they will be up for it.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Reading will be well up for it, last game in PL - making sure they are not bottom and playing for contracts next season, whether at Reading or a PL team.

Trouble is, as others have said, our lot seem to be mentally on their holidays (at least some of them). Sam needs to make sure whomever plays is up for it, which might actually mean a youngster or two.

Good to finish top ten, for extra prize money and I wonder if there are higher bonuses for Sam and his staff for higher finish?
JohnLyall
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by JohnLyall »

Hope Reading pull their socks up for this match...

Especially Kebe. :lol:
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

I hope that Sam gets the team fired up for this. The City performance was poor and we need to get three points off Reading if only to show we can beat that shabby outfit. The last game against Reading was mediocre.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

4-0 West Ham. You heard it here first.....

:crest:
DjBelz

Post by DjBelz »

when you look at our team on paper, it really is remarkable that a win will put us in 10th. Can think of many teams prior to us that finished 10th or lower with far stronger teams. Either great credit to us, the Premier League standard is worsening.. or both?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

DjBelz wrote:when you look at our team on paper, it really is remarkable that a win will put us in 10th. Can think of many teams prior to us that finished 10th or lower with far stronger teams. Either great credit to us, the Premier League standard is worsening.. or both?
It's just a good manager is worth their weight in points. Most of the teams below us you wouldn't swap Sam for their manager.
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

fmgod wrote:
It's just a good manager is worth their weight in points. All of the teams below us you wouldn't swap Sam for their manager.
Amended for you :wink:
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Stepney wrote:4-0 West Ham. You heard it here first.....

:crest:
Sorry but once again i see that result being the other way around judging by the Everton match where it looks like our lads are already on holiday. A meaningless match but the royals fans will be up for it as they seem to have some kind of cross to bear with us although no-one here knows quite why that is.
xmas01245
Has liked: 59 likes

Post by xmas01245 »

I for one really hope that BFS doesn’t put out a young team, simply because we got our pants pulled down by Wigan earlier in the season when he last tried that. I seem to remember him coming out with a few angry remarks after that defeat too so I doubt he will put out anything other than a full strength squad.

xmas01245 prediction: 2-0 :crest:
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Bump.

Just in case anyone has forgotten or gives a ****.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Get Kebe lads! :wink:
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

Anyone know what the latest news is on the number of inflatables Reading are bringing ?
MrMum

Post by MrMum »

Anyone know what the latest news is on the number of inflatables Reading are bringing ?

An arm band and an inner tube with a puncture :D
MrMum

Post by MrMum »

Re: West Ham (A) Predictions
by Royalclapper » 17 May 2013 13:17

The season finale away at the Sovereign Ring Stadium ends in fairly tepid 1-1 draw. One of the few highlights of the afternoon is when David Dickinson comes on the pitch at half time to give a free 'no questions asked' metal theft valuation session.

Destroy them!! :crest:
robb

Post by robb »

According to the team news on the official site, Kebe is not playing so any sock gags are redundant, I'm afraid.
It does mean that Collison can relax and enjoy himself !
Medoc
Location: On the phone trying to get a ticket (can't afford a season ticket).
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by Medoc »

Interesting fact. Should we lose badly on Sunday and the other teams beneath us win, mathematically we could finish 16th (although Villa would need a 12 goal turn around compared to us)

:think:
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

DjBelz wrote:when you look at our team on paper, it really is remarkable that a win will put us in 10th. Can think of many teams prior to us that finished 10th or lower with far stronger teams. Either great credit to us, the Premier League standard is worsening.. or both?
Bear in mind that there is only three points between us and the team in 16th place. One more defeat and we'd be in a less pleasant place.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

kthammer wrote:Bear in mind that there is only three points between us and the team in 16th place. One more defeat and we'd be in a less pleasant place.
Depending on how Sunday goes we can finish a best placed 9th (worth £9m) or at worst 14th (worth £4.5m) so there's a bit of prize money to be played for.