AFC Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham Utd (26/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Hayden »

I guarantee Wilson’s comments won’t even be looked into let alone penalised, despite going on record as intentionally deceiving the referee to get a goal. I don’t condone Lanzini’s dive but how much more clear cut is that? Just goes to show - you can try and take a stand against diving but these scummy ****'s will always find other ways to try and cheat their way to a win. Video is the only way. At least we know that if we got relegated (we won’t) then can we apply the Tevez article and sue Bobby Madley or does that only work against us?

As for MOTD brushing off the kick to the face - I agree with Moyes’ sentiment. If it were one of ours things would have been completely different (without the jail time) and Kilbane would have be gnawing his fingers off in despair at such a heinous act going unpunished.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

smuts wrote:Bet if we'd scored that goal against one of the big clubs they'd be frothing with rage at the injustice.
There would be demands for a public enquiry and a point deduction for our audacity to cheat. The ref would keep his job though...
pedros74

Post by pedros74 »

Justed watched highlights surely there last offside handball goal should be looked in to because why linesman and ref are discussing the offside Wilson is clearly telling them he didn't handball it. Surely that is recieving the ref so should be looked into by the fa and get a two match ban ah sorry we Westham an it ain't
Gunnar appen
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

MotD's coverage was a disgrace. Increasingly, the media's approach to any football that doesn't involve the "top six" is just insultingly patronising.

Doesn't really matter if the decisions are correct or not, or if it affects the end result, it's all a bit of a laugh and a joke and we should be grateful to get to play in the same league as geniuses like Mourinho and Wenger. Twats.

To be fair to the Dignitas Chuckle Brother, Lawro was years ahead of most in this regard.
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

Jumby wrote:Yeah but Bournemouth created the better chances!
MOTD and other media outlets use this cop out a lot and it really pisses me off. Oh they cheated their way to a goal but its absolutely fine because they deserved a draw over 90 minutes. That’s not how football does or should work or we’d have Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp deciding the match by points decision at the end - (actually I wouldn’t put it past the footballing authorities to legitimately put that forward as a suggestion for draws).
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Plain and simple we were cheated
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

smuts wrote:I can only think he thought Wilson didn't touch it, wasn't interfering with play and allowed it. In any case he should have to justify why he over ruled his linesman.

Do wonder if it wasn't going in anyway.....
On MOTD slow motion , the ball was going wide until he used a bit of 'magic' with his upper arm.
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

pedros74 wrote:Justed watched highlights surely there last offside handball goal should be looked in to because why linesman and ref are discussing the offside Wilson is clearly telling them he didn't handball it. Surely that is recieving the ref so should be looked into by the fa and get a two match ban ah sorry we Westham an it ain't
Gunnar appen
He even admitted after the game he told the referee he didn’t touch it despite knowing he had. It’s the clearest case (to my mind no one has admitted a dive yet?) since that rule came in but I assume it’s purely for diving and Wilson wont even be looked at?
pedros74

Post by pedros74 »

Is there anything we as fans can do with these desisions going against us and the byist pundits for instants massive banners in live games saying f* are cheats or B*C byist ****s or something similar
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

I turned off MOTD after those comments. I am disgusted that I am forced to pay for this ****.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

1)Just like the Stoke & Newcastle games we had a struggling side dominate our midfield today.

2) Zabaletta again offering nothing going forward as a wing back. Better off just getting him to play in a back four with the necessary support from RM to paper over the cracks. Every opposing coach and manager must licking their lips when they see our back three with Zabaletta on the flank.

3) Some dodgy defending going on again. Pick your choice of the back three to take potshots at today, plenty of ammo for you.

4) And yet again, the scoreline was flattering to us: if Bournemouth had been clinical in front of net we could have shipped 5 or more.

5) Positive notes: Arnie doing it yet again - he is a real handful. Masuaku consistently had two players marking him on the left flank every time he looked to receive the ball. Again, this is something Moyes and our players need to exploit.

6) Carroll consistently demonstrating poor decision-making. Breaking and presented with an unmarked Masuaku sprinting down the left touchline 5 yards away Carroll spurns the simple pass that will split the Bournemouth defence. Instead he opts for a 40-yard no look punt to a marked Arnie that unsurprisingly gives the ball straight back to Bournemouth.

