AFC Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham Utd (26/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

bubbles1966 wrote:
Our 2nd goal - arnautovic's pressing and chasing down after 80+ minutes.....kudos

I was thinking about this after he scored and thought should I really be praising him for doing bare minimum expected of any of our players to work hard, especially for a 2nd record signing. It was good he did what was expected of him.

More generally I've been impressed with his change in attitude since his rocky start and being far more professional and serious about his game. You see Clubs still trying to rattle him by targeting that side of his game but hes managing to keep his **** together for the most part and channelling the aggression in the right way like at Stoke.

I also thought the build up the 3rd goal was class.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Bournemouth should have had 2 reds, let alone one.

Utter garbage officiating
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

So Callum Wilson has deceived the ref (He has admitted so in interview) and it has led to a goal being given.

That's a two match ban surely?
I have had to be a little bit smart about the situation, tell the referee I didn’t touch the ball and obviously once its given, you know it goes down as yours.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

I wonder what the linesman is thinking tonight, knowing that he made the correct decision only to be overruled by the ref.

That aside, we really do need to start winning games.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

-DL- wrote:That's a two match ban surely?
Yeah. Probably.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

I understand people's frustrations with the ref as key (and often obvious) decisions have been going against us regularly for 3 years or so now, however, can we just address the issue that defensively we've been so poor for years now. It's what happens when you spend peanuts on defenders and midfielders for years and years and hope a gamble up front pays off.
If i could be bothered to pull up the defensive spend since g&s have been in charge it'd make for some horror reading. Let's take today's team as an example,
Adrian, cresswell, ogbonna, collins, zaba, that must be a total spend of about 12m. Does anybody actually expect goals to not be flying in right left and centre? How many windows have we been desperate for an effing right back?
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

The officiating was as bad as we were. I thought we were really poor today as we were against Newcastle. Pointless beating Chelsea if you lose to the teams around you. Newcastle have 18 points. 6 of those (33%) of them are against us.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

The referee was appalling today. It wasn't only their last goal and not giving the red card. He was inconsistent with what was given as a foul and what deserved a yellow card all through the game. And just before Bournemouth's first goal he missed Koyuoate pushing over one of their players as he ran into the box, and in build up to their second he twice stopped play for free kicks when to play advantage would have given them a much better position.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I'm not sure if it's legit, but there's a picture of Bobby Madley with a Bournemouth badge tattooed on his arm?

Surely a fake?

Sorry don't know how to post pictures from my phone.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Well that was a journey and a half today, foul weather all the way home and 2 accidents to steer a course around on the way there .Nonetheless it was worth it to see the famous West Ham way being on show , less happily though was the fact the team playing that way were wearing red and black .

No matter , that's just details , the helicopter view of this game would see the observer watch us concede a lead twice , the second occasion catastrophically so, and while there was a certain amount of ire directed at the officials , there was just as much at the inept defending that saw us concede so late when we had three points in our hands .

Once again, no Noble, no points, well one actually, but it sort of felt like a defeat .Ponder that , with his "legs have gone" epitaph being written by many on here .Playing in the middle for us again today were two players who lack the basic ability to receive , control and redistribute the ball in a tidy fashion on too many occasions .One of them, Kouyate , compounded his poor technical display with a work rate that simply wasn't good enough .To his left, despite setting up our third, Masuaku also decided that running in the second half was the job of others, and if it meant tracking back, then, no, sorry, that's a big no no .

The funniest moment came when , after a Bournemouth attack, in which they had no less than 4 players in our box, was Cresswell receiving our out ball 40 yards from our dead ball line .He was still jogging back .Bless .

However, before all that , we picked up the team sheet to see Antonio had not made the match day squad , and that Reid was benched .We can add them to a growing list of players this Manager has been willing to leave out to make a point .One can only hope the Chairman supports him in his attempt to get some of these players in to the correct mind set by giving him funds to spend in January , otherwise Moyes will find himself having to make peace with players he's gone to war with as the injury list inevitably grows .On this issue though the Manager is surely right , application , the willingness to run has to be the minimum requirement , and on that basis I'd be amazed if Kouyate gets another run out any time soon, injuries permitting .

Arnie did well to net his two goals, but 4 for him today would really be par .The two he missed were easier than the two he scored , but 5 in 5 isn't a bad return , well done Marko .Application, you see .

Of the rest, Zabaleta did as well as he could these days , but it's not enough, and our failure to get Lanzini on the ball more often , was not a mistake, but an inevitable consequence of where he was playing and the fact that neither Obiang or Kouyate can pass the ball to , well, frankly, anyone .

I'm not going to moan about the ref giving the equaliser , we should never have been in a position where the ref could make a mistake , and that's the learning point for our lads today .Once again it was three conceded, it could have been six, and only 3 scored when we too, could have had six .Overall though we didn't work hard enough to deserve the win , and Bournemouth played well enough to deserve a point .

Good game for the neutral, awful game for the Managers but plenty on show to keep the paying supporters entertained, and a point away from home is never a bad return .

Both teams though are running out of games .The West Brom game is now massive .
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

I think a draw was a fair result. Both sides missed a lot of good chances, them probably more than us.
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Take the away point against a fellow relegation battler and move on.
Get rested and ready for wba, huddersfield, bournemouth and crystal palace in january.
The league is so crazy one win takes a team from near the bottom to 13th, so the team will need us to cheer them on, not have a meltdown every 5 mins if we are to stay up.....that and a middie and rightback in the transfer window, other teams will be trying to buy their survival and we need to stremgthen areas of obvious concern.....unless G and S think it it puts bums on seats to torment the fans with a will they wont they routine they seem to favour so much.
Last edited by rsnwhu on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MK Hammer 3

Post by MK Hammer 3 »

prophet:marginal wrote:I wasn't watching at the time (and haven't seen the linesman flag).

Was he indicating 'handball' or 'offside'?
Good point. Linesman's flag was straight up not pointing across, so presumably flashing for handball
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Can I just say if people think Nobes is the answer we are definitely down. Yes. I would pick him above Koyoute but that doesn't change the fact he most probably wouldn't get in any other teams midfield.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Just seen the goal. Definitely handball but Adrians fault. Rubbish.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

supporting our team is just utter torture
CazzaVR
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by CazzaVR »

Harry Hound wrote: Exactly, if the ball was going in any way then Wilson should have kept out the way. I remember a few seasons ago having a good Alex Song goal disallowed because Carroll was offside and "supposedly" interfering with play even though he jumped out of the way of the ball.
IIRC, this one only got disallowed after Arsenal players surrounded the ref, so he went for a chat with his linesman. Sound familiar?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Tenbury wrote:Interviewed on 5live after the game, Wilson admitted it was a handball.By still claiming the goal therefore,he is guilty of serious misconduct. Clearly a long suspension will ensue.........

Don't be silly he doesnt play for West Ham... although to be fair Bouremouth have had their fair share of idiotic referees too this season. Not much fun being cannon fodder.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Jeez - if I got something that badly wrong at work I'd be out on my arse.FFS. Appalling