AFC Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham Utd (26/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OFT
Has liked: 3212 likes
Total likes: 1839 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by OFT »

The refs more likely to be thinking,-"how the feck have these gunts got in front, it's never right, I'll put it straight once and for all,

TABLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

bowltorious wrote:
If the ball hits your hand and goes in regardless of whether you meant it then it shouldn't stand.
Shouldn't, or mustn't?

Fine margins, I appreciate, but, can accidental handballs lead to legitimate goals?
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Iron Mark wrote:https://streamable.com/c3n0p

Very tight if offside, definite off his arm though.
Lets give the Ref the benefit of the doubt on the offside( even though it was 1/2 a yard off)

But its 100% handball. Even C*ntface Wilson gives a looks over to his right when he scored, with the 1st assumption it was going to be ruled off. W*NKER

As others have said, it felt we were not going to leave Dean Court with the 3 pts. The Ref made sure of that.

Usually a Ref would over rule a linesman if he feels he was in a better position to make the call. The f**ker was 20 yards behind the action.

The decision is utterly puzzling.

Headbanger
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2402 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Question. Was the header going in anyway? Not that it makes any difference to the decision but would they have a scored if callum Wilson had just left it?
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Genuine question, why are we seen as a soft touch by referees and the authorities?

Lanzin falls over and gets a penalty then promptly gets a 2 match ban for "deceiving" the ref. Ali does the same thing and nothing?? Today's last-minute Bournemouth goal was beyond comprehension, the linesmans flag was up it was clearly offside and handball yet the ref reverses the decision, would he have a similar call against Man utd of shittty or any of the other "top 6"??

Premier league is bent as is the Caraboa cup and so are pretty much all football competitions nowadays. :thdn:
Last edited by Harry Hound on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Question. Was the header going in anyway? Not that it makes any difference to the decision but would they have a scored if callum Wilson had just left it?
I've watched it several times from the same angle, with a couple of neutrals.

We all concluded that it was on target, before he touched it.
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

prophet:marginal wrote: Shouldn't, or mustn't?

Fine margins, I appreciate, but, can accidental handballs lead to legitimate goals?
I was under the impression onlly accidental handballs didn't count if defending in the box for penalties? If the rule is you can score a goal by accidently handling it into the net then that needs to be changed, would be the most ridiculous rules in football. They still give accidental handballs in the middle of the park also as with the Cresswell one today.
OFT
Has liked: 3212 likes
Total likes: 1839 likes

Post by OFT »

I suppose we've got the comparison that Lanzini was banned for diving when he was possibly about to be fouled anyway and this was a deliberate handball when the ball was possibly going in anyway...

I've forgotten my point whilst typing :oops:
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:The linesman has presumably flagged for offside, the ref can only say not if he doesn't believe that Wilson is interfering. So consultation could only be "did he touch it?". I assume the ref and Bournemouth players pressured the linesman to say he wasn't sure.

Madely should serve a ban but the powers that be will feel that they have to back him.
But he does not even have to touch it Hampshire. An attempt to go for the ball makes you active and offside. There is little or anything that exonerates the Ref in this instance.
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

be very interesting to see what Motd make of this, they will likely not mention it at all but you never know.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Facts

He's in an offside position
He's interfering with play
He touches the ball in with his arm

You can't defend the ref here, you can try, but those three hard facts drown out any noise you could make for him. Then there is the red card that wasn't.........
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

bowltorious wrote:
If the ball hits your hand and goes in regardless of whether you meant it then it shouldn't stand.

I may be wrong but I'd assume goals can be accepted if accidentally handled but like with being anywhere on the pitch when you handle, its got to be seen as deliberate by way of their arm in a very unnatural position away from their body. Wilson's was stuck out stretched with the only intention of getting to the ball as he was too far behind it and guided it in expertly. He knew exactly what he was doing checking yo make sure if he got away with it.
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

The decision given for the last goal has over looked the fact Bournemouth should have been playing with 10 men. How he gave a yellow for that?? Admittedly I don't think there was intent but it was reckless and put a player in danger. No different to Mane v Man City.
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

We should be first on MOTD even though it will most likely be the two games that have already been on Sky first even though they use that as an excuse not to play other teams first when it doesnt involve the top six. Then they will probably play Man U and then us. They will probably brush over our incidents in about a minute and summarise with West Ham were a little unlucky with decisions but it was a fair result in the end because Bournemouth deserved something.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Jumby wrote:Facts

You can't defend the ref here, you can try, but those three hard facts drown out any noise you could make for him. Then there is the red card that wasn't.........

100%
Colours never run

FrankieMacsPerm wrote:The decision given for the last goal has over looked the fact Bournemouth should have been playing with 10 men. How he gave a yellow for that?? Admittedly I don't think there was intent but it was reckless and put a player in danger. No different to Mane v Man City.

Again 100%
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Diogenes wrote: But he does not even have to touch it Hampshire. An attempt to go for the ball makes you active and offside. There is little or anything that exonerates the Ref in this instance.
I know that he only has to move towards the ball to be interfering and therefore offside. I was just trying to work out how the ref could allow the goal and explain what his thoight process could be. So he wasn't saying that the linesman was wrong to flat just that Wilson wasn't interfering. Plainly wrong and a dodgy decision.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

I am now seriously questioning my eyesight and objectivity. How can anyone say that he was not offside? Look at the lines. It is at an angle, but the last defender is just about on the 6 yard line while Wilson is clearly in the box when the ball is headed. Also, that header does not look like it is going in to me. Wilson gets quite a significant touch on it to divert its course.

I suppose I need to take my c&b specs off! 8-)
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

A couple of positive points:

Our 2nd goal - arnautovic's pressing and chasing down after 80+ minutes.....kudos

Our 3rd goal - watch it from the start - a thing of footballing beauty in many ways, crafted from a forward pass inside our area.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Jumby wrote:Facts

Exactly, if the ball was going in any way then Wilson should have kept out the way. I remember a few seasons ago having a good Alex Song goal disallowed because Carroll was offside and "supposedly" interfering with play even though he jumped out of the way of the ball.