Leicester City 1-0 West Ham Utd (31/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

carlokilkennie
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by carlokilkennie »

Losing 1-0 away to the champions of England, that's practally a win! :scarfer:
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

To be honest we had a bad start which ultimately cost us but we played well and were the better team for the rest of the match so can't complain too much. Carroll had to score that header and I hate the way we play sometimes with him in the team. We're crying out for that top class mobile forward. Alot more fluid when Lanzini, Feghouli and Fernandez came on and I can't believe he didnt let us take that corner when Kasper was wasting time.

Glad the ref didn't get pressured by their constant moaning as f*** me they can moan.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Harry Hound wrote:Strange how we all see things so differently, for me that was an abysmal performance with very little quality and no real flair and yet unfortunately probably as good as it's gonna get for us this season with Bilic. He has no significant answers and the team look like they've run out of luck and ideas.
if that was an abysmal performance by your standards you might want to think about packing your bags and heading off to catalonia.

that performance wouldn't have looked out of place for us last season and we'd have chalked it up as a frustrating loss against a cynical team that we outplayed for three quarters of the match. but in the context of this season you get the bilic out mugs crying into their keyboards every time something doesn't go our way.

get your boos ready for stratford.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

TheHandOfDog wrote:Really need a finisher, that game called out for a striker who can score. Leave Bilic alone for now and give him someone who can hit the ball into the net.
Slimani was brilliant today and we've been linked with him for 4 seasons and never put in a decent offer even at a time when we could have got him for less than 7 million. Even Middlesboro got Negredo last window and we got Zaza FFS, unless we can bring in Defoe during the January window I'm not optimistic we'll get a true striker before the summer.
Bavarian_Hammer
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Bavarian_Hammer »

Were a bit lucky the last games so had it coming at some point. Just hate losing against that lot. There aren't many other teams with such whiny & biased supporters. Terrible bunch, would love to see them struggle again.
beckton

Post by beckton »

ireland hammer wrote:I GOT TO SAY WE HAVE SOME ****ers ON THIS FORUM

:thup:
BALAGE The Hungarian

Post by BALAGE The Hungarian »

Yes . Just we need strikers who can put the ball in the net. Ayew is not one of them.
american 'ammer

Post by american 'ammer »

And on another happy note I'm finished with Ogbonna.

How on Earth can Bilic persist with a center back who fails to track runners, clear the ball consistently and who makes at least one boneheaded mistake per match? Keeping Tomkins and starting him would have been better.

And, as Pinky has said on another thread, we have a superior player for that position in Kouyate.

Though of course he'll be off to Africa's "I Don't Care If It Interrupts Your League" Tournament.
ireland hammer

Post by ireland hammer »

:eh:
BALAGE The Hungarian wrote:Yes . Just we need strikers who can put the ball in the net. Ayew is not one of them.
kalashnikov

Post by kalashnikov »

It's true we dominated possession while creating absolutely nothing in the final third.

Yes Antonio hit the bar, Cresswell had a defliection that could have gone in. Beyond that our attacking play consists of cross to Carroll/Antonio or 'magic'.

I maintain that comes down to bad coaching and no clear identity of how we play. It was the same last season to be honest but Payet was magic and covered it up week in week out.

As an aside I thought Lanzini was very good dictating play from deep. Showed a glimpse of his future. The speed in which we played markedly increased when he came on.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

**** result, ok performance.

Nordveit starting to look like a decent utility player.

Ayew still has it all to prove though especially as there was a hefty fee involved. Not looking like good business at present.

Desperately need a striker with guile, pace and movement.

No penetration into the box.

Carroll's a lumbering one trick pony.

Payet's dead ball delivery was pretty bad all game.
New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by New Jersey »

Really don't understand people complaining about that performance. We were the better team, it wasn't all hoofing the ball up to Carroll, but I do prefer that we play with a more mobile forward.
ironfireman

Post by ironfireman »

dixie1978 wrote:Once again:

PAYET does nothing (except not defend AGAIN costing us a goal)

Our manager is out though with no plan B

Our captain is as mobile as a fat sloth

We lose again.

#BilicOut - Not a knee jerk, i have been on this band wagon since September, we will not progress with him and the Board in place
Ah yeah September, a whole 3 weeks into the new season after a brilliant season before! .....and you knew it then eh?

We really do have some muppets here! Still I'm sure he's been enjoying the popcorn to go with his 1st ever season ticket!!!
gegsy
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by gegsy »

I missed the first half but watched the second and I thought we did alright. Dominated, just couldn't get the finish.

Probably should have been a draw but them's the breaks, We did alright.
BALAGE The Hungarian

Post by BALAGE The Hungarian »

Bring in Defoe
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

BALAGE The Hungarian wrote:Yes . Just we need strikers who can put the ball in the net. Ayew is not one of them.
For me it's more a case of movement off the ball and getting the ball into the player quickly to create the chances. We've been generally poor at this with our play more than a little predictable and it's this aspect that doesn't feel right.
Onwards and upwards :crest:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

dixie1978 wrote:The trenches is where we will be very soon if we keep Bilic at the helm! IMO

Unfortunately the board won't sack him as that will mean paying up his contract, so we are stuck with Slav and Sully until Red Bull buy the club!
when are we stuck with you until?
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Beavis Danzig wrote:Harry Hound"]Strange how we all see things so differently, for me that was an abysmal performance with very little quality and no real flair and yet unfortunately probably as good as it's gonna get for us this season with Bilic. He has no significant answers and the team look like they've run out of luck and ideas.

if that was an abysmal performance by your standards you might want to think about packing your bags and heading off to catalonia.

that performance wouldn't have looked out of place for us last season and we'd have chalked it up as a frustrating loss against a cynical team that we outplayed for three quarters of the match. but in the context of this season you get the bilic out mugs crying into their keyboards every time something doesn't go our way.

get your boos ready for stratford.
Mate I want to see us playing down the channels and decent crosses coming in from the wings breaking quickly and with dynamism and flair. We did it during the first part of Sams lat season and for much of last season. This season we're all over the place and clueless. And by the way enough of the snide digs, no need for that, we've all got our opinions and I can only tell it as I see it. I've never booed any of our players and have had a go at many of our lot when I've seen them doing it to Nolan for example.
traxop

Post by traxop »

I'm not sure he had many - if any chances to show off his finishing skills. The best chance that never was, was the fluffed 2-on-1 break by Antonio and Ayew. How we managed to fluff that, and not even get a shot away on that play is frankly baffling.
kentishiron
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by kentishiron »

dixie1978 wrote:The trenches is where we will be very soon if we keep Bilic at the helm! IMO

Unfortunately the board won't sack him as that will mean paying up his contract, so we are stuck with Slav and Sully until Red Bull buy the club!
c-l-u-e-l-e-s-s