Boleyn Ground Residential Development - Barratt London

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

a86

Boleyn Ground Residential Development - Barratt London

Post by a86 »

The Galliard Homes planning application (bought by Barratt London) has been approved by Newham Council today. knew about this on Thursday afternoon

Do not take the design as gospel, it looks like Barratt will redesign with same amount of units.
Last edited by a86 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a86

Re: Boleyn Ground Residential Development - Barratt London

Post by a86 »

a86 wrote:The Galliard Homes planning application (bought by Barratt London) has been approved by Newham Council today.

Do not take the design as gospel, it looks like Barratt will redesign with same amount of units.
http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/bo ... _1_4452551

8-)
MrTwoIrons

Re: Boleyn Ground Residential Development - Barratt London

Post by MrTwoIrons »

I'm hoping they stick with the whole heritage thing. The main problem is, unlike Highbury the whole place is getting knocked down and cleared (Except the centre circle apparently). I would have much prefered if they gutted out the chicken run or Betway stand and turned it into flats and kept the outer shell. Just so in 15 years, no one forgets what was there. I liked the idea of naming the buildings after famous players. Not so keen on the claret and blue buildings though, may look weird lol.