Manchester City 1-2 West Ham Utd (19/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Manchester City 1-2 West Ham Utd (19/08/15)

Post by -DL- »

FA Premier League

Saturday 19th September 2015

Etihad Stadium, City of Manchester.

KO: 17:30

Live on Sky Sports 1

DL Prediction: Christ knows...
Last edited by -DL- on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimBlythNo1

Re: Manchester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by JimBlythNo1 »

3-1, we will be the first team to score past them, but thats the best we can hope for. :crest:
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

swap Sakho for AC with Adrian back in goal and we'll beat 'em - no doubts. I'd like to see a few less tricks from Payet - just focus on the team mate.
0-2 :scarfer:
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

am looking forward to this one...we will need a big fat slice of luck to get anything out of this...regardless of the arsenal and Liverpool results, this lot are the real deal

that said, our new style of play which lends itself to closing down space and pressing, will hopefully nullify their possession game to a certain degree...if we can do that early, break and nick one in the first 10-15 minutes, it will make the locals edgy and nervous...

I cant see a clean sheet for this one, we will probably need to score a handful to win it...we can certainly score goals, but im not sure we will be able to keep them out, particularly as silva will be back...he scares the **** out of me

3-1 or 3-2 to man city
Last edited by frankiemac on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAH

Post by HAH »

-DL- wrote: KO: 17:00
17.30 h
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

MadMart wrote:swap Sakho for AC with Adrian back in goal and we'll beat 'em - no doubts. I'd like to see a few less tricks from Payet - just focus on the team mate.
0-2 :scarfer:
less tricks?

that's what you pay your money for....I could understand if he was showboating for the sake of it, but I think in every instance his trickery took him past a player

keep it up payet!!!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Great result last night folks its nice to see you playing good football again
My pal is a big pal of your ex gaffa Sam and tell me that he has spent a great deal of time at his villa in Spain writing a book, his villa is named St James I believe (purchased from the proceeds of his dismissal)

Us blues look forward to the weekend and welcoming you for what should be a good game- may the best team win !

Carlos
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Carlos wrote:Great result last night folks its nice to see you playing good football again
My pal is a big pal of your ex gaffa Sam and tell me that he has spent a great deal of time at his villa in Spain writing a book, his villa is named St James I believe (purchased from the proceeds of his dismissal)

Us blues look forward to the weekend and welcoming you for what should be a good game- may the best team win !

Carlos

Welcome Carlos and well done on your excellent start to the season :thup:
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Welcome to another Blue on here. It's a lovely, kind and welcoming forum where all views are respected.

Do we know how many Hammers are coming on Saturday? Hearsay suggests you've taken two of the three tiers (the top one was handed back) so I'd expect over 1000 minimum.

We have an exemplary league record against you in the current ground and, if memory serves me right, the only defeat came in the FA Cup some years back. We're playing well, we're not conceding goals and even injuries to a few key players are absorbed by a strong squad. It's Juventus tonight (sadly not attending) but I'll be there on Saturday.

Still up for that pint, Doc?!
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

HAH wrote: 17.30 h
Ta mate. Brain not with it this morning. 17:00 is when the coverage starts.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

btajim - mcfc wrote:Welcome to another Blue on here. It's a lovely, kind and welcoming forum where all views are respected.

Do we know how many Hammers are coming on Saturday? Hearsay suggests you've taken two of the three tiers (the top one was handed back) so I'd expect over 1000 minimum.

We have an exemplary league record against you in the current ground and, if memory serves me right, the only defeat came in the FA Cup some years back. We're playing well, we're not conceding goals and even injuries to a few key players are absorbed by a strong squad. It's Juventus tonight (sadly not attending) but I'll be there on Saturday.

Still up for that pint, Doc?!
hi jim

I booked my tickets at the weekend for me and my boy, and there were odds and sods left

west ham in their wisdom turned down the full allocation, so I believe we have only got 1400 coming up, which is massively disappointing

I think you will win tonight...juve are not the side they were at all, haven't won all season, so its a great time to play them...that said, they know how to play in Europe!
osborner69

Post by osborner69 »

First away this season (typical) and really looking forward to it. Given the late kick off I am stopping off in Nottingham first for Forest v Boro lunchtime kick off. Proper football day for me.

Given City defensive record it would be an achievement in itself to score which is amazing given that this is game 6, but we are likely to be on the wrong end of the result. Saying that we haven't conceded away from home yet either.

Feels like a free hit game, lets hope we can do the business again on the road.
Norwich Iron
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Norwich Iron »

I'd be happy to make a game of it up there for a change. Not expecting to get anything from this at all but let's have a go at em!
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

We will win 2-0
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I would not be unhappy if we picked up our first draw of the season this weekend. City have surprised me this season and have looked impressive so far but, all good runs come to an end and they are not going to win every single game, so why not.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Disagree that this game would suit Carroll more. We are going to spend 80% of the game in our own half so it's vital that we have a forward that can stretch their defensive when we break.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

-------------------Adrian---------
Jenkinson----Tomkins----Reid-----Cresswell
-------------------OBiang-------------------
--------Noble--------------Kouyate-----
-----Lanzini------Sakho------Payet----

3-3
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

Carlos wrote:Great result last night folks its nice to see you playing good football again

Carlos

welcome mate, have to say your team this year look as complete a side as i've seen for many years

Obviously hope your guys get a few niggling injuries and get rested for the weekend.

Other than saturday, wish you the best of luck for the season
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Fear?

None.

And Diafra Sakho starts above Andy Carroll. You'd be insane to suggest otherwise. Manu Lanzini drops out for Pedro and Moses/Payet play as slightly more orthodox wide men.

Will we win? Probably not. Will we give it a bloody good go? That's all I ask.
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Same team as last night except Lanzini out and Antonio in.