West Ham Utd 1-2 Leicester City (15/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Re: West ham United v Leicester City: Match Thread

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Bilic is showing me how he wants to play and his ethos about football, lots of work to do on the training ground for sure, but having him in the touchline is like a breath of fresh air.

Very much on the Bilic bus :scarfer:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I don;t know what it is but the Astra and this defeat have left me feeling a lot more gutted than I usually do, when Adrian got sent off I felt like we're now going to be utterly helpless, Randolph scares the sh*t out of me, he looks stupid and he plays stupid, Bournemouth are going to really fancy their chances
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Finally got round to watching the highlights of this....

Was wondering why i couldn't recall the schmiechel v sakho coming together, and it was because i was on the concourse in the HT beer queue. I remember wondering what the cheer was at the time. Penalty for sure, sending off, no.

Would it have affected the game? Not sure. we were 2-0 down by then anyway. Given we scored early in the 2nd half anyway, i am not sure it would have made a huge difference

Poor defending for both goals. Oxford should have tracked the Japanese dude for the first goal, but Jenkinson and the two CBs all over the place.

For the second, again coming down our right hand side, with Jenkinson no-where to be seen and Reid and Ogbanna getting pulled all over the shop. Not blaming Oxford for this one, as Cresswell should have been on Mahrez. He even had a look at him just before the cross but decided not to move towards him, despite there being no other players to mark at all

Sakho should have equalised, but from memory that was our only real chance at 1-2. We didn't create enough

The highlights just confirmed what I remember. A very poor day at the office, both defensively and offensively, with Ranieri getting his tactics absolutely spot on