Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Claret & Pravda already getting some digs in at the mayor's side over yesterday's meeting not being long enough.

I'm not really sure why he needs to give the club more than 45 minutes in all honesty? Took me 30 seconds to write the following email:

Hi Karren,

Sure, all of that looks reasonable. Happy to go ahead with that as soon as you agree to renegotiate the whole contract.

Thx hun. SK. xx
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

We were in such a strong position prior to move to negotiate a favourable deal in our favour, we could have used that advantage to gain more control at the stadium probably at a cost or alternatively do the opposite and minimise our outlay and responsibilities there.

Sadly we have wasted that opportunity, now had we been temporarily relocating then I could have seen logic in the clubs approach but such a short term approach clearly is no benefit to the club in the long term and we are all going to pay for this including the owners, whoever did this deal for us really has a lot to answer for and as ultimately the owners are accountable so therefore are responsible for the damage this move has inflicted on the club and its supporters something they shouldn't be forgiven for.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

What if both sides break down in communication again to the point neither can rrally agree to a satisfactory renegotiation? We just gonna muddle through with it via the courts all the time or could we envisage them saying you know What, this just isn't going to work and best we look into cancelling the whole thing and moving out would be the solution long term?

How would you negotiate now if you were in her Prada shoes?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

The problem for the owners is that, regardless of who is in the right legally and/or morally, they have chosen to try and put the screws on the establishment as if they were in dispute with just another company.
The deal was done on BoJo's watch so Khan is in a win-win situation (imo).
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

So about that giant L.E.D. wrap we weren’t allowed because of the impact on the residents

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/mu ... 94241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

did I just hear that bloke from RWHFAG correct when he said there is only one toilet in the changing rooms at the London Stadium?
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Rio wrote:So about that giant L.E.D. wrap we weren’t allowed because of the impact on the residents

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/mu ... 94241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wasn't it more to do with the impact on marine life in the rivers? (oh and undoubtedly the cost)
griff123

Post by griff123 »

Not sure if right place to post or if already been posted but here are the minutes from the latest SAB....

http://www.whufc.com/sites/default/file ... 0318_0.pdf
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

griff123 wrote:Not sure if right place to post or if already been posted but here are the minutes from the latest SAB....

West Ham "don’t hold the safety certificate, don’t direct stewards and do not set the matchday plan."

And the many match day problems will not be resolved until this has been sorted and brought inhouse
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Re: making the place feel more like our ground than a building site:
Members were then shown some images illustrating potential themes to kick start the
discussion around gathering a list of potential themes for the new concourse decoration that
the Club have committed to around the stadium:

• Boys of 86 – Parkes, Stewart, Gale, Ward, Cottee, Devonshire, McAvennie, Martin
• Bonds / Brooking - FA Cup Finals
• Vic Watson (and other notable goal scorers)
• Final game at Boleyn – Mark Noble, Reid - final goal
• Managers/Academy of Football - King, Paynter, Fenton, Greenwood, Lyall, Bonds
• Hammers of the year history – this gives an opportunity to feature some popular
former Hammers
• 1940 War Cup Final Winners - Wembley
• Old Programmes, a wallpaper of covers (Cup final programmes bigger images)
• Crest history - from TIW to present day
• Academy/The West Ham Way - Malcom Allison, Ted Fenton, Ron Greenwood
• Boleyn Ground History from 1904 to 2016
• Fans and crowd scenes
Credit where it's due to whoever put that list together. All stuff that would work.

Simple question though - shouldn't this have been discussed and acted on sometime around 2015/early 2016 before we moved in??
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote: Simple question though - shouldn't this have been discussed and acted on sometime around 2015/early 2016 before we moved in??
They will not spend any money unless they deem it absolutely necessary.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

griff123 wrote:Not sure if right place to post or if already been posted but here are the minutes from the latest SAB....

Brady was not questioned about her 'watertight' deal ? Everything seems to be leaking at once and quicker than the Titanic.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Rio wrote:So about that giant L.E.D. wrap we weren’t allowed because of the impact on the residents

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/mu ... 94241.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just another blatant lie in a long list. But they don't lie oh no....
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Just spent the last hour on skyscraper city checking out spurs Everton Chelsea Liverpool City new builds and development. So so sad we are in this situation and stuck with this shambles for 100 years. In reference to the other thread about favourite grounds and many sighting Dortmund. When you look at that spurs single tier it doesn’t look far off. Just very surprised Chelsea haven’t gone for a similar solution. A single tier kop really gives a stadium something special. Anfield eventually will go to 70k and be awesome. If we think it’s painful now be even worse in 10 years when everyone has these new shiny purpose built football stadiums. Even palace and QPR will be mocking us. Unforgivable what GSB have done.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

bubbles500 wrote:If we think it’s painful now be even worse in 10 years when everyone has these new shiny purpose built football stadiums. Even palace and QPR will be mocking us. Unforgivable what GSB have done.
That is all so true b.
It is all just very sad. Why did it have to be us palmed off with a not-fit-for-purpose stadium?
I didn't want us to move but I put my trust in those doing the move that it would all be ok. As I'm sure every one of us did.
Most of us now feel, it was the worst thing to ever happen to us.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

I’m regards to the new segregation being put up to stop movement around the ground, does this now mean that before the game, at half time, or at full time I won’t be able to meet up with family and friends who sit in various locations around the ground? I’m sure that was actually one of the selling points at the reservation centre!
Colours never run

aaronhammer wrote:I’m regards to the new segregation being put up to stop movement around the ground, does this now mean that before the game, at half time, or at full time I won’t be able to meet up with family and friends who sit in various locations around the ground? I’m sure that was actually one of the selling points at the reservation centre!
I remember one Asian lad selling it that way when I said I have mates in other sections and he said you'd be able to meet up so you're not wrong.
Colours never run

According to Sky sources, these additional security resources will cost the taxpayer in London £60,000.

:arry:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ In The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... pton-visit
  • Details of the additional security measures for Southampton’s visit were released on Thursday and it is understood the operation will cost around £60,000. This will be covered by the taxpayer under the deal agreed with West Ham before they moved to the stadium in 2016.

Stewards will be in the stands and at pitch-side following a series of invasions during West Ham’s home defeat by Burnley this month.

Free flow around the stadium will be reduced in response to events at that game, which included supporters gathering below the directors’ box to protest and, in some cases, throwing missiles.

West Ham will place a security barrier near the directors’ box to stop fans from getting too close. David Sullivan was struck on his glasses by a coin and he and his co-owner David Gold left their seats early for their own safety.
And good old Simon Stone:

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

I’m honestly embarrassed it’s farcical. We 100% should pay that.