Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
Number9
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Number9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:08 pm

pablo jaye wrote:Went to see filming of Sky Portrait Artist Of The Year today at the Wallace Collection in London. It's done in a relatively small room so plenty of bumping into Joan Bakewell, Frank Skinner, Tai Schierenberg, Kate Bryan and Kathleen Soriano. However, the highlight for me was the huge smile that Rachel Hunter gave me, whilst she was sitting for the artists.
Can you just turn up or do you need invite/tickets?

User avatar
Rocket
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:53 am
Location: South-East London

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Rocket » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Number9 wrote:Can you just turn up or do you need invite/tickets?
I don't know about this show but I went to a filming of Deal or no Deal (yes, really) when I was a student and we needed tickets, although they were free.

User avatar
Number9
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Number9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't know about this show but I went to a filming of Deal or no Deal (yes, really) when I was a student and we needed tickets, although they were free.[/quote]

I used to go see Have I Got News for You, Father Ted & loads of other stuff for free.
Great fun most of them. I used to get the tickets from Private Eye if I remember right.

User avatar
-DL-
Match thread guru
Posts: 20657
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 am
Location: Biting my tongue so hard it's starting to bleed.

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by -DL- » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.

User avatar
Number9
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Number9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:46 pm

-DL- wrote:Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.
Was it whatsisname ??/

User avatar
Longneck'd Iron
Posts: 3756
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 3:43 pm
Location: Barking

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Longneck'd Iron » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm

-DL- wrote:Some actor off the small and silver screen in a pub in Faversham earlier on today. I know his face but for the life of me I can't think of his bloody name.
Thingymebob!

User avatar
pablo jaye
Posts: 6748
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by pablo jaye » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Yes, Sky Portrait Artist is excellent. I had thought you just needed to turn up but it had been so popular this year that they had to introduce wristbands for 4 separate hour long sessions. Wristbands were free and people passed them on to those waiting when they came out of the gallery. A great atmosphere and artists, crew etc all happy to chat. Won't be aired until Jan next year.

User avatar
Number9
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Number9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 pm

pablo jaye wrote:Yes, Sky Portrait Artist is excellent. I had thought you just needed to turn up but it had been so popular this year that they had to introduce wristbands for 4 separate hour long sessions. Wristbands were free and people passed them on to those waiting when they came out of the gallery. A great atmosphere and artists, crew etc all happy to chat. Won't be aired until Jan next year.
Thanks
How did you know it was being filmed there?

User avatar
pablo jaye
Posts: 6748
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by pablo jaye » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

Funnily enough, I was watching the last series and noticed a few banners in the background of shots, inviting people to come and watch - however, I realised that the filming had well and truly finished. I then had a look on the Wallace Collection website and there was an item about this year's filming.

User avatar
Number9
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Number9 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:06 pm

pablo jaye wrote:Funnily enough, I was watching the last series and noticed a few banners in the background of shots, inviting people to come and watch - however, I realised that the filming had well and truly finished. I then had a look on the Wallace Collection website and there was an item about this year's filming.
Nice one, I'll keep a look out for the filming of the next series.
Thanks

Crouchend_Hammer
Posts: 13199
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:31 am
Location: Forest Gate

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Had a brief chat with Robert Huth backstage at the Kasabian gig last night
Dcscent bloke tbf

User avatar
RichieRiv
Posts: 15797
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:35 pm
Location: http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by RichieRiv » Sat May 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Crossing the road outside the Tower of London, David Sullivan in his roller. Stood in the middle of the road and gave it cross hammers (much to the embarrassment of my niece and nephew).

Fair play to him though he gave it back.

User avatar
hammerdivone
Posts: 22274
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Somewhere between here and reality

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by hammerdivone » Sun May 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Gnome on the Jubilee Line, post end of season boat, still coherent which was more than I can say for a few others I met who'd been on it :D

HighWycombeHammer
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by HighWycombeHammer » Mon May 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Met Andrew Buchan (Mark Latimer from Broadchurch) at Waitrose High Wycombe last week. Doing the shopping with his little one.

HighWycombeHammer
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by HighWycombeHammer » Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 am

Martin Keown at Marylebone Station yesterday. Probably one of the 30k at the Emirates last night....

User avatar
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Posts: 4306
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Brentwood

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by PF. » Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 am

Alita Pear 8-)

User avatar
Mega Ron
Posts: 9991
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Warp's mum

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Mega Ron » Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm

I stood behind Steve Davis in the post office last week.

He appeared to be posting memorabilia. A lot of it.

User avatar
DasNutNock
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by DasNutNock » Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 pm

I saw that bloke off that TV thing the other day. You know the one - wore that hat and was married to the bird off that ITV thing with the matey with the funny voice.

User avatar
pablo jaye
Posts: 6748
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:08 pm
Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by pablo jaye » Wed May 17, 2017 7:19 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I saw that bloke off that TV thing the other day. You know the one - wore that hat and was married to the bird off that ITV thing with the matey with the funny voice.
Funny you mention that because I was in this place over the weekend and saw that blonde bird who used to knock around with matey. What a coincidence?!?

User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
Posts: 15614
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Homeward Bound

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Fri May 26, 2017 7:49 am

RichieRiv wrote:Crossing the road outside the Tower of London, David Sullivan in his roller. Stood in the middle of the road and gave it cross hammers (much to the embarrassment of my niece and nephew).

Fair play to him though he gave it back.
Very disappointed Rich, Surely some coffee bean action was more appropriate? The kids would of understood.


I saw actor Steffan Rhodri. He's the guy that played Dave Coaches in Gavin and Stacey walking through Brixton.

Post Reply