Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Wilko1304, -DL-, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 1141 likes
Total likes: 369 likes

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Post by Colours never run »

Why isn't the legal dispute about opening it up to 66,000 instead of just 60,000?, or will it actually be for 66,000 and just been poorly communicated? I appreciate it doesn't necessarily mean we'd fill it, more the principle for potential growth which was part of the argument for moving in to such a big stadium.

The extra capacity at that level appears significant year on year (if filled and priced right).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 471 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The 66k is purely so when they sell the club they can state "the biggest club football ground in London, the second biggest in the UK.
Estuary
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Estuary »

the pink palermo wrote:The 66k is purely so when they sell the club they can state "the biggest club football ground in London, the second biggest in the UK.
Yep, but that's not to say the increase isn't a good thing for the extra 6000 supporters many of whom will be local tax payers.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 93 likes
Total likes: 471 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Estuary wrote:Yep, but that's not to say the increase isn't a good thing for the extra 6000 supporters many of whom will be local tax payers.
Oh, don't misunderstand me, I'd love to see 66,000 WHU supporters cheer the team on, week after week , and we do have enough to do it if the fixture is potentially exciting - just look at how hard it was to get tickets for a div2 play off game at Wembley .

The problem is most of our games aren't that high on thrill factor .
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

I reckon we'd sell out for most 'big' fixtures in a 66k stadium if priced right.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Colours never run wrote:I reckon we'd sell out for most 'big' fixtures in a 66k stadium if priced right.
How many will actively support us if they are day trippers from other clubs looking to see the opposition’s superstars take us apart? If we had a history of success that attracts glory seekers from Manchester, I could understand the need.
Demo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Demo »

Question is, do we only fill it because we charge low prices? If we had to up the prices to give us more funds to build a stronger team would we still fill it? I guess we'll never know as GSB like to hark on about freezing prices.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 543 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting letter from Obergruppenfuhrer Brady to stakeholders (except paying customers) of the stadium from last summer.

Fine words from Ms. Brady and a reasonable point she makes. Shame that watertight contract she bragged about is proving troublesome.
Liam
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Liam »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting letter from Obergruppenfuhrer Brady to stakeholders (except paying customers) of the stadium from last summer.

Fine words from Ms. Brady and a reasonable point she makes. Shame that watertight contract she bragged about is proving troublesome.
Very interesting read. Think Her ladyship comes out of it quite well to be honest.
Colours never run

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Last edited by the pink palermo on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bypassing of swear filter
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

E20 are a business not West Ham fans ... Ms Bardy signed a one-sided contract which puts the club on the hook for everything 'over and above the costs required' that means that E20 can run the stadium with the absolute, but legally acceptable, minimum of everything ... if West Ham as tenants require more ... stewards, police, extra anything ... then E20 under the terms agreed can charge them for it ... it's in the contract ...

The court fight is about whether E20 can charge these extras for the difference between 57,000 and 60,000 and what that increase entails .... West Ham say the contract allows for 60,000 E20 says only 57,000 and that over the 95 years E20 say this could cost an extra 100m .... and there's the crux of the court case .... who pays?

The reality is win or lose E20 will still be in a position to charge West Ham for ever 'extra' they can come up with ... for us it's a terrible contract which only a fool would have signed ... in any contract you never leave one party with an open ended charging mechanism, that's just so basic .... so many thanks Ms Brady once again a top job ....
Last edited by IronworksDave on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slacking student

Post by Slacking student »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep I would do exactly the same if I was in E20s situation. If they want something doing I'd do the complete opposite. Even if it ended up costing you nothing. My attitude would be a big f*** you to GSB
Albie Beck
Has liked: 218 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Liam wrote:Very interesting read. Think Her ladyship comes out of it quite well to be honest.
Really? Trying to plug a hole she herself left in her "watertight" agreement...?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

She’s got a new show on ITV. Advising new business set ups :lol:
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

If she advises you to migrate your business...don't.
Slacking student

Post by Slacking student »

bubbles500 wrote:She’s got a new show on ITV. Advising new business set ups :lol:
Won't be able to watch for fear of breaking my TV
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 287 likes
Total likes: 592 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I will donate £50 to the BMF if she's still here first game next season.

She's just trying to massage a way out now.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

Doc H Ball wrote:I will donate £50 to the BMF if she's still here first game next season.

She's just trying to massage a way out now.
I agree, but think they will make her a sacrificial lamb in an attempt to apease the fans.

it wont work though....
Gerblatz
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

bubbles500 wrote:She’s got a new show on ITV. Advising new business set ups :lol:
Baroness Balls Up and the Missing Targets Mystery....Downtown Shabby..