Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Fishbone

Re: Gold/Sullivan Stick or Twist

Post by Fishbone »

Stick

* They have been the best owners that we have had for as far as I know.
* They pulled us out of a situation that could have seen us in serious financial trouble.
* We are stable financially, stable as a football club and about to embark on an exciting rollercoaster of a couple of years.
* They do have some connection to the club, rather than some foreign owner rocks up wanting a piece of soccerball
* They have spent money this summer, more than most of our rivals, with a couple more to come in.
* We have a new manager and no one really knows what's going on with transfers other than those on charge
* They are having to work within specific financials constraints that we do not have any idea about (FFP)
* They have done a fantastic job with the Olympic stadium so much so that the BBC have made a documentary about it
* They are not Cellino at Leeds, Alam at Hull, whoever the chairman is at Watford, Risdale at Leeds.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

They stabilised us after the Icelandic debacle, but if we want to grow as a club i don't think they're the right people.

But then again what the f*** do I know :D
Last edited by Antwerp_Lad on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Twist.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Borderline twister. I'll give them 3 weeks. Unless they stump up the cash for some quality players, then they can both do one.

Fed up of the hype and then the failure to properly back managers. They never backed the previous fella either last January.

Classless skinflints.
F.U.B.A.R.

Post by F.U.B.A.R. »

RM6 wrote:Image

Stick.

I can see their perspective from a financial point of view.

The coward in charge of footballing matters should have stood up and acted like a man.
Ha ha, you'll stand up for them, but not the man THEY employed 2 months ago.. Hilarious..
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Fishbone wrote:* They are having to work within specific financials constraints that we do not have any idea about (FFP)
This one really grates me. Those c**** ****ing voted for it.

Turkeys voting for Christmas and then complaining when they have Paxo shoved up their arse.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Paxo

When did we buy him and why didnt he start tonight
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Slavish wrote:I was furious. Proper fuming. We threw a f***ing European game.

Then I realised the simple truth. The Board are doing as much as they can afford.

They're not rich enough to deliver what we want.

Need a strong squad to compete on more than one front. We haven't even finished building a strong 11 yet.

Maybe Bilic is smart and is demonstrating that fact.

And I have come round to accepting that the Daves do want to take us forwards.

But the bottom line is, they can't afford to do it as fast as we want.
That's it exactly we need slow steady growth and this is the most important season for a long time and all that should matter right now is that we get to the OS as a premier league team and if possible in the European places next season.
BTW the young players did well and there were a lot of positives to take away from tonights performance and it was a long way from the forest mauling.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Fishbone wrote:* They pulled us out of a situation that could have seen us in serious financial trouble.
So did Nolan.
So did Allardyce.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

DL :lol:

One of the beat things ever posted on here since Philosophical Dan's 'Up her clopper'.
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Fishbone wrote:* They pulled us out of a situation that could have seen us in serious financial trouble.
bubbles1966 wrote: So did Nolan.
So did Allardyce.
Nolan was on £50k a week in the Championship and Allardyce one of the best paid managers in Europe, both sanctioned by S&G
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

Shame this thread was started tonight as it will open up posters who are critical of G&S to the tiresome accusations of 'knee-jerking' and 'knicker wetting'.
The way I feel about the Daves is much as I came to think about Allardyce: they were what the club needed at the time they arrived but have now taken it as far as they can. They too have become slaves to their own limited ambition and ability
The decision to write off the prospect of regular European football at the last Boleyn season is an insult to the club, its traditions and its fans. It certainly ain't G&S's much-vaunted 'West Ham way.'
The transfer dealings so far this window have also - Payet aside - been pedestrian. The Boleyn Insider may in itself be harmless but, taken with everything else, is a telling indicator of their lack of nous about how a professional organisation should be run. The smoke and mirrors over the OS pricing and migration is a further poke in the eye that again underlines their lack of class.
It seems incredible that the final season in the Boleyn, one that promised European football under a fresh new manager and that began with a genuinely exciting transfer in Payet is about to start under such a cloud. It all points to poor leadership and the buck stops with Gold and Sullivan.
whizzer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by whizzer »

Northern_Light wrote:Truth of the matter is that rather than question Bilic's experience or just being philosophical about the ambivalent benefits of the Europa league, people are happy to deflect attention to the owners. Sad and totally unfair. Nothing else to say about it. Sad for KUMB, not what it used to be these days - always one bad result away from a witch hunt. Getting stupid now!
Nothing to do with Billic's experience or the Europa League, the question is about the owners.
Nothing is the same as it used to be, everything changes, including KUMB! Thats life and you need to roll with it..
Its just a debate
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:It all points to poor leadership and the buck stops with Gold and Sullivan.
Good post MSP :thup:
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Twist.

A pair of shysters.

I'm praying we get some oil money in the next few years.
Riz Ortolani

Post by Riz Ortolani »

I've absolutely no faith in them as incumbents and no faith in their ability to select a worthy suitor.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

sicknote wrote:The topic will stay

Its well overdue as a topic

And the teflon coated dildo twins have been pulling the wool over our eyes and selling you short since they got here and so many , too many got sucked in and believed them
Well said. You simply can't add anymore to that. :thup:
BMLGirl
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

Seriously? Embarrassing thread and totally not reflect if all the people who sit/stand around me in the BML. I really do wonder how much this site realistically reflects the views of the majority of fans who regularly go.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Best owners we've had for god knows how many years

I said it when Allarcyce went. Be careful what you wish for

Billic is the manger now. I don't fully buy this 'he has his hands tied' stuff tonight. A strong manager picks the team for every game. It was disgraceful what happened tonight but to drop it on the owners lap without anything proof is pathetic

I hope this thread gets locked
Slavish

Post by Slavish »

If we outgrew Allardyce, we've also outgrown the Daves.

Those two simply haven't got the finances to run a club in an Olympic Stadium in one of the worlds most prestigious cities. Fair play to them, their skinflints maybe, but they've definitely made us a club with a bright future.

But that future, if it means competing at the very top of the game, is beyond their financial capabilities.

And just for the record, I'd be less inclined to expect more from them if they weren't always so fast to promise more.

They were the ones saying "We're taking Europe seriously", right up until someone explained the cost implications.