Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Re: Are the rats Leaving the sinking Ship

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ In 15 days time the first 5 years are up on us signing away our history and the amount of money they have to pay LLDC drops. It will be far too risky for them to hang around another 5 years to potentially see the value of their investment fall by many times any amounts they would have to pay LLDC for selling up.

If there was an optimum time to sell it would be now.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

I put this in simpler terms on another thread. Somethings afoot.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 808 likes
Total likes: 3029 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Wembley1966 wrote:If there was an optimum time to sell it would be now.
Yesterday would have been better.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 575 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by TommyHammer »

Prefer gold to Sullivan but I’m 20 minutes into the radio show on the West Ham way and already sick of the geezer. He reckons they budgeted for 8th place this season and admits the Olympic stadium is not perfect but says it’s better than risking nearly a billion pound. Had to skip through the first ten minutes of him banging on about living across the road from Upton Park and how much he loved it. Bore me later you crook.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Were we an attractive proposition? Are we an attractive proposition now following the mass supporter dissatisfaction and the demands from supporters? Books are healthy as we sold all of our players. The squad will require significant investment. The training ground is disgraceful and needs a revamp. That is before we even begin to mention the stadium. Our revenue streams are fairly limited it seems but can improve if we are successful on the pitch. But to what degree? And yet the bastards will still expect and demand a crazy figure to sell. The plot thickens.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Why waste a minute of your life listening to that 82 year old spiv.
shortofbrillant

Post by shortofbrillant »

Johnny_C WHU wrote: What I cannot believe people don't see at least is the continuous cock-ups they keep managing to pull out of the bag, with ignorant fans simply putting down to the 'West Ham way'. You don't really hear of other clubs offering a shilling for one of Europe's up and comings, or the whole Sporting email debacle, "my sons begged me not to sign them..." moving to compete at the next level, in a world class stadium with world class players on an extra £8m a year, I could go on and on.
Some of the cock ups you could even live with. However, the disrespect they have for other parties and outright arrogance is what pushes me over the line. Bad mouthing Bilic. The way they spoke about Snodgrass and Fonte while still under contract. The comments from one of the offspring who apparently fixed every department after working for 6 weeks. If I worked in a company like that I would walk right. I cannot imagine how people continue to work for them.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Ain't listen to it, but judging from the replies same old b*llocks

442 Green St, mum had her 90th in the WHUSC blah blah

He's 82 as hell remind ya, but takes no prisoners, us fans aren't a worry to him, just keep them quite Karren he said

ruined a great club, generations past present and future denied because a cheap Buck and finally got the cheap stadium they always wanted :thdn:
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Almost like being asset stripped :?
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Sawbo »

Dave how I wish they would!
However, it won't happen for 3 reasons :
1. The board are liars, probably sold the protest organisers more spin to buy some time.
2. Sully sees us as his personal toy that he can pass down to his offspring to play with when he's done with it.
3. They want to drain every last shilling out of the club before selling.
DrVenk
Has liked: 360 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

If they are, CNR is on for an orgy.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I'm laying out the mouse traps as I speak.. :raver:
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

Any potential buyer would have his minions all over social media as part of his/her/their due diligence - the result would be that no amount of hushing up the protesters with freebies would come out in the wash. The accounts are transparent - any serious buyer would be able to decipher what is going on - the cash value of our stock (the playing staff) must be at an all time low right now, reducing the value of the club.

My fear is that DS will try and buy out DG - we will become "The Sullivan Family's West Ham Play Thing London". I wish more than anyone that they would sell up- f*** I'd have the Icelanders or Terry Brown back, but no serious buyer would be a thick as DS and will see any ploy he puts in place - ****ing hope I'm wrong. :crest:
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

I think that it is wishful thinking that they are about to sell up. I can see no reason for them to leave.
If at least 3 teams are bellow us come 14th May their gamble would have work again and they will be guaranteed another season of the SKY cash. If not then they are conceited enough to think that we will get promoted at the first time of asking with the parachute payment as a safeguard.
They are spending less than they are getting in each season and even though they have already sold our biggest asset they will continue to fleece us by charging interest on the loan. This is a cash cow they will milk until the day they die, then they will pass it on to their offspring who they are already moulding in their own image.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

the pink palermo wrote:"Wembley1966"]If there was an optimum time to sell it would be now.

Yesterday would have been better.
Exactly my view PP, these clowns are definitely second division and no way as astute as they claim. They didn't see this sxxtstorm coming when it was blatently obvious and have dealt with it like the second rate quasi-gangland characters they are. IMHO things could get a lot worse for them and it's up to us as a fanbase to make that happen.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Listened to the DG podcast - well worth a listen in my view. He comes across well and I genuinely believe he cares and wants what is best.

Said lots of positive but still realistic things, ultimately it comes down to the fact the current owners don’t have the investment to propel us any higher up the league. 7-17th is the best we can hope for at present.

My overriding conclusion from the podcast is that at 82 years old DG is no longer fit to run a football club.
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

MadMart wrote: My fear is that DS will try and buy out DG - we will become "The Sullivan Family's West Ham Play Thing London". I wish more than anyone that they would sell up- **** I'd have the Icelanders or Terry Brown back, but no serious buyer would be a thick as DS and will see any ploy he puts in place - ****ing hope I'm wrong. :crest:
I said this to someone last weekend when Gold got confronted at Swansea.

I think there is every chance Sullivan buys him out at some point
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Listened to the DG podcast - well worth a listen in my view. He comes across well and I genuinely believe he cares and wants what is best.

Said lots of positive but still realistic things, ultimately it comes down to the fact the current owners don’t have the investment to propel us any higher up the league. 7-17th is the best we can hope for at present.

My overriding conclusion from the podcast is that at 82 years old DG is no longer fit to run a football club.

Wait... He's 82?
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Listened to the DG podcast - well worth a listen in my view. He comes across well and I genuinely believe he cares and wants what is best.

my overriding conclusion is that he's an 82-year old lying, thieving, cheating, disrespectful old **** who frankly i couldnt care less if he ever saw 83.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

woodford wrote:so based on the accounts ( or at least the Sulli version of them ) the reality appears :

We left Upton Park for less gain than the cost of a Robert Snodgrass

Taking into account loan fees and wages, probably around the cost of Joe Hart for this season

Well that's been worth it
We left Upton Park so that the two spivs could make several million in an under the table deal.