Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by taffhammer »

Westbourne Bill wrote:a Chinese consortium led by our friend Kia has apparently requested a feasibility study on converting the stadium to a football ground
Interesting.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

It'd be hilarious if Kia / Chinese consortium buy out the stadium and convert it. As it would only benefit West Ham as the anchor tenant and not the consortium?
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

That article reads like a load of made up **** to generate hits.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 618 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

An extract from the SAB meeting notes that have just been posted on FB,

Political Rumblings
There's too much to go into detail on, but two things to mention:There was a lot of noise in the media when Sadiq Khan stepped in and got involved regarding the stadium. However he has not responded to any of Karren Brady's 15 letters and she is unable to get a meeting with him.

I wonder why? 'As ye sow, so shall you reap'.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Hammer.CA wrote:An extract from the SAB meeting notes that have just been posted on FB,

Political Rumblings
There's too much to go into detail on, but two things to mention:There was a lot of noise in the media when Sadiq Khan stepped in and got involved regarding the stadium. However he has not responded to any of Karren Brady's 15 letters and she is unable to get a meeting with him.

I've said it time and again, that political donation to the Tories from "West Ham United" is going to cause us all kinds of problems, politicising the football club is another sackable offence for the Baroness.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Email today from the club:

Not very exclusive - sign up to Rolling Stones emails and you could get tickets on Tuesday; any Amex cardholder could get tickets yesterday and the link in the email is generic to a ticketing site that anyone can use.

No discount - paying almost as much for a ticket as my season ticket - but I will be close to the pitch (actually on it)!
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Hammer.CA wrote:An extract from the SAB meeting notes that have just been posted on FB,

Political Rumblings

Is there anything corroborating this claim from Brady?

I take it those notes are from a SAB attendee? Do the club notes mention anything on this?

EDIT - I mean proof she said she's written 15 times without reply...?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Seeing talk on twitter that Wembley will be asking for a lot more rent from Chelsea than spurs have paid. So chelsea are looking at other options including LS. Have to say considering their financial plight you could see operators going for it. Scheduling would be very tight though. But if it didn’t impact our fixtures I’m not sure we’d have much of an argument.
stevenmj
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by stevenmj »

Karen said we could veto anyone. Whats not to believe?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

THE bowl is bad enough I am not going if we share it with Chelsea.

enough is enough

let Chelsea suffer
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I dislike Chelsea.

We should definitely let them use the stadium. It will ruin their season.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Mega Ron wrote:I dislike Chelsea.

We should definitely let them use the stadium. It will ruin their season.
I like your style Ron.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 618 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

I'm posting this information I received today but I could just as easily posted this on Gold & Sullivan or the March is ON threads.
There was a meeting of the SAB with the club last week and someone has been asking for quite a while about stalls outside the stadium, I was interested when I was told but I did say that the club would never let it happen even if they had the authority however as I think everyone on this site will know, Karren Brady did say that the club will commit to getting the stalls back at the OS to make it feel like home, message 1

'Got the info I was looking for. They want £1750 per game for a prime spot around the stadium. Told them that’s absolutely ridiculous - they want businesses there but are freezing fans out!
They’re looking at having the old stands back on the bridge at sometime in the future but don’t know anymore than that. What an absolute joke.'

Message 2,
Other bloke is furious. I told them what his business was - it’s a Prosecco bar. Very unique champagne bottle shaped bar - only one in the world and being made as we speak. They have formed an excellent partnership with an Italian wine company called Zonin who will provide the Prosecco.
Now what call has there ever been for Prosecco/champagne at football?
Well suddenly after keeping us waiting weeks for an answer, the club have entered into a deal with a champagne company, so won’t want a Prosecco bar there.'

I can't speak about Prosecco but I can talk about merchandise because it's what I do, an official licensed scarf costs £6+VAT, so £7.20 each. The badges won't be much of an income because the club won't allow any use of the word WEST HAM or the Crossed Hammers. It is almost certain that there would be VAT on the £1750 and Newham Council may want a trader to have licence as well, guesstimate at £1000 pa. I think the minimum any merchandise trader would need to take on a stall per game would be £4000 and I can tell you with almost certainty that a stall wouldn't take anywhere near that for a normal game.
So the 'commitment' by club is complete fanny on stalls and making the new stadium feel like home, always was and always will be with these owners.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

I thought the same when I read about the club allowing the fans to get an architects view on the feasibility and cost of extending the seats nearer to the pitch. It sounded a bit like a letting agent allowing a tenant to get someone in to cost the price of an extension, knowing full well neither the landlord or the agent would have the money and/or desire to pay for it.

I'm not sure how much more naive some people can be.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

nothing will change until they go.

brady will erect some dildo flag and say the board have listened.

don't renew season tickets memberships or buy anything from the store. That is the only way to force them out.
boycott august fixtures until after the transfer window closes.It wont affect the team as we lose every month anyway.

chinese or red bull may come in if the team starts badly, attendances are low around 30k as they may smell the GSB leeches want out.

march every match

banners and protest at away games

local traders should trade on carpenters estate away from the dust bowl area.

long live the boleyn does and will be where I make my next purchase of merchandise
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

On a different note, can you enter using a different turnstile to that on your ticket?
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 612 likes

Post by NedN »

Wembley1966 wrote:Not very exclusive - sign up to Rolling Stones emails and you could get tickets on Tuesday; any Amex cardholder could get tickets yesterday and the link in the email is generic to a ticketing site that anyone can use.
I disagree...it’s very thoughtful of the club - they are figuring that ST holders already love turning up to watch one group of old, overpaid, past-it performers, why wouldn’t they want to come for another?
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by Jon »

Disgusting treatment of stall holders. Why can't they sell their wares without paying a fee? That way merchandise and food would be affordable. Everyone wins.

Why can't they see the bigger picture?

They hit stall holders and then pay defenders 50k a week for not clearing a corner.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

19th August Fat Boy Slim and others for a gig in Queen Elizabeth Park .

Can't see us having a home game/friendly that day
Kialos
Has liked: 1544 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

noblecause wrote:On a different note, can you enter using a different turnstile to that on your ticket?

No