Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Upton Carp »

The press are united in one thing; that a coin(s) was thrown at Sullivan and it hit his spectacles. Are they made from toughened glass, coz from all the replays and still I have seen or watched he left the directors box with his glasses intact and undamaged. I could be wrong (it's been known) but surely a coin thrown with any venom (and why throw it if it is venom-free) would crack the lens at the very least.

There were apparently over 200 protesters below the box: Surely one of them saw either the thrower or the direct hit. Of all the spin the board are putting on this, surely if possible we should try to refute this allegation.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Don’t believe the coin thing at all. If he had been hit he would have scurried away quickly from his seat. But he didn’t he left slowly and calmly.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

so it apparently hit his glasses which is convenient as it wouldnt leave a mark on his skin, yet he apparently has unmarked glasses as well

You lot sure it was a coin?

Just when you think they've hit rock bottom on spin and bull****, they pull another ace out of the pack
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

‘Sky sources’ claimed thirty coins were thrown didn’t they? Any film of any single one of them? No? They’re trying to damn us in the eyes of the footballing world and get the media against us. And they’re supposed to want a truce? It’s just respite and a chance to regather themselves that they’re after.

Just remember it’s all lies, lies, lies and you can’t go far wrong.
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Giving a specific number just reeks of BS. Who sat and counted them? We're they counted as thrown or on the floor?
Surely it would be reported 'a number of coins if it were true.

'Sully, how many should we say were thrown?'

'About 30 should do it. And make it clear some were big £2 ones'
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Can't copy them contents of this link on my phone but this perfectly sums up the reasons for the current discontent for those who haven't friends asking but can't be arsed to explain in detail.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

So Sullivan has decided at long last to appoint a Director of Football. This is long overdue, but what with the press having a field day with him, it raises just one question: With his noteriety, who exactly does he think will be prepared to work for him ? It is also the same with a new manager
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Puff Daddy wrote:With his noteriety, who exactly does he think will be prepared to work for him ? It is also the same with a new manager
kevino
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by kevino »

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comm ... 88631.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wondering if anyone else saw this article in tonight's Standard. Not much balance to it imo.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

kevino wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comm ... 88631.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wondering if anyone else saw this article in tonight's Standard. Not much balance to it imo.
Dale seems to be suggesting that the ICF were behind the protests. Clueless.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

kevino wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comm ... 88631.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there any score on which Iain Dale isn't an idiot?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Is this a trick question?
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Vic_Watson wrote: Dale seems to be suggesting that the ICF were behind the protests. Clueless.
Dale is quite clued up. He knows exactly what he is doing and he knows full well that it was nothing to do with the ICF, so his attempt to muddy the waters like this should tell us all we need to know about him.

"We can blame the players, we can blame the stadium itself or we can blame the amateurish stewarding all we like," That's right. So, basically you're saying blame anyone apart from the obvious real culprits who we all know are the owners.

Dale obviously knows which side his bread's buttered on. Another board spokesman, no doubt.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

David Gold Retweeted
Julie Cook
Julie Cook
@juliaesq
Come along and support @davidgold Charity Garden Open Day all proceeds go to 2 Amazing Charities 1st and 8th April 11am-4.30pm A Fun day in beautiful surroundings Prizes to be won all day entertainment birds of prey Great Day Out more details at

I know it’s for charity. But day after Southampton to open up your house in this current climate is utter madness.
Lt. Discussion

Post by Lt. Discussion »

Dale is a board apologist who wasn't by his own admission even there on saturday.

He also says the board care. On what can he even begin to base that statement on?

Deluded isnt even the word. Calling fans who care knuckle draggers? Get out of my club, like the 'bloke', i use that loosely who posted up a video of himself crying at what happened on saturday. You dont speak for me Iain Dale
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:‘Sky sources’ claimed thirty coins were thrown didn’t they? Any film of any single one of them? No? They’re trying to damn us in the eyes of the footballing world and get the media against us. And they’re supposed to want a truce? It’s just respite and a chance to regather themselves that they’re after.

Just remember it’s all lies, lies, lies and you can’t go far wrong.
Reminds me of the Chelsea "fan" with his daughter who was "petrified" at the OS at all the coins from those naughty West Ham fans. So petrified that the 2 of them bent down and picked them all up to show the waiting press.

I smell bull ! :thdn:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

stevieboy wrote:Giving a specific number just reeks of BS. Who sat and counted them? We're they counted as thrown or on the floor? Surely it would be reported 'a number of coins if it were true.
'Sully, how many should we say were thrown?'
'About 30 should do it. And make it clear some were big £2 ones'
I'm surprised they didn't claim it was 30 pieces of silver..

Sully's lucky it wasn't 30 dildos launched in his direction..
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

A Dildo protest seems such an obvious idea. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet with the mass launching of Dildos onto the pitch or into the Directors Box.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Aztec Hammer wrote:A Dildo protest seems such an obvious idea. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet with the mass launching of Dildos onto the pitch or into the Directors Box.
It was previously discussed at length quite a while ago on Kumb, Aztec.
People couldn't decide as to whether they would be classed as an offensive weapon, if found being taken through the turnstiles.
When the danger of David Sullivan ending up with a dong sticking out of his ear was brought up, the idea was dropped.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Aztec Hammer wrote:A Dildo protest seems such an obvious idea. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet with the mass launching of Dildos onto the pitch or into the Directors Box.
Won't Sully & Gold make money if everyone buys dildos?