7) For much of the 90 Lanzini was effectively marked out of the game - denying our players the opportunity to pass to him was a tactic that worked effectively for Bournemouth. Well done Eddie Howe.

8) Bad reffing aside, the actual match was end to end rip-roaring stuff: For most of the 90 Bournemouth were on top of us and looked like they would get all the points. Credit to Moyes for the attacking subs for the last 25 minutes, it changed the way the game was going.

But it has to be Sakho not Carroll coming on, and Hernandez has to start ahead of Ayew. Sakho has a better first touch, better positioning and a much better eye for goal than Carroll. Hernandez has quicker feet, better close control, better first touch and overall a better feel for goal than Ayew.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Wilson has conned the officials to get a goal, Lanzini over exaggerated his fall to get a penalty. Lanzini gets two match ban and torn apart as a diver. Wilson will get nothing but gets to claim the glory. The game is wrong.
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Amazing isn't it, literally admitted to cheating us out of 3 points on camera yet nothing will be done I bet.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Obviously we're all angry about the Callum Wilson ' goal ' that went against us , the only reason I can think that the Referee has given it is because he thinks Wilson hasn't touched it , if we weren't so desperate for 3 points I would have been happy with a 3-3 away from Home .

Anyway , let's look at the good points -

Two more goals for our Austrian Maestro , determination got them both , not many players would have chased down Begovic in that situation and the second goal was all about strength and determination also , Arnautovic is loving his time at West Ham and looks like he'll break his Premier League scoring record this season .

James Collins - a carbon copy replica of his goal against Chelsea all those years ago , superb effort , brilliant finish . Great celebration too . :)

Masuaku - pacey , tricky winger who can cross the ball , another assist today .
pedros74

Post by pedros74 »

We should start singing songs about the curruption and as we ain't the only victims whole stadiums might join in would be imbarrassing for the authorities maybe.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

It's certainly notable when even a Scotsman with no affinity to West Ham other than resurrecting his own career has after as little as a few months noticed exactly how predictably the decisions inevitably go against this team. As if a West Ham manager doesn't have enough on his plate, what with average and under working players for the most part, uninspiring surroundings. a demanding fan base and of course the most odious of double dealing owners without that. For whatever reasons we really have ended up with an uninspiring squad that's going to have to be substantially improved to escape this dismal relegation scrap despite there being double the mediocre teams around than I expected this season.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I can’t believe Calum Wilson has the absolute front to claim he didn’t touch it, then laugh about it afterwards and admit he did.

I also can’t believe the referee has essentially taken Wilson’s word over his linesman.

It’s absolutely mental.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Only out of morbid curiosity I watched MOTD but knew exactlynthat type of 'coverage' they'd give all the incidents and true to form they in the main underplayed most of it and laughed it off as just 1 of those things but good old plucky West Ham, draw should be best you should hope for.

Lineker saying Moyes was going ott by taking him literally at the end but he was bang on with what he was saying with a hint of sarcasm saying WHU players would be deemed to do 6 months in Nick for the assaults the Bournemouth players did today. Kilbane saying it was at worst a yellow and got it right for reckless dangerous play?! Maybe if he received a boot to the teeth he'd think differently.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I'm sure I read on here that this was easily a top half squad - top 6 according to some including the Club hierarchy.

More worrying than relegation is the fact that at halfway we have half the points of the top 6. Moyes will get a long term contract if he equals Slav's points tally of last season.

We are at the level of Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield and Brighton despite paying circa £15m in wages on Hart, Zabaleta and Hernandez alone. Leicester, Burnley and Everton plus the top 6 have left us miles behind.

I don't have a problem with it, but the Club as a whole really needs to accept that the likes of Bournemouth are our equal these days and all the talk otherwise is half the problem. Best just enjoy the ride.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

HammerMan2004 wrote:I can’t believe Calum Wilson has the absolute front to claim he didn’t touch it, then laugh about it afterwards and admit he did.

I also can’t believe the referee has essentially taken Wilson’s word over his linesman.

It’s absolutely mental.

Yep then to top it off by calling what happened 'magic'. I don't, I call it embarrassing blatant cheating that you got away with. ****ing worm.