Manchester City 1-2 West Ham Utd (19/08/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

franksinatra

Re: Manchester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by franksinatra »

Well played today. A bit disappointing from a City perspective based on the possession and chances we had however credit to West Ham for the determination and quality of the defending.

Great to see players like Payet representing West Ham. Hopefully after the struggles over the past years with Big Sams style of football you get to watch the style of football your fans and heritage deserve.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.
ironfireman

Post by ironfireman »

So! Left the wedding early, back home, just watched the game! Im in dreamland! Not only am i pissed, but the missus has put out, west ham have won again away and at citeh!!!! Does life get any better???? (Although a blowy of one of the bridemaids would of been nice) but what a day!!!! Lovin it!!!! Coyi!!!! Love love love life atm!!!!
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

taffhammer wrote:I was entertained. By the Match not the previous post obviously.
Super_Paolo wrote:What the f*cking hell was that!? Made me wish we'd lost.
:cry: Sorry! Look, I'll work you two into it somehow

#Blue Mooooooon,
We couldn't afford Aguero,
But we've got Diafra Sakho,
Who, as I'm sure you're all beginning to appreciate, is rather a handful. (wah wah-wah waaaaaah!)

And then there suddenly, appeared, befoo-oore meeeee,
Two guys: Taffhammer, and Super, Paoloooooooo,
At first they didn't, like my lovely, siiingiiing,
But as they listened, their penises began to groo-oow!

Oh! oh! oh! Blue Mooooooon,
Now we're on Match of the Daaay,
Thumping Man City awaaay,
With Shearer having to grit his teeth and reluctantly compliment our style of plaaaay#

Yep. That is definitely better.
unmartillo
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by unmartillo »

From the BBC match report, I love this stat.
Only three other sides have recorded away wins at Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in the same Premier League season - Everton (1995-96), Manchester United (2004-05) and Chelsea (2005-06).
What a day, what a season. COYI :D
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Shearer analyzing Newcastle is hilarious :lol:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Not bad, eh. Not bad at all.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

southendmadhammer wrote:any reason why Reid wasnt given the sky motm trophy on tv?
I am sure he was. I remember the commentator saying something like, "Still plenty of time to go, but who would be your man of the match", to which the answer was Reid
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

No, I think he means why Reid wasn't actually presented with the trophy on a live TV interview as per the norm. No idea by the way! He did have a little chat with the Beeb after.
easthammer2

Post by easthammer2 »

Well that was rather satisfying...
Upton Mark.

Post by Upton Mark. »

Superb ... What a day ! ... Second half sent me even greyer !!
but we held out ! ..... And the great thing , started well last year , faltered after Xmas .... But This year we have a proper bench to crack on !! ..
:scarfer:
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Lee_WHU wrote:Shearer analyzing Newcastle is hilarious
Isn't it ironic that he continually said that West Ham fans should "be careful what you wish for" when their decline since the Newcastle support hounded out Pardew has been immense :lol:
Welling

Post by Welling »

franksinatra wrote:Well played today. A bit disappointing from a City perspective based on the possession and chances we had however credit to West Ham for the determination and quality of the defending.

Great to see players like Payet representing West Ham. Hopefully after the struggles over the past years with Big Sams style of football you get to watch the style of football your fans and heritage deserve.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.
Thanks for the nice words Frank. You were my Mum's favourite singer of all time. I however, preferred Tony Bennett.

p.s. What's it like in the afterlife?

Welling
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1224 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by last.caress »

Pretty low, that, if it went down the way the lad describes. Anyway, he seems to want to contact some Hammers who were present and helped out, maybe they're on here or will show up on here later.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

Sorry if this has already been done but I love this from Noble. From the BBC earlier.

“We knew we were going to come up against it. They haven’t conceded a goal. We watched the Juventus game and took some belief from that. We were nervy at the end but we managed to hold on.

"There are some tired heroes in our dressing room. We went into the season with a new manager, staff and players and we are slowly gelling together. We knew we had enough to get results like this.

"Bobby Zamora always used to say to me to get it and give it to the good players. That makes life easier for myself.”
franksinatra

Post by franksinatra »

Thanks for the nice words Frank. You were my Mum's favourite singer of all time. I however, preferred Tony Bennett.

p.s. What's it like in the afterlife?

Welling[/quote]

You never lose at home in the afterlife mate
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Bilic has that something about him doesn't he?

I'm really starting to believe in this group now. There's no reason that we can't keep our confidence and crack on this year. Having said that, we have a very winnable run of fixtures coming up, it wouldn't be very west ham like to win the majority of them. That will be a teller for how we're going to do.

Absolutely buzzing tonight. Pride in the shirt
essexhammer90
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by essexhammer90 »

last.caress wrote:Image

Pretty low, that, if it went down the way the lad describes. Anyway, he seems to want to contact some Hammers who were present and helped out, maybe they're on here or will show up on here later.
We bumped into a lad who had taken a hit off one of their fans who was saying he was only 16. Not sure if this is the same lad. A bunch of City fans were also giving it large to another guy but didn't really fancy it - might be because he was a 6"2' well-built skinhead, not a youngster. This was straight after the game, walking down towards their academy ground.

We checked on him and he seemed ok, although a bit dazed and bloody. By that time he was already being looked after by a couple of lads and some City fans who were helping him out to be fair.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

ryanrc wrote:Bilic has that something about him doesn't he?
This is a thing isn't it. He has been here 2 minutes and every opportunity we have had on goal, we have taken it and scored. How do you instill that in a team in so little time? Beautiful.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

One player who perhaps hasn't been mentioned as much as one or two others is Lanzini. I don't think any of us were expecting too much from him, but he's played a vital (if a little unnoticed) role for us in a couple of big wins now.
Haarlemammer
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Haarlemammer »

Up the Junction wrote:One player who perhaps hasn't been mentioned as much as one or two others is Lanzini. I don't think any of us were expecting too much from him, but he's played a vital (if a little unnoticed) role for us in a couple of big wins now.
Fully agree UTJ, he's been a real revelation. Thought he was great today as well - put in a real shift and very comfortable on the ball, rarely lost possession.