Why no campaign against the move?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

mywhufc

Re: Why no campaign against the move?

Post by mywhufc »

Pop Robson wrote:I see DG is saying he doesn't believe the 88% figure on twitter,
He was right, it was 86%, i did apologise to him for the mistake and send him a link to whs view report, which strangely he retweeted. Not had a reply from him though, can't see why?
Napoleon Solo

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Why no campaign against the move?

Why wasn't there ever a campaign???
LOS

Post by LOS »

Quite possibly our biggest regret as a collection of supporters. We meekly went along for the ride, and now we are there, i for one am totally gutted with the whole affair. Gutted, I hate it, every bit of it.

Not that I would have the ability to lead such a campaign, but at the same time angry with myself at the lost opportunity for not getting involved in finding out if there was such a thing.

No good crying over spilled milk. Renewal time will be interesting.
Napoleon Solo

Post by Napoleon Solo »

I posted years ago that West Ham were meekly going to the Olympic Stadium like lambs to the slaughter and that Gold and Sullivan were only interested in their bank balances... I was vilified and sent threatening messages.
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Napoleon Solo wrote:I posted years ago that West Ham were meekly going to the Olympic Stadium like lambs to the slaughter and that Gold and Sullivan were only interested in their bank balances... I was vilified and sent threatening messages.
I am sorry to hear that you EVER thought Premier League was anything more than a business.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Why no campaign against the move?

Why wasn't there ever a campaign???
There was for a while, set up by mywhufc.
Then there was WHUsVIEW that campaigned for a poll.

We got a lot of abuse.
We said that when people saw the stadium and the walk to Stratford many would change their minds. It see that many have